275 Front Squat Form Check

form check

not working

looks fine

Nice job! Good depth and rep speed. That’s my one rep max :frowning:

Looks absolutely terrible to me. You are supposed to squat from the floor, not standing on the wall. Think about it, gravity is pulling the weight down, so you want to push up on the weight. You are just moving it from side to side, never gonna get big like that.

LOLOL…ill try on the floor next time.

its only my 5th week front squatting im hoping to get 315 soon

You’re already on 315 lbs

It’s also distasteful that you’d post a request for validation under the guise of a form check

You are welcome to my validation.

I front squat 300 at a bodyweight of 300. Only been strength training for 3 years (yes years) tho.

You look a bit skinny

[quote]ros1816 wrote:
It’s also distasteful that you’d post a request for validation under the guise of a form check
[/quote]
LOL it’s not the first time. Just be honest pebbleboy.

[quote]ros1816 wrote:
It’s also distasteful that you’d post a request for validation under the guise of a form check.[/quote]

Well put!

i just started front squatting ive neverhad anyone really check my form i was actually being serious.
one thing im not that sure of is if my foot placement is too wide or toes pointed too far or if my knees trek to far foward.
and what do u mean by skinny?

Are people on this website always such pricks? The dude posted a form check vid, great weight, form is great, and he looks like a well built athlete. Yet people find some bullshit to whine about on every forum goddamn

They look fine, and there’s nothing wrong with your knees moving far forward, as long as your heels stay on the ground and you aren’t rounding your lower back. You should be good for 315 for 1-2 reps right now I reckon.

My comment was a mixture of criticism, validation, jealousy, self-abasement and rebuke. Not simple whining.

OP, by skinny I mean you don’t look like you weigh as much as me but you front squat the same or more

[quote]@JC_Tree_Trunks wrote:
Are people on this website always such pricks? The dude posted a form check vid, great weight, form is great, and he looks like a well built athlete. Yet people find some bullshit to whine about on every forum goddamn[/quote]

Exactly! Obviously he’s going to go heavy if he wants his form checked, but some accuse him of showing off how much weight he can do. Anyone can have good form with a light weight.

Anyone who doesn’t look like shit now a days is “skinny”

[quote]ros1816 wrote:
My comment was a mixture of criticism, validation, jealousy, self-abasement and rebuke. Not simple whining.

OP, by skinny I mean you don’t look like you weigh as much as me but you front squat the same or more[/quote]

Your comment made you look like a bitchy, whiny tool. Whether that’s really what you’re like, who knows, but that’s what it looks like to anyone reading this thread.

OP, I think your knee travel is well within what it should be. Your feet are probably fine, you’re obviously aware that your toes are pointing out more than most peoples do, but based on the way your form looks in its entirety, doesn’t seem to be any sort of issue. Depth is great. You lost a little bit of back tightness in your next to last rep, but the last rep looked better, so my guess is that’s a concentration issue. Keep it up!

@treetrucks: thanks man saw ur 425 for 5. crazy shit how often do u squat?

@ros: yea i try to stay in between 185-190 lbs and gain as much strength as i can.

Rock, do you also do back squats?

i did but recently my hip flexors started hurting. front squats feel fine so 5 weeks ago i switched over to front squats 2x a week 5x5 and #s have been going up smoothly.
hopefully itll have a decent carryover to my back squat once i switch back. not sure how long ill stick to fronts