28 Y/O Female, Glutes and Legs are My Main Goal

I’m 28 years old and have been lifting moderate to heavy weights for a few years now. Since girls with a booty are very in vogue right now I’ve training my legs and glutes especially hard. Eating 1,700-2,100 calories a day.

15 Likes

Looking Good. Keep working hard

I should post a picture like this - just got to find my speedo from my teenager years. Might be a little small but you can never show too much skin. 8/10

Thanks for the positive responses so far. I sort of don’t like the little indent on the side of my cheek as it goes from my hips to my thigh but I’ve noticed it’s actually gotten more pronounced the more muscle I gain on my glutes. Any ideas on how to fix that?

I would have to take a closer look young lady :joy:

No all kidding aside, try the ankle strap. Do the standing cable leg raise out to the side too see if that hits that area. Mix it up on the exercises so you don’t get bored and you get variations on angles and muscle recruitment.

It’s not a huge deal. It maybe just the way you were made. :slight_smile:

Currently studying physiotherapy, from what i can tell, that those indents are lack of mass in gluteus medius/minimus. Not that its underveloped, its just that you have trained your ass off(pun intended) mainly hitting gluteus maximus. Gluteus medius/minimus is trained by internal/external rotation of the leg (femur) and also abduction. Search exercises which involves these movements, good luck!

You look great but the only way to correct the problem you’re referencing is losing slightly more fat.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I figured. I don’t really want to do that because I think they would lose their shape that way. Wouldn’t be round anymore

1 Like

Just take it one step at a time. Everyone’s bodies are works in progress. I worked up to 230 lbs and stayed there for a few years and just recently have dieted back down to 200 and everyone is asking me how I put on so much muscle not realizing I was carrying/building the muscle all along but losing some fat made it more visible.

You may be surprised that you don’t lose any roundness but gain it. Your butt may lose a little size, but the shape would likely improve.

If you’re set on getting it bigger and rounder I’d suggest hitting your glutes from all angles: squats, deadlifts, stiff legged deadlifts, hip thrusts, cable pull throughs, lunges, drag sled etc. You need to make sure you put your glutes under tension while extended (deadlifts & squats) and also in flexion (hip thrusts, cable pull throughs).

Nice work so far though. You look better than 90% of women right now.

i can’t imagine why you would actually want to change your ass at all. Just sayin.

4 Likes

Your booty is spectacular! What are you doing?

Here’s how you fix it: don’t compare yourself to fitness and Instagram models because a lot of them photoshop their stuff. We are lied to daily by these supposedly natural models and it skews our perception of reality.

Your booty looks pretty spectacular from that angle. That being said, if you want to change it then go for it–just make sure it’s your decision and no one else’s.

You look great :+1:, those dents are very normal like others have said. You are also rather tall (taller than me lol) so just pack on more muscle THERE over time, and if you want you could probably shave off some fat right at the top of your undies to get an even slope type of look that you’re after.

We have a professional physique contestant who trains at gym, is short but trains glutes hard .
She does a lot of giant sets and hundreds of step ups per workout, nothing wrong with your booty have you made progress.

Glute medius needs attention(do more one-legged glute exercises/ bridges, etc.), here are some links I found useful:

looks great as is though so don’t stress

2 Likes

I love Jeff Nippard!!!