Last year I tested at 565ng/DL. I got another test earlier this week for more variables (total test, free test, LH, FSH, estradiol, SBHG), I will have those results whenever I see my doctor next. I realise that 565 isn’t very low, but it could be lower by now and I feel absolutely terrible. I won’t go on listing symptoms of low test that we all know, let’s just assume it’s sufficiently low for what I am about to ask.
I have a number of questions/concerns in beginning self administered TRT. It must be self administered because of the incredible amounts of regulation in my country which prevent men from getting the help they need.
- How did you come to learn so much about testosterone and TRT? Is there any book you can recommend?
- I go overseas 3 or 4 times a year for about 2 weeks at a time. Therefore I have decided to pin test-u once a week. Due to the half life I think it should be okay if I go 2 weeks or so without dosing.
- I intend to use hcg twice a week at X dosage as well as test-u. The aim here is to retain fertility and testicular size. I’ve heard conflicting ideas about if this is a good idea or not. My question is if I use hcg for life at a low enough dosage, do I run the risk that my body becomes desensitised to hcg, therefore it will no longer work and I will run the risk of infertility?
- My plan is to use testosterone and hcg for life, what dosage is considered TRT?
- I aim to use 100mg a week of test-u, some people have advised me that this is too high, while others have advised me that it is too low and I will in fact lower my test levels. Is there any truth to this?
- I am aiming to get to the higher end of the natural level, 800 to 900mg/DL. Is this sustainable throughout my whole life?
- In injecting, are there any parts of the quads or glutes to stay away from? I have been warned about hitting a nerve.
Thank you so much for anyone has time to give me some advice.