T Nation

275 x 30 ATG Squats - Took Me Forever, But I Eventually Made it

Good shit man! This kinda stuff gets me fired up, from an 09’er no less!

thanks man, i dont know what an 09’er has to do with anything.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
How is it called 275x30 when you stop and rest? btw- cool nonetheless, I’d be buried long before reaching 15[/quote]

That is a good lift, lifts etc. I’ve often wondered what is considered an acceptable break between reps on these tests. Obviously your not going to pump up and down like you would with 50% of your max, but can you really stop for that long and consider it one set? Who can say really.

Nice work man…so far my high rep squatting endeavors are as follows: 300x20, 265x30, 135x70.

Isn’t there something gratifying about high rep squats? It’s almost a transcendent experience.

[quote]FightorFlight wrote:
thanks man, i dont know what an 09’er has to do with anything.[/quote]

They’ve been like 90% trolls and retards.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
FightorFlight wrote:

They’ve been like 90% trolls and retards.[/quote]
Lol, you guys group us into “classes?” Hilarious…

Fuckin 09ers.

Anyways, nice squats man. I just did a 250x20 the other day, and I thought that was brutal haha. Damn intense workout!

Do you do this after heavy sets, or is this the only set you do? Just wondering what your squat workout consists of.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
FightorFlight wrote:

They’ve been like 90% trolls and retards.[/quote]

Thing is though that trolls are often existing members that just want to mess around a bit and create a new user to post retarded shit. New accounts are automatically 09’ers, so a lot of those trolls and retards might actually be old members rather than new ones. Looking at it that way, it’s not us new folks ruining it for the old ones, it’s old folks ruining it for the new members… :slight_smile:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
How is it called 275x30 when you stop and rest? btw- cool nonetheless, I’d be buried long before reaching 15[/quote]

Never heard of breathing squats? Widowmaker quad sets? He never racks the weight, this is highly more effective than using a pussy ass weight you could literally get for 30 strait without ever pausing for extra breaths. And its pretty common.

props dude

[quote]josh86 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
How is it called 275x30 when you stop and rest? btw- cool nonetheless, I’d be buried long before reaching 15

Never heard of breathing squats? Widowmaker quad sets? He never racks the weight, this is highly more effective than using a pussy ass weight you could literally get for 30 strait without ever pausing for extra breaths. And its pretty common.[/quote]

amen to that josh. having your body literally collapse/qiut before your mind does is very invigorating once it’s all over. if you don’t have a love/hate relationship on leg day. You’re not doing it right.