T Nation

29 Year Old Animal In the Making

4 years ago I was a skinnny bastard at 165 pounds. After the fire academy and my first year as a firefighter I got up to 180, but still wasn’t happy. About 14 months ago I started serioulsy training with a friend and learning about a proper diet.

Currently my stats look like this
Age 29
Height 5’10’’
Weight 207
Chest 42 1/2
Bi 15
Waist 33
Quads 26
Calves 16 1/2
I am starting to cut now, but I am 4 weeks out from a powerlifting meet. So my cut is kinda limited unil after the meet.

Here is a rear double bi pic

You dont look big enough to weigh 207 unless your legs are massive?

What are your lifts?

Why are you cutting before a meet? Unless it’s absolutely necessary to make your desired weight class, this seems like a bad idea.

You sure you’re 29?

Maybe a typo?

Good God, if you are only 29 yoa then you need to change your goddam way of living, right now.

Let me re-phrase that, by starting to try to cut I mean I have added a few days of cardio into my routine,not truely cutting until after the meet.
Yes I do weigh 207,nobody thinks I look like I weigh that,my legs are big but not huge 26 inch quads.

Yes I am 29 not a typo, why would you think its a typo, cant control the receeding hairline.

Currently my lifts are
Bench-340
Squat-495
Dead-445
Still have 4 weeks to go, I would like to add a few more pounds before the meet…

As far as cutting weight for the meet, I dont see an advantage to cutting nearly 10 pounds, afraid I would loose to much strength,I am doing the meet for fun anyways

You shouldn’t be claiming equipped lifts as though they were done raw.

[quote]Mister T. wrote:
You shouldn’t be claiming equipped lifts as though they were done raw. [/quote]

You shouldn’t assume they are equipped lifts,try asking before sticking your foot in your mouth.
I guess I thought belt, wrist and knee wraps were a given

340 bench with only a 42 inch chest? damn something must be wrong with me.

I have not posted in a while but I have to now. Are your lifts in grams or ounces?

[quote]Torque wrote:
340 bench with only a 42 inch chest? damn something must be wrong with me.[/quote]

More like, something is wrong with his spotter.

Fuck, I said I was going to stay out of this forum!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Torque wrote:
340 bench with only a 42 inch chest? damn something must be wrong with me.

More like, something is wrong with his spotter.

Fuck, I said I was going to stay out of this forum![/quote]

the first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem. clearly your a T-Nation rate my phyique forum addict. and sadly there is no cure except for destroying your keyboard

Is there some formula out there that I dont know about that calculates your max bench using your chest measurment??? If so what should my max be with a 42 inch chest if you think 340 is too much.

Just last weekend at a touch and go meet I watched a 170 pound 17 year old kid bench 475 with single ply denim,explain that one to me

[quote]ffmedic32 wrote:
Is there some formula out there that I dont know about that calculates your max bench using your chest measurment??? If so what should my max be with a 42 inch chest if you think 340 is too much.

Just last weekend at a touch and go meet I watched a 170 pound 17 year old kid bench 475 with single ply denim,explain that one to me[/quote]

Explain what? That the gear used in powerlifting has gotten out of hand and that I doubt that same kid could use near that weight on his own without a spotter and definitely not for reps?

I think I was in high school the last time my chest was 42". That’s not much of an accomplishment. Are you saying you TRAIN REGULARLY with 340lbs FOR REPS?

I usually avoid going into much detail about any weight I specifically lift, but you can bet that if I claimed it, it is what I do FOR REPS…not some weight I may have gotten once with a spotter pulling half the weight or with a bench shirt that took 20% or more of the load off of me.

29? you dont look 29…
Good luck with your goals

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Explain what? That the gear used in powerlifting has gotten out of hand and that I doubt that same kid could use near that weight on his own without a spotter and definitely not for reps?

[/quote]

It a sinlge ply denim. Youre not going to get huge numbers out of it.

[quote]

It a sinlge ply denim. Youre not going to get huge numbers out of it.[/quote]

ah, but you will get numbers won’t you?

why dont you post some vids of your lifts? even from a phone camera?

are you sure you dont mean 340lbs hammer strength lift?