I hope this thread may develop into something of value for the members of this forum.
I will soon have a follow up meeting with a Private Andrologist to decide whether I will move forward with Clomid or HCG Treatment.
I would greatly appreciate any member feedback to help make my decision, particularly as my first Consultation raised a couple of concerns, so I feel that I could need additional advice from those who have already walked the path.
Age - 26
Weight - 67kg
Height - 5 foot 10
Bodyfat - approx 15%
Body & Facial Hair:
- Modest amount on arms, legs & chest
- No back hair
- Thick head of hair
- Ability to grow a (somewhat whispy) beard
- Dyspesia // Gastritis on and off since 2010. Most severe symptoms abated since cutting alcohol and improving diet & supplementation
- No alcohol since 2012
- No smoking since adolescence
- No recreational drugs
- No junk or processed foods consumed for a number of years
- No Gluten, Dairy and Soy since 2016
- Consume a balanced diet of wholefoods, organic where possible. A typical meal would be: Fish / Meat, Green vegetables, Starchy vegetables and Fruit
- Experimented with Intermittent Fasting since 2016
Vitamin B12 (minor)
1 tsp Collagen
1-2 caps Turmeric
1-2x Probiotics capsules
2x Enzymes capsules
Vitamin D3 & K2
1 cap Fish Oil
- Testosterone - 11.5 nmol/L [7.6 - 31.4]
- Free Testosterone - *0.184 nmol/L [0.3 - 1.0]
- SHBG - 46 nmol/L [16 - 55]
- Oestradiol - 50 pmol/L [0 - 191]
FSH - 4.2 IU/L [1.5 - 12.4]
LH - 5.5 IU/L [1.7 - 8.6]
Prolactin - 151 mIU/L [86 - 324]
DHEA-S - 6.9 umol/L [0.44 - 13.4]
TSH 0.838 mIU/L [0.27 - 4.20]
FREE THYROXINE 14.3 pmol/L [12.00 - 22.00]
TOTAL THYROXINE(T4) 82.5nmol/ [59.00 - 154.00]
FREE T3 3.54 pmol/L [3.10 - 6.80]
THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY 14.100 IU/mL [0.00 - 115.00]
THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODIES 9.65 IU/mL [0.00 - 34.00]
HAEMOGLOBIN (g/L) 141 g/L 130 - 170
HCT 0.419 0.37 - 0.50
RED CELL COUNT 4.68 x10^12/L 4.40 - 5.80
MCV 89.5 fL 80 - 99
MCH 30.1 pg 26.0 - 33.5
MCHC (g/L) 337 g/L 300 - 350
RDW 12.6 11.5 - 15.0
PLATELET COUNT 272 x10^9/L 150 - 400
MPV 9.9 fL 7 - 13
WHITE CELL COUNT 5.94 x10^9/L 3.0 - 10.0
Neutrophils 63.8% 3.79 x10^9/L 2.0 - 7.5
Lymphocytes 25.3% 1.50 x10^9/L 1.2 - 3.65
Monocytes 8.9% 0.53 x10^9/L 0.2 - 1.0
Eosinophils 1.7% 0.10 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.4
Basophils 0.3% 0.02 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.1
ESR 10 mm/hr 1 - 10
URIC ACID 399 umol/L 266 - 474
C Reactive protein 0.6 mg/L <5.0
Rheumatoid Factor Turbidimetry <10.0 IU/mL <14.0
AM body temperature: 36.1 Celsius (96.98 Fahrenheit)
(NB. I have noticed a marked decrease in my ability to handle my morning cold shower, which I have practised since 2011. I now get a chill afterwards)
- ED and lack of libido (both sex and masturbation). Since 2013 with increasing severity
- No Morning Wood. Flatline since 2015
- Episodes of Depression. Since 2012, with increasing frequency & severity
- Low Normal T-Levels and low energy. Since mid 2017
Private UK Andrologist Consultation & Suggestions:
- Urologist Scan
- Therapeutic trial prescription of my choice of one of the following:
- Testosterone Spray
- Separate psychiatric treatment in conjunction with T treatment
He did not ask for my Thyroid stats. My understanding was that Thyroid levels should be a first port of call, at least to check, before prescribing a T treatment?
He claimed I would have no need for an Aromatase Inhibitor with Clomid / HCG - “because you are not overweight”. Surely either treatment could have a potent Estrogen boosting effect nonetheless?
He was only interested in follow up checks of Blood Count & Total Testosterone levels. He did not believe that there was any need for tracking Estrogen or SHBG, for example.
I had imagined that there would be, particularly as I have higher levels of SHBG already, and therefore abnormally low Free T levels?
Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether Clomid or HCG would be an appropriate treatment, considering my age and stats provided?
Are there any other diagnostic tests I should run in order to find a potential causal factor?
Thank you in advance!