28, Just Put on TRT

I have lurked her for a while as I was always curious I might have low test levels. Finally told myself it was time to get some blood work done and really see if that was an issue or if it was all mental and a crappy diet / workout regimen.

I got the lab results back, and my test count was 270, so the Dr put me on TRT. I do the following but from what I have been reading I have some questions.

250mg Test Cyp - 1x every 6 days
.5mg Anastrozole - ED
250iu HCG - ED - This is an under the tongue liquid not an injection.

From what I have read on here, people recommend the Anastrozole and HCG EOD, should I switch those from my current schedule? This is what the Dr put me on so I am just going with the motion so far and looking for optimal results. I am only 28 and I have no kids but I do plan on having kids int he future, so fertility is an issue for me.

Are you self injecting? If so, then pin 125 mg/twice a week. You only need 1 mg Anastrozole/100 mg of Test, so you only need 4 tablets a week. You are taking 3.5 mg/week of Anastrozole.

Thanks for the reply,

I am self injecting, just did my 4th injection yesterday actually. I just read the sticky yesterday for new posters, so I will be posting my labs and all that information soon, just have to find where I put the printed paperwork.

I have noticed some slight mood improvements which is the main thing I wanted. Before I was just feeling mentally drained and exhausted all the time. Hopefully I can get this regimen dialed down to run this as smooth as possible.

Starting TRT at 250mg T cyp per 6 days is insane. [292mg/week]

Your anastrozole needs will be closer to 3mg/week and you are taking 3.5mg/week. If you are a normal responder your E2 can be too low. If an over-responder E2 will be near zero. You should try to get near E2=22pg/ml.

hCG is not bio-available sublingual or nasally. You will be negative on a home pregnancy urine test kit. It is expected that your testes will shrink and fertility then at risk. But rarely, shrinkage does not occur. hCG sublingual or nasally is fraud/scam.

Inject T twice a week, inject SC/SQ over upper leg and take anastrozole at that time. EOD routine is also good. I suggest that as injected hCG eod is suggested because of its half-life.

You did not post pre-TRT lab work. LH/FSH should have been tested and at your age, low-T is a symptom, not the disease and an effort should be made to find the cause. In some cases, prolactin is elevated or high pointing to a pituitary adinoma that needs treatment as it could otherwise impinge on the optic nerves.

Please post pre-TRT labs with ranges, all labs, not just hormones.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman,

Thanks for the reply, I honestly do not think I have seen a forum with someone as knowledgeable and willing to to advise than here.

Also I was wrong regarding dosage. It is only 200mg a week.

Here are my pre-TRT lab results:

FT4 = 1.61 (0.93-1.70)
Estradiol = <5 (35-37)
TSH = 1.37 (0.27-4.20)
Free T3 = 2.81 (2.40-4.40)
Test = 270 (350-1200)
Test Free Index = 64.8 (150.0-350.0)

Now, so I am paying for “under the tongue HCG” and your saying this is a complete scam? THe Dr. I go to has a compounding pharmacy where he makes a lot of the drugs he prescribes. The Test I am on is not his becuase my insurance will not cover his brand I guess, but I am on his HCG(or lack thereof) and Anastrozole.

Seeing how extremely low my Estradial levels are any recommendations there?

A study in India a few years ago evaluated intranasal hCG and no hCG could be detected in blood or urine samples. hCG peptides are huge molecules and do not seem to move through dermal layers. Find out for your self. An effective hCG delivery will be positive on an home pregnancy test. Your wife/GF will be amused for sure!

If you are paying for hCG, inject it, 250iu SC/SQ EOD. When injecting T, sublingual hCG to avoid needles is absolutely inappropriate. Insane!

Most doctors do a poor job of TRT and have limited understanding or misconceptions and ungrounded beliefs.

fT3 is significantly below mid-range and your [requested] oral body temperatures may be low. fT4 however is oddly above mid-range. [Do not to thyroid labs right after doctor palpates your thyroid.]

E2=undectable suggests that FT was very low.
We do not know if problem is testes or pituitary as LH/FSH was not tested!
FT direct and absolute is better to have than indexes.

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
prolactin one time if <35
PSA after 6 months if >40 and should have pre-TRT baseline
CBC
hematocrit

Inject T SC/SQ #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes twice a week
0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections, may easily need more to get near E2=22pg/ml
250iu hCG SC/SQ EOD, above but different syringe or #31 5/16" 0.3-0.5ml

Always do labs halfway between injections. Timing will change results.