Hi all. I am turning 28 soon. I have always ate well and worked out routinely since I was 18. I have never had any chronic health issues. That all changed when I took Propecia for 6 weeks starting in August...I discontinued use late September because of insomnia and frequent urination. Nothing has improved. More after effects are showing up. Post Fin 6 week labs are below and show hypogonadism.
Leg hair, very little facial hair
-describe where you carry fat and how changed
Stomach, ass, hips and chest but never anything significant unless I let myself go diet wise. Nothing has dramatically changed yet
-health conditions, symptoms [history]
PFS, Post Finasteride Syndrome
Minor tinnitus, ear sensitivity
Minor brain fog
Minor testicular shrinkage
Minor joint ache
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever
Finasteride 1mg for 6 weeks back in September
Lorazepam 0.5mg only for 1 month for insomnia.
Anastrozole 1mg for 2 days for HPTA restart attempt
Currently taking QD
Vit D 5000 U
Green Tea Extract
Mybetriq (Mirabegron) for over active bladder
OTC sleep aid (Melatonin, Valerian, Calcium, etc)
-lab results with ranges
Eat as unprocessed as I can
Bill Starr, Rippetoe
-testes ache, ever, with a fever?
Slight ache during and post propecia
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed
Absent or weak
TSH 0.545 (0.450-4.5)
T4, Free(Direct) 1.5 (0.82-1.77)
Lipid Panel Never had abnormal values prior fin
TC 219 HIGH (100-199)
TG 84 (0-149)
HDL 78 (>39)
VLDL 17 (5-40)
LDL 124 HIGH (0-99)
Serum Test 239 LOW (348-1197)
Free Test 5.7 LOW (9.3-26.5)
LH 1.2 LOW (1.7-8.6)
FSH 3 (1.5-12.4)
3A Androstanediol-G Pending
DHEA-Sulfate 371.2 (138.5-475.2)
Cortisol 13.6 (2.3-19.4)
Prolactin 3.5 LOW (4-15.2)
Estradiol 9 (7.6-42.6)
Prostate Specific Ag 0.5 (0-4)
IFG-1 191 (98-282)
Vit D 15.2 LOW (30-100)
Insulin 5.3 (2.6-24.9)
Ferritin, Serum 371 (30-400)
Triiodothyronine, Free, Serum 1.9 LOW (2-4.4)
SHBG, Serum 40 (16.5-55.9)
Urologist prescribed Anastrozole 1mg QD for HPTA restart. I thought Clomid was the standard but did not want to challenge. Urologist probably thinks I am already crazy because he does not believe in PFS. Anastrozole triggered my tinnitus although that could have been Finasteride related. I have discontinued use after 2 days. Morning erection and general erection quality did come back 2nd day of use. However, I am wary of any pharmaceutical intake at this point.
My key concern at this point is treating my drug induced hypogonadism. Any advice would be well appreciated. I do not want to attempt any HPTA restarts. I have not found any success with them with PFS sufferers. Mentally I have accepted that my HPTA might be permanently wrecked which will require lifelong HRT. I have always planned on going on HRT later in life. Poor decisions in life have forced me to go on earlier than expected.
My current plan is to suggest the stickied TRT protocol to a doctor.
100mg test cypionate or ethanate injected per week with two or more injections per week.
250iu hCG SC EOD [every other day]
1.0mg Arimidex/anastrozole per week in divided doses. (I already have this but really do not want to take)
- I have read many positive reviews with test propionate. Any thoughts on this form of test vs cyp/eth?
- Stickied TRT protocol includes anastrazole for E2 control. Any OTC alternatives? I realize nothing OTC can compare.
- Can I make do without anastrozole until my next set of blood tests? If my E2 comes back high >30, I will reevaluate my risk/reward with anastrazole. Or will the TRT + HCG increase E2 so much that I will have no choice from the get go?
- DHT and DHT metabolites are still pending. I should find out on Saturday. If these are low as a result of finasteride damage to 5AR enzyme, any suggestions for additions to stickied TRT protocol? TRT should increase DHT levels? If only minor DHT increase after first set of labs post TRT, should there be need for inclusion of Proviron/Masteron to protocol?
- Any thoughts on thyroid levels? (Still attempting to digest thyroid sticky)
Thank you in advance.