28 y/o Low T. Doctor wants more bloodwork.

Having been to med school studying Radiotherapy, I have a little broader understanding of your blood work than a lot of these guys. Your doc should repeat the results and then send you to an endocrinologist. Results as low as these should be checked for a pituitary tumor. Don’t worry too much, just Google it and press it with your doc.

Most of these tumors are benign, and would have the end game of HRT for life after surgery or radiotherapy. I would go to the ENDO hoping it was just hypogonadism but understanding other things may be at play here.

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
To a significant degree, this subforum is populated by overweight, out of shape, unhappy middle-aged men seeking both medical absolution for their state (‘I’m fat and out of shape because I have low T’, when in fact the opposite is usually the case), and a Magic Bullet to fix it. Very few know anything about TRT other than what they’ve picked up here, resulting in a bro-science echo chamber in which discussants confirm for one another the accuracy of info they got from the same source. (And I assure you that much of what is accepted as medical fact on this subforum is pure hokum.) They dispense potentially life-threatening medical advice to individuals they’ve never met, much less examined. There is nothing “controlled and reasonable” about this process.[/quote]

He is right … I see a lot of people saying things like “your Doc is stupid, he should have …”. When in actual fact, TRT can be most scientific. There are official guidelines offered by the American Endocrinologist Association on how TRT should be administered. This paper is backed by strong research but admits there is more research required. Internet research IS NOT a substitute for long study in med school and after graduation practice. I went to med school, I am not a Dr, but I acquired knowledge from the school which will help me throughout life. After attending school I know for a fact that I do not know anywhere near as much as a practicing doc. Those who would read internet articles and profess themselves experts are fooling themselves and others. Opinions are good, science and evidence is great.

Hey guys,

I found an endo after another blood test which shower my t levels still low and my t3/t4 in range.

I was prescribed 200mg cyp bi weekly. I understand this isn’t optimal dosing, this doctor said to me he’s more worried about how I feel so he will work with me. I suggested weekly injections and he said do you really want to come in every single week? I’m going to suggest home injections upon my next visit. When I mentioned to him dosing protocol I had read up on he discredited “those kinds of sites”.

He seemed like a cool guy so well work with my bloods and see what works. Thanks for anyone who’s helped and gave input.

Sounds like a reasonably understanding doctor. Give his protocol a shot and be sure that he is good about frequent bloodwork. As long as you’re getting labs drawn at your trough it shouldn’t take long for him to realize that injecting every 2 weeks isn’t the best approach. Some doctors are kinda learning as they go.

Once your labs show that your trough levels are no good I imagine that he will understand that 100mg/wk is worth a shot.

And if he eventually allows home injections, even better.

Update:

Almost 4 weeks in. By the end of the second week I am more moody and irritable. I explained this to the doctor who wasn’t concerned. When I see him this Friday I’m going to push for home injections .

My T levels after 2 weeks were 358, barely above the low end. We drew blood again and it’s showing 288 (taken 2 weeks after shot). Hopefully with this info were able to do weekly injections as 200 bi weekly is so up and down.

Also:

For a week and a half after the shot I feel great. My energy is up, my mood is up and I’m having a normal sexual relationship with my girlfriend. It’s been great!