27 y/o with Low Testosterone. New Bloodwork

Got it. So I will pin ED? Or should I start out EOD?

So my TSH is higher then my baseline. It usually sits around 1. Now it is around 2. Unfortunately, I did not get my Reverse T3 levels done. Maybe I can get them done in the next week or so.

I am definitely craving shitty food right now. It sucks. Bad when my levels were in the 700s, I hardly craved junk and I was super disciplined about my diet.

My diet is not too bad right now. I mostly eat chicken and rice, protein shakes, toast and butter, 1-2 nutri grain bars, and a bowl of cereal (I added this recently because it sweet. I could definitely do without it).

Do you think I need T4 or metformin too? Usually when my testosterone levels get back above 700+ and stay there, my metabolism revs back up again and I start dropping pounds too.

Anyway, I have an appointment with Defy Medical next week. Hopefully, I can hop on HRT asap because my body (especially my cardiovascular system) is definitely compromised right now.

Any other thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

It depends on how long to you want to be playing around with dosing v.s getting back to normal life. If you want to increase your chances of success, do a daily protocol, if you want to decrease your chance of success, inject EOD and if you want to decrease your chances even more, inject twice weekly.

I experience no peaks and troughs on daily injections, EOD during the first 6 weeks had good days and bad days whereas daily was good everyday.

Okay Thanks man. I appreciate your feedback and information!

I think I will take your advice on the ED protocol.

From my experience, my cholesterol always greatly improved once my test levels got back above 700+. I read in the stickies that is due to poor metabolism related to low testosterone levels or damaged thyroid.

I read a few others on this forum who have experienced the same thing. Have you seen this before too?

I think I will still have some work to do with my cholesterol once my T levels get optimized. My diet is not horrible but could be much better.

Thanks,

Do yourself a favor, use 29 gauge insulin syringes and inject in the shoulder and quads rotating sites or else injecting daily will become old real fast! Testosterone sets your metabolic rates and the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn.

TRT can sometime expose other weak systems such as thyroid if already sluggish, TRT will take it to a whole new level of dysfunction. TRT will demand more from your thyroid and sometimes can improve thyroid levels by restoring metabolic rates and dietary changes.

Eating lots of processed foods can damage thyroid over time, because you are getting less nutrient rich food.

Got it. That makes sense. I have a pretty large amount of muscle mass on my frame. My thyroid was pretty good up until my testosterone started getting out of whack.

Time will tell. I will see how my Thyroid reacts to TRT and go from there.

Thanks for your help man. If you got any other words of wisdom, please let me know.

Anybody else, feel free to chime in as well.

Okay. So I had my appointment with Defy Medical and they put me on this TRT Protocal. This is what the doctor recommended. You can refer to my lab work earlier in the chain. I am curious for your thoughts.

1) Testosterone Cypionate: 150 mg/week. 50 mg on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
2) HCG: 1050 UIs/week. 350 UI on Monday, Wed, and Fri
3) Arimidex : 0.125 mg on Monday, Wednesday, and Fri
4) Along with DHEA, Iodine, and Selenium supplementation.

I think the Testosterone and HCG dosages are a bit high. I asked the Doctor why the dosage was that high. He said my Test levels were at rock bottom and this what he would prescribe to someone who has these lab test results.

I am not saying I know more than the doctor. I just do not want to start with too much too soon.

Do you guys think should start with 100 mg/week of Test and 500 UIs/week of HCG? Then work my way up?

Also, due to my SBGH being low. Should I be pinning ED or only 3 times per week like the doctor suggested?

I am pulling those dosages out of the thin air. Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in advance.