I am a 26 year old man, who I believe has been exhibiting sign of a hormonal imbalance since puberty years. I have had a left side varicocele corrected twice (embolisation 2015 and microsurgery 2016). The testicle had already atrophied to around 16ml, I believe the surgeries were done to late to help correct the issue. Other medical conditions of note are gilbert’s syndrome (high bilirubin level) / raynauds syndrome (poor circulation to extremities).
Note : All the issues came to head at once at 17, developed varicocele, raynauds caused toenail fungus infection due to bad circulation, developed severe OCD regarding genital size.
- Low libido/Erection Issues ( using 20mg of cialis at weekends when with girlfriend)
- Easily stressed in most work situations
- Bouts of severe anxiety/depression the last ten years.
- Very long ectomorphic body shape ( around 80kg at 6’4)
- Lack of blood flow to extremities due to raynauds ( though possible thyroid issue)
- No real acne during puberty
- No muscle mass, weight training 4 times a week
-Delayed puberty/potentially incomplete puberty
Experience with doctors
- Turned away from two endocrinologists as results came within range, issue deemed being down to anxiety/body dysmorphia.
- Seeing a functional medicine doctor at the moment who is willing to threat the circulation issue with Ozone therapy, if the blood results come back in low normal range he’s willing to look at clomid. I’m also in communication with a medical facilitator, running separate blood tests with them.
Labs Ranging from 2015 -2017
27/07/15 16:17 S=Serum
S FSH -1.7 U/L Range(1.5-12.4)
S LH - 3.5 U/L Range(1.7 -8.6)
S Prolactin - 224 mU/L Range (11.4-27.9)
S Testosterone - 17.5 mol/L Range (11.4 - 27.9)
S HCG level - <1.0 U/L Range (0.0 -5.0)
Various antibody level : <0.2AI (0.0-0.9)
S Testosterone : 23.1nmol/l (11.4-27.9)
S ACE level : 48 U/L (12-68)
S Cortisol level : 726 nmol/l ( 171-726 mol/L)
S HCG level : <1.0 U/L (0.0-5.0)
S Alpha-feto protein 3.9 KU/L (0-10)
S oestradiol 144 pmol/L (95-223)
PSA 0.97 ng/mL (0-2.5)
S Iron 19 mol/L (10-30)
S transferrin 2.42 g/L (2.0-3.6)
S Ferritin 139 ug/L (30-400)
Transferrin Saturation 31%
05/12/2017 12.07 (First test post Surgeries)
TSH : 1.84 (0.27-4.2)
Testosterone: 10.7 (8.6-29.0)
SHBG: 49.8 (16.5-55.9)
LH : 4.8 (2-9)
FSH : 2.8 (2-12)
Bilrubbin : 35 (2.5-21)
Gamma-GT 11 (12-68)
27/12/17 (At request of endocrinologist)
Testosterone -18.3 (8.6-29)
FSH - 2.3 U/L
LH - 2.8 U/L
Prolactin - 396mu/l
Any input/advice would be very much appreciated.