T Nation

265LBS Pair of Dumbbells

Anyone interested in a pair of properly made dumbbells? These are 265 pounds a piece for a total of 530 pounds.

wtf. lol, 265lbs db’s.

Besides farmers walks or MAYBE circus dumbells, what in the name of god would you use those for?

[quote]louiek wrote:
Besides farmers walks or MAYBE circus dumbells, what in the name of god would you use those for?[/quote]

Lateral raises. Maybe some light curls and tricep kickbacks.

1 Like

[quote]csulli wrote:

Lateral raises. Maybe some light curls and tricep kickbacks.[/quote]

They would also be good for some high rep Incline DB Press, like 20-25 reps or maybe DB snatches for time. :wink:

I hear crossfitters use them for bicep curls while standing on a bosu ball !

I literally guffawed at this. I am a soldier living in a tent with 49 other guys in a very shitty part of the world, and they are all wondering why I cannot stop sniggering at an online forum.

[quote]Ares013 wrote:

I literally guffawed at this. I am a soldier living in a tent with 49 other guys in a very shitty part of the world, and they are all wondering why I cannot stop sniggering at an online forum. [/quote]

Thanks for your service man. Hope you’re able to find some more stuff to lighten the mood while you’re over there.

maybe ask matt kroc?

1 Like

I’m going to have to re-think my pink dumbbell jokes…

you could drop them from 50ft and destroy a tank

I think perhaps some of the strongest bench-pressers could force a couple reps out … assuming they had some assistance getting into position. Possibly DB rows, farmer’s walks, and DB deadlifts. Past that, who knows.

How much do they cost/where did you get them from?

hah, some of the replies were classic.
but seriously, 100kg+ dumb bells are for a niche market at best. . .

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
I think perhaps some of the strongest bench-pressers could force a couple reps out … assuming they had some assistance getting into position. Possibly DB rows, farmer’s walks, and DB deadlifts. Past that, who knows.[/quote]

Yeah, Lewhitehurst would probably rep them out 6-15 times, depending on how much he ate for breakfast that day.

As was stated…Kroc rows are the only practical thing I can think of…and you still have to be a complete monster

glad to amuse some of you but they are for real
started with an old dragline pin that holds the
table on the tracks. super dense high carbon steel
brought them to my shop and cut them to size drilled a 1’’ hole
1’’ deep and seal welded the 17-4 sst handles and there you have it

welll… at least you can leave one somewhere for a few days and it’s safe :slight_smile:

If I could carry them, and that’s a big if, I would think it would be funny to leave them in the gym and perch myself in a good position to watch people try and lift them.

Heavy Kroc rows seem to be “in” at the moment, I found 150kg dumbbells here too

www.gymequipment.uk.com/store/item/3409i/Dumbbells/150kg_Dumbbells.html

Pricey though!