275 Front Squat Form Check

hip flexors started hurting when i back squat*

[quote]RomanianRock wrote:
hip flexors started hurting when i back squat*
[/quote]
How wide was your stance?

just outside shoulder width. prob should try closer?

just outside shoulder width. prob should try closer?
[/quote]
You talking about for regular squats right?

yea low bar back squats

ive been told the pain could be from my stance being too wide

yea low bar back squats[/quote]
Play around with your toe angle. It matters a lot.

well the pain started getting bad at the 12th week of the texas method where my 5rm went from 305 to 355. i was thinking maybe my muscle got strong too fast for my connective tissue? idk sounds weird but ive read of this happening before.
and to make things worse i pulled my hamstring on that 12 week which is about 80-90% healed by now and feels fine when i front squat but hurts near my glute when i do heavy dls

well the pain started getting bad at the 12th week of the texas method where my 5rm went from 305 to 355. i was thinking maybe my muscle got strong too fast for my connective tissue? idk sounds weird but ive read of this happening before.
and to make things worse i pulled my hamstring on that 12 week which is about 80-90% healed by now and feels fine when i front squat but hurts near my glute when i do heavy dls [/quote]
Muscle strengthening faster than connective tissue happens pretty often. It’s happened to me before and still is. Sounds like a pretty bad pull. I pulled my groin at my meet and it was completely fine within a week. You should be fine when you start back squats again. They’d likely feel pretty awkward at first though.

yea. how do u strengthen connective tissue in that area beside leg raises and excersises like that

yea. how do u strengthen connective tissue in that area beside leg raises and excersises like that[/quote]
All tissues grow from the same stimulus: stress. It simply occurs at different rates. Increasing circulation to the area helps a lot.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

yea. how do u strengthen connective tissue in that area beside leg raises and excersises like that[/quote]
All tissues grow from the same stimulus: stress. It simply occurs at different rates. Increasing circulation to the area helps a lot.[/quote]

And just plain old time. You can’t do too much to speed up that process that I’m aware of, aside from adequate nutrition. That being part of why it’s easier to hurt yourself when dieting down, lack of nutrients.

@ Ros1816, why the heck would you call a guy “skinny” when he’s lighter than you and the same strength on the lift being discussed? You’re just calling yourself skinny-fat if you think about it. Food for thought.

@treetrucks: thanks man saw ur 425 for 5. crazy shit how often do u squat?[/quote]

Once a week. 3 working sets, 4-6 reps. Extremely hard sets. I do alotta running/jumping for track so that might be why i do not need too much frequency, but honestly i think that low volume, high intensity is how you get a big squat. Sometimes i do a dynamic leg day with jump squats, power cleans and other explosive leg lifts, but i found that those help for track but do very little for powerlifting, i actually think even having just 1 heavy day and just 1 dynamic day is too much. Then again it might be different if you just lift, but I strongly say just 1 hard day a week thats it, hell I am usually sore for 5 days after squatting and deadlifting.

guess i held back alot on 275. i just got 315 for 5 today

and whomever squats 300 at BW of 300 has no room to even punch the keyboard

haha!

Maybe its because I dont really train or somethign that i front squat 300 at 300lbs bw.

dont u dl a good amount though?

dont u dl a good amount though?[/quote]
LOL

no?

no?[/quote]
I was playing on the ironic mix of your post following his avi