27 Y/O Lab Results KSman

Age - 27
Height - 6’0"
weight 216
Body hair - Shave every day, thick hair, body hair grows quickly. Currently have Male pattern Baldness haven’t lost it all yet but started 9 years ago.
Fat - I am unsure of my bodyfat % at the moment I would estimate 15-18% at the moment, I have currently been putting on weight to add strength

Health Conditions: none currently, Past GERD, used nexium for 6 years, knocked out Gluten and problem went away and haven’t taken prescriptions in 3-4 years.

Labs:
Testosterone, Total 391.37 300-890 ng/dl
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 30 13-71 nmol/L
Testosterone Free 83.8 47.0-244.0 pg/mL
Testosterone Free, % 2.1 1.6-2.9
FSH - 2.6 1.4-18.1 mIU/mL
LH - 5.3 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL
Prolactin - 8.5 2.1 - 17.1 ng/mL
Estradiol 26.6 0.0 - 39.0 pg/mL

Thyroid Antibodies
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO)AB <10.0 <35.0 (normal)
Thyroglobulin Antibody <20.0 <40 (normal)
TSH 1.861 0.350-4.50 ulU/ml
Free T4 1.30 0.80-1.80 ng/dL

Vitamin B12 668 211-911 pg/mL
Vitamin D (25-Hydroxy) 59 30-89 ng/mL

Total Cholesterol 169 mg/dL
LDL-C 116 mg/dL
HDL-C 42 mg/dL
Triglycerides 75 mg/dL

CBC
WBC 6.7 4.0-10.5 K/uL
RBC 5.37 4.22-5.81 MIL/uL
Hemoglobin 16.2 13.0-17.0 g/dL
Hematocrit 47.1 39.0-52.0

Liver
Bilirubin 0.7 0.3-1.2
AST 29 0-37
ALT 31 0 - 53
Total Protein 6.9 6.0 - 8.3

CRP 3.3 mg/L >2.9 is considered high

BP 124/70
PR - 50
Temp 97.4

If someone could weigh in on what their thoughts are it would be much appreciated!

KSman if you could give me some feedback on what you think I would definitely appreciate it

KSman has a thread where you can put a link to this and request he look at it. Give that a shot. I’m interested in this since Im 28 and have similar t levels as you.

Your labs would not indicate clinical hypothyroidism. Your Vit-D looks good. Your cholesterol looks good. Liver enzymes are fine. You do appear to have some degree of secondary hypogonadism.

Get full thyroid panel and assess adrenal function. You can find all the labs you need in the blood testing sticky at the top of the forum page. Also, read through “things that damage your hormones” and “advice for new guys sticky” when you get a chance. A lot of good info there.

Post more info and labs in accordance with the advice for new guys sticky. You can edit your post at the bottom right.

Your have some estrogen dominance which is making your situation worse, but is not a primary cause of your secondary hypogonadism. Your FSH is more of an indicator of what is happening. Prolactin is not the cause.

Have you been exposed to chemicals/fumes etc?
When did problem start?
Any blows to the head [whiplash] before problems seems to start?
Are you applying anything to your skin?

Check body temperatures as per thyroid basics sticky.
Describe stress levels, stress events such as job loss, loss of loved one, chronic or massive infections, surgeries etc. Looking for rT3 issues.

CRP is indicating that you have an inflammatory condition at the time of the labs. Gum inflammation, digestive problems … Test again and see if condition persists. You can test homocysteine and hopefully that is low and the inflammation is not in your arteries.

“nexium for 6 years” expected that you could have had multiple vitamin and mineral deficiencies as a result of low stomach acid.

Leg cramps from magnesium deficiency?
http://www.fda.gov/drugs/drugsafety/ucm245011.htm

[quote]KSman wrote:
Your have some estrogen dominance which is making your situation worse, but is not a primary cause of your secondary hypogonadism. Your FSH is more of an indicator of what is happening. Prolactin is not the cause.

Have you been exposed to chemicals/fumes etc?
When did problem start?
Any blows to the head [whiplash] before problems seems to start?
Are you applying anything to your skin?

Check body temperatures as per thyroid basics sticky.
Describe stress levels, stress events such as job loss, loss of loved one, chronic or massive infections, surgeries etc. Looking for rT3 issues.

CRP is indicating that you have an inflammatory condition at the time of the labs. Gum inflammation, digestive problems … Test again and see if condition persists. You can test homocysteine and hopefully that is low and the inflammation is not in your arteries.

“nexium for 6 years” expected that you could have had multiple vitamin and mineral deficiencies as a result of low stomach acid.

Leg cramps from magnesium deficiency?
http://www.fda.gov/drugs/drugsafety/ucm245011.htm

[/quote]

I will make sure to take my temperature the next couple of mornings and get the results.

Chemicals: I haven’t been exposed to any that I currently can think of
Problems: Problems started noticeably the past 2 years or so. I have noticed it is harder to get up in the morning, brain fog is common, and I have to consume coffee immediately to get myself going. It usually takes me a while to wake up and get moving in the morning.
Blows to the head: None recently, I was in a serious Car accident when I was 8 and had a broken jaw, but no concussion at that time.
Skin: The only thing I apply to my skin is burts bees, face moisturizer and deodorant, Other than that I don’t use any topicals.

Stress levels: Moderate. I’m typically not overstressed during the day, but do maintain a moderately constant level of stress. No job loss, lost loved ones or serious events recently.

CRP I should re-verify was high sensitivity CRP which is indicative of cardiovascular risk. It is still below 10 which above 10 = acute or chornic inflammation.

Homocysteine: 7 umol/L range <11 is optimal

What specifically does the FSH indiciate?

I have wondered over the past year if I have adrenal fatigue and would not be surprised if that was the case.

Would HRT be beneficial in my case? I imagine fixing the cause would be the best option. I purchased Dr. Wilsons Adrenal fatigue book and am half way through it at this point. Regarding other methods to fix this, would anything to lower estrogen be warranted? Or would increasing FSH and LH help as well?

What is your sleep like?

Sleep is ok. I tend to wake up multiple times to use the bathroom. Occasionally I will wake up at 4am and be wide awake for an hour, and then fall back asleep and feel exhausted afterwards. I have been pretty foggy in the mornings recently. It takes me a while to get up and get moving. Coffee is almost necessary on a daily basis.

Please do not miss things like this: "Check body temperatures as per thyroid basics sticky. "

That should have led into discussions of thyroid and iodine. You state that you have dry skin on your face. That may be indicating a thyroid problem.

Getting up to pee during the night: This indicates a prostate problem or diabetes.

FSH is a better indicator of LH status than LH itself as LH levels change so fast. So you have secondary hypogonadism. You are too young to start TRT. Should be looking for causes and low T is a symptom. What else is going on? CRP is up, do another lab to see if that is persistent. If so, find the cause. Energy is low. Might be low cortisol. Do AM cortisol and have lab done at 8AM ← important. Low cortisol can explain slow start in the AM. Low DHEA-S would also be a adrenal symptom.

In any case, you should attempt a HPTA restart before starting HRT/TRT.

Do not have T tunnel vision, look for causes not a fix to cover up symptoms.