26 Y/O Attempting Clomid Restart

Got it. My next goal is to fix my sleep. I am starting to sleep through the night more often.
I just need to start sleeping earlier and that will
Make my day. Going to sleep at 11 and not falling asleep till 1230 sucks. If I sleep at 12-1230 I don’t stay away long. What have I done to myself haha :frowning:

I sleep like a stone, no matter what. I just feel more rested without CPAP. And I am asleep virtually instantly once I’m horizontal. Night shift for 3 years does weird things to your sleep though, and apparently the weird things are permanent.

1 Like

My brother (59) has low testosterone, but won’t admit it, functions normally down below like his brother at those lower levels, but he works swing 12 hour shifts, he works three, off four, works four off for three for over 30 years.

He tosses and turns when sleeping, he has never in his life been able to sleep still, he is always wiggling his foot while sleeping.

I can sleep anywhere, anytime, any position now. I have literally fallen asleep standing up. Part of that is the ADD though. I didn’t work swing shift, I was Lead Tech and vetoed swing shifts. Steady nights are bad enough, swings are just slow death. I typically slept between 4 and 6 hours on nights, typically closer to 4. Felt great. My wife insisted it was making me stupider by the day so eventually they pissed me off and I quit. Still not right, and that was more than 10 years ago.

I had sound sleep before I spend 2 years working aboard ships in 2011-2013. My sleep got fucked there, I was taking Zupiklon for some period of time and I think this is the moment my endocrine system started to get shitty.
Since then my sleep is so-so, but the last year I started to sleep a bit better.
I think the poor sleep may have somthing to do with the suboptimal testosterone, but who knows…

1 Like

Hi. I disagree with @hardartery when it comes to boron.

You have NOT tested your shbg yet, so you really do not know where you stand. Trying to lower what might already be low could create more problems for you.

But back to boron – I have/had sky high SHBG of 120. I tested boron for more than 4 weeks, with blood work before and after and found that boron did lower my SHBG – but because of my starting levels, it wasn’t enough.

You really should check your blood levels before you start trying to change them.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Maybe you might be able to tell me how these numbers look. This was 25mg every day for two weeks. A few days I took off.

Since the date of that test I have been doing 25mg eod. Let me know if you think I’m on the right track.

Thanks!

@poomunj
That’s where I’d want mine to be. Now that you’ve cut your dose is half you are likely where I wouldn’t want it to be personally. Obviously 2 weeks at any dose isn’t enough to make a decision (or a change) but like most you’ll learn the hard way (which has it’s pluses in the long run).

1 Like

How long are you planning on taking this? 4 more weeks? What were your numbers before you started taking it?

Dr would like me to take it for 6months. I guess my concern is LH desensitization. Is that a valid concern when LH is where I haD it?

I thought people usually taper down a SERM and hopefully have test higher than before after fixing issues like sleep and vitamin deficiencies. You would rather stay at 25mg ED?

Dr would like me on for 6months he said let’s test what I come back at after 4 weeks at EOD.

Test on second day of clomid was 495 and test 3 weeks before that was 246. Same Labcorp reference range.

Clomid can have some wicked side effects, some of which can be permanent. It is actually extremely unlikely that your levels will be better, or even different, once you stop taking it. If you have sleep issues of vitamin deficiencies, fixing them will affect your levels with or without Clomid. It’s not a drug you take for extended periods of time. So far, he’s proven that your testicles function and are probably not the problem. Using it for 6 months doesn’t really get you any further ahead than using it for 6 weeks.

So going forward what would be the wise choice on potentially tapering down and figuring out a way to keep the ball rolling?

Hard to taper down much lower than where you are now. I would want to run it every day until the end of week 6 and then stop and see where the chips land. And I take back part of the last reply, he’s proved that you pituitary works fine, but your testes may in fact be under-responding. If that’s the case, you need to rule out thyroid and other issues and prepare for the strong chance that you will be starting testosterone replacement therapy in the near future.

I thought he was on TRT. I guess I’ll have to start reading those pesky titles

Listen to him.

@poomunj
So many guys have come to this forum and went this route.

I’ve yet to find someone get better levels. Ask the doc if he’s ever found this to work for anyone with low levels. When he says no ask him why is he wasting your time.

Hate to be negative , but it’s just the truth.

I guess the doctor has been telling me the complete opposite. I have felt quite a bit better on clomid, anyway, would stopping cold turkey be bad or just tapering down two weeks at a time then seeing what happens after that?

Don’t stop. Ofcourse you feel good my friend. You are producing T! The problem is when you stop. Your production will return to normal.

Example: I have 200 total T, 3.5 fee t. If the doc gave me chlomid it will help produce more: when I stop I’ll go right back to 200/3.5. Chlomid will not fix this and I won’t be higher when I stop. I will actually feel worse getting off chlomid.

If someone had 1k total and 20 free t and did a cycle; then you would take chlomid to give the testicles a slight jolt to get them back to work. This person should return to his normal

You need to get on TRT. Where are you located on the states? I can guide you.

Honestly your doc is not doing your any favors. He wouldn’t be giving you chlomid to achieve this, because it would be a rare response if it worked.

Doctors do give chlomid to young men because it raises T but keeps the testicles working . Similar to HCG.

Does that make sense?

Read jay Campbell’s TRT Bible. It has a chapter on chlomid. Email me I’ll try to dig the chapter out and send it over. He pretty much says what I’m saying. This book was co authored by trt doctors .

You can also go watch a video from the late Dr. Crissler on chlomid. I’m pretty sure he made one. Anabolicdoc, tot revolution are all
Good sources.

@dbossa have you or Steven ever created a vid on this or do you have anything to add for this fella?

Crissler def had a video or two on Clomid that were good

1 Like