T Nation

270kg Jerk!

Holy shit… that looked like a empty bar… is that you? Fucking insane.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Holy shit… that looked like a empty bar… is that you? Fucking insane.[/quote]
Lol if that was him he would not be posting here.

That’s Artem Udachyn (spelling?), from Ukraine. Past his prime but obviously still a beast!

[quote]Reed wrote:
Holy shit… that looked like a empty bar… is that you? Fucking insane.[/quote]

ya brah! that’s me alright. We love to throw around world record weights while listening to eastern European house music and speaking Ukrainian up here in Alberta Canada.

Hey go easy on me lol

  1. I don’t know anything about any one in Olymipic Lifting.
  2. It didn’t have any sound when I saw it.
  3. I know less about Canada than Oly Lifting so I couldn’t tell you what you guys listen too.

what I liked is how no-one really takes any notice …

oh … another 270kg jerk (shrugs shoulders)

[quote]Terry Gibbs wrote:
what I liked is how no-one really takes any notice …

oh … another 270kg jerk (shrugs shoulders)

[/quote]
but can he clean it… probably not. Well, maybe now he can, but come Worlds…

[quote]Reed wrote:
Hey go easy on me lol

  1. I don’t know anything about any one in Olymipic Lifting.
  2. It didn’t have any sound when I saw it.
  3. I know less about Canada than Oly Lifting so I couldn’t tell you what you guys listen too.[/quote]

haha, fair enough! Just having some fun with you.

Its cool man. Just a random compliment though You oly guys are legit. Doing some insane lifts with some even more insane routines. I wish there was a good coach around here that wasnt $100+ a week to learn from. How do they ever expect us poor people to be champions lol.

Congrats on the PB Tork. You should be ready for Canadian nationals soon.

[quote]GqArtguy wrote:
Congrats on the PB Tork. You should be ready for Canadian nationals soon.[/quote]

lmao.

I actually just power cleaned for the first time in over 9 months. when up to just 10kg under my all time best when i was 5kg heavier!

Is there Powerlifting/Oly lifting coach in the Dallas/Ft Worth area?

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Terry Gibbs wrote:
what I liked is how no-one really takes any notice …

oh … another 270kg jerk (shrugs shoulders)

[/quote]
but can he clean it… probably not. Well, maybe now he can, but come Worlds…[/quote]

That would be a 4kg improvement over the all time record.

I think that Botev jerked 270 in training too, but couldn’t clean it.

The jerks seems to be something that you either have or don’t… most people are a tad stronger in the clean and fail on the jerk.

[quote]djrobins wrote:
Is there Powerlifting/Oly lifting coach in the Dallas/Ft Worth area?[/quote]

There are a couple pretty good coaches in the DFW area. First, check out Spoon Barbell in Richardson, Richard Flemming is the coach. He’s coached Chad Vaughn, past Olympian. Also, try black box in Fort Worth, don’t remember the name of the coach.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Terry Gibbs wrote:
what I liked is how no-one really takes any notice …

oh … another 270kg jerk (shrugs shoulders)

[/quote]
but can he clean it… probably not. Well, maybe now he can, but come Worlds…[/quote]

That would be a 4kg improvement over the all time record.

I think that Botev jerked 270 in training too, but couldn’t clean it.

The jerks seems to be something that you either have or don’t… most people are a tad stronger in the clean and fail on the jerk.[/quote]

i dunno CT, seems like when i was in this game a while back, we heard lots of stories about monstrous EU jerks from the rack, the big issue was not the ability to clean it, but to jerk it AFTER the energy expended from the clean.

what do you think?

my former coach said he once say Alexiev jerk 280 from the rack in 1978.

I think its fairly believable concidering he did 258 in international competition and udachins best is around 250

This video just made me think about how this guy could probably throw a 190lb body (like mine) 10ft straight into the air

and when you land you break bones.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Terry Gibbs wrote:
what I liked is how no-one really takes any notice …

oh … another 270kg jerk (shrugs shoulders)

[/quote]
but can he clean it… probably not. Well, maybe now he can, but come Worlds…[/quote]

That would be a 4kg improvement over the all time record.

I think that Botev jerked 270 in training too, but couldn’t clean it.

The jerks seems to be something that you either have or don’t… most people are a tad stronger in the clean and fail on the jerk.[/quote]

I think I read in an old IronMind about Ashot Danielyan jerking 280kg. in preps for the 2000 Olympics, and then theres the ever popular 300kg. jerk Zacharievitch did back in the day, witnessed and shared with us Americans by none other than Nicu Vlad himself. These are the only 600lb. or greater lifts overhead that I know of, but I’m sure there are more…

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Terry Gibbs wrote:
what I liked is how no-one really takes any notice …

oh … another 270kg jerk (shrugs shoulders)

[/quote]
but can he clean it… probably not. Well, maybe now he can, but come Worlds…[/quote]

That would be a 4kg improvement over the all time record.

I think that Botev jerked 270 in training too, but couldn’t clean it.

The jerks seems to be something that you either have or don’t… most people are a tad stronger in the clean and fail on the jerk.[/quote]

I think I read in an old IronMind about Ashot Danielyan jerking 280kg. in preps for the 2000 Olympics, and then theres the ever popular 300kg. jerk Zacharievitch did back in the day, witnessed and shared with us Americans by none other than Nicu Vlad himself. These are the only 600lb. or greater lifts overhead that I know of, but I’m sure there are more…

My second thought was:

How much can that belt actually be doing? Is fastened below how belly like that.

My first was “holy shit”