29 Year Old Animal In the Making

4 years ago I was a skinnny bastard at 165 pounds. After the fire academy and my first year as a firefighter I got up to 180, but still wasn’t happy. About 14 months ago I started serioulsy training with a friend and learning about a proper diet.

Currently my stats look like this
Age 29
Height 5’10’’
Weight 207
Chest 42 1/2
Bi 15
Waist 33
Quads 26
Calves 16 1/2
I am starting to cut now, but I am 4 weeks out from a powerlifting meet. So my cut is kinda limited unil after the meet.

Here is a rear double bi pic

You dont look big enough to weigh 207 unless your legs are massive?

What are your lifts?

Why are you cutting before a meet? Unless it’s absolutely necessary to make your desired weight class, this seems like a bad idea.

You sure you’re 29?

Maybe a typo?

Good God, if you are only 29 yoa then you need to change your goddam way of living, right now.

Let me re-phrase that, by starting to try to cut I mean I have added a few days of cardio into my routine,not truely cutting until after the meet.
Yes I do weigh 207,nobody thinks I look like I weigh that,my legs are big but not huge 26 inch quads.

Yes I am 29 not a typo, why would you think its a typo, cant control the receeding hairline.

Currently my lifts are
Bench-340
Squat-495
Dead-445
Still have 4 weeks to go, I would like to add a few more pounds before the meet…

As far as cutting weight for the meet, I dont see an advantage to cutting nearly 10 pounds, afraid I would loose to much strength,I am doing the meet for fun anyways

[quote]Mister T. wrote:
You shouldn’t be claiming equipped lifts as though they were done raw. [/quote]

You shouldn’t assume they are equipped lifts,try asking before sticking your foot in your mouth.
I guess I thought belt, wrist and knee wraps were a given

340 bench with only a 42 inch chest? damn something must be wrong with me.

I have not posted in a while but I have to now. Are your lifts in grams or ounces?

[quote]Torque wrote:
340 bench with only a 42 inch chest? damn something must be wrong with me.[/quote]

More like, something is wrong with his spotter.

Fuck, I said I was going to stay out of this forum!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Torque wrote:
340 bench with only a 42 inch chest? damn something must be wrong with me.

More like, something is wrong with his spotter.

Fuck, I said I was going to stay out of this forum![/quote]

the first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem. clearly your a T-Nation rate my phyique forum addict. and sadly there is no cure except for destroying your keyboard

Is there some formula out there that I dont know about that calculates your max bench using your chest measurment??? If so what should my max be with a 42 inch chest if you think 340 is too much.

Just last weekend at a touch and go meet I watched a 170 pound 17 year old kid bench 475 with single ply denim,explain that one to me

[quote]ffmedic32 wrote:
Is there some formula out there that I dont know about that calculates your max bench using your chest measurment??? If so what should my max be with a 42 inch chest if you think 340 is too much.

Just last weekend at a touch and go meet I watched a 170 pound 17 year old kid bench 475 with single ply denim,explain that one to me[/quote]

Explain what? That the gear used in powerlifting has gotten out of hand and that I doubt that same kid could use near that weight on his own without a spotter and definitely not for reps?

I think I was in high school the last time my chest was 42". That’s not much of an accomplishment. Are you saying you TRAIN REGULARLY with 340lbs FOR REPS?

I usually avoid going into much detail about any weight I specifically lift, but you can bet that if I claimed it, it is what I do FOR REPS…not some weight I may have gotten once with a spotter pulling half the weight or with a bench shirt that took 20% or more of the load off of me.

29? you dont look 29…
Good luck with your goals

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Explain what? That the gear used in powerlifting has gotten out of hand and that I doubt that same kid could use near that weight on his own without a spotter and definitely not for reps?

[/quote]

It a sinlge ply denim. Youre not going to get huge numbers out of it.

[quote]

It a sinlge ply denim. Youre not going to get huge numbers out of it.[/quote]

ah, but you will get numbers won’t you?

why dont you post some vids of your lifts? even from a phone camera?

are you sure you dont mean 340lbs hammer strength lift?

Dude if you can lift 340 1RM congrats who cares what anyone says you “look like you can’t do”. If you can’t however that would suck due to the fact of everyone is trying to call it.

Keep lifting

and maybe post videos?