26, Low T Symptoms

@KSman

Here are the results properly orientated.

Awaiting results for
LH, FSH, SHBG, TT.

Baring in mind I am on NHS in the UK, so getting a baseline in order immediately is difficult. Working on getting as much tested as I possible can.

LH Serum 2.8 u/L range (1.5-18.1u/L)
FSH Serum 4.9u/L range (1.4-18.1u/L)
SHBG 20nmol/L no range given
TT Serum 8.4nmol/L range (8-27nmol/L)
TSH serum 2.0mu/L (0.5-5.5)
Plasma glucose level 5.2mmol/L (3.0-6.00mmol/L)
Potassium 4.5mmol/L (3.5-5.3mmol/L)
Creatinine 71umol/L (59-104umol/L)
Red blood count 5.76 (4.2-6.5)
White blood count 6.4 (4.0-11.0)
haemoglobin concentration 170g/L 130-180g/L
Plasma c-reactive protein <5mg\L (00-10mg/L)
Albumin serum 46g/L no reference
HDL 1.1mmol/L
LDL 3.5mmol/L
Cholestrol ratio 4.6mmol/L (<7.5mmol/L)
AST 24u/L (0.0-35.0u/L)
Triglyceride serum level 1.2mmol/L (0.4-1.8mmol/L)

@KSman
@systemlord

TSH=2.0 is too high. Should be close to 1.0
Thyroid lab ranges are useless.

Do the oral body temperature tests suggested in my first post. This is more informative than most thyroid labs. Please do not selectively ignore my points.

In UK, iodized salt is generally not available and thus not used. If you do not consume ‘normal’ amounts of dairy, you are iodine deficient. Your TSH=2.0 is probably iodine deficiency. You need more iodine. Read the thyroid basics sticky and you must be getting selenium to avoid risk of harm.

At your age with low LH/FSH, one needs to be concerned that a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma could be the cause. Also have endo check examine testes.

The TSH they said that was in range and nothing to worry about, Although as you mentioned you work to get as close to 1 as possible.

Oral body tests I will start to take, on my way to fetch an omron Oral thermometer. Will use my mum as a second in order to make sure it works properly as my mum’s temperature is high as she was medically informed.

Iodized salt I started to use nearly a month now, easily purchased for myself as I read a while back about the whole iodized thing.

The endo has not done any visual checks as I’m still under my GP for now as the endo requested further tests by the GP before they’d get on to seeing me. Hopefully that’s on the cards very shortly. Habe a doctors appointment in 3 days time for consultation regarding FSH and LH and TT, doctor may carry out visual checks themself in order to refer me.

Thanks! Will keep informed with temperatures and consultation of Doctor.

Oral temperatures
Day 1 35.5•c
Day 2 36.2•c
Day 3 35.4•c
Day 4 34.7•c
Day 5 35.2c

Friend had the thermometer at 36.8•c
Tested under water to make sure it read over 37.0•c and did.

Been to the doctors, not enough evidence to see the NHS Endocrinologist. Doctor is adamant to get to the bottom of it but unsure weather to refer me to the endocrinologist or sleep clinic as she feels I have a case of sleep apnea.

More tests were also taken.
CBC
E2
TFT
Androstenedione
Didn’t quite catch the other two tested.

+Vitamin D.

Free testosterone calculated via
TT- 8.4nmol/L
Albumin- 4.6g/dL
SHBG- 20nmol/L

Free T - 0.202nmol/L - 2.41%
Bioavailable T - 5.06nmol/L

The percentage seems to be normal, just seriously lacking in Testosterone in general.

@KSman

Androstenedione 6.3nmol/L (2.1-10.8)
Oestrodiol 106pmol/L (upto 191pmol/L)
Serum TSH 0.75mu/L (0.3-5.5)
Vitamin D 25-hydroxy 53nmol/L (24.0-167.0)

White blood count
Neutrophil count 2.8 (2-7.5)
Lymphocyte 1.7 (1-4)
Monocyte observation 0.6 (0.1-1.5)
Eosinophil observation 0.2 (0.04-0.4)
Basophil 0.1 (<0.15)

Full blood count

Haemoglobin concentration 161g/L (130-180)
Total white blood cell 5.3 (4.0-11.0)
Platelet count observation 192 (150-450)
Red blood cell 5.42 (4.2-6.5)
Haematocrit 0.530 (0.4-0.54)
Mean cell volume 98fL (84-102)
Mean cell Haemoglobin level 29.7pg (28.0-33.0)
Mean cell Haemoglobin concentration 304g/L (300-350)

Doctor has now referral to the endocrinologist as well as sleep clinic to work on my sleep and to see how I’m breathing in my sleep regarding interference and time taken to fall asleep once in bed.

@ksman

Any help is appreciated as I will be awaiting 16 weeks for referal. Thanks!

Had my appointment with the endocrine, he feels judging by my blood results that he isn’t going to diagnose a problem involving testosterone(which was 291ng/dl) but agrees there is some sort of hormone imbalance causing my problems. He has requested the following tests

24 hour urine sample
11pm / 8am 1mg dexamethasone cortisol suppression test
Further blood tests including FSH, LH, FT(FINALLY!), prolactin(FINALLY!), E2.

He continues to explain to me that he feels it may be stress and anxious related causing my body to release excess cortisol into my body which will apparently suppress my testosterone also. He examined my chest area and said there were no breast tissue involved.

Also after the conversation I had with him and the test he requires, he quotes on the test papers ‘hypogonadism’ but could this be cushings syndrome? I read on the mayo clinic and it seems very accurate to all my symptoms including light fractures over normal activities, back and spinal pains, swelled ankles occasionally etc.

@KSman

No one else have any opinions on this? Received my first letter from the endo explaining what I was concerned about etc and said he doesn’t believe it is cushings but I do have pink stretch marks on my hips and front of my stomach he also said I have mild bilateral gynecomastia. No letters or conversation since doing the 3 lots of bloods and urine he had required.

Hi, Shaun, how are you doing with your issues? I really don’t know too much about this, but i’m trying and struggling to understand and to make on averall picture what leads/or even may lead to this condition and how to treat it, and so do you, as see.

Tell me please, what is your current protocol in fixing low t, what meds do you use and what dosage?? Cus i’m in the similar boat trying to fix that problem.

Did you make tests for thyroperoxidase antibodies, TSH, FT3, FT4?i may miss something in you attached pictures…I’m asking cus i have hashimotos (with compensated hypothyroidism with levothyroxine), and from my own experience any thyroid issue can strongly influence on mood, brain fog, poor erection and libido, sex hormones etc. If you have fresh thyroid labs, can you show them?anyway, Shaun, sorry if i was too insistent and butting into your personal affairs…

I still have the exact same problems as I have been having. Started to meet a few females in the past few weeks and I am not sure what’s wrong with me, its like I cant cope with them for longer than a week my drive just falls down the drain and my mood changes towards them as though I wouldn’t care if they never existed a following day. Never want to be intermate with them although very attracted to them.

I don’t have a current protocol as they haven’t prescribed me anything just yet, waiting on my last set of full hormone panels, overnight dexamethasone and 24hr urine cortisol test results from my visit to my endo.

I haven’t had any tests done for T3,T4,FT3,FT4. Could any of those particular tests ensure any auto immune systems maybe? They haven’t tested me for HIV or AIDS but not sure if that would effect testosterone as it wasn’t something id consider myself to have, nor many of the symptoms, the ones I have all relate to normal day to day things too and doesn’t directly point at either of those auto immunes.

My TSH is fine, reading 0.75 in my last test and as KSman would say, it needs to be close to 1 as possible, im happy with 0.75.

I have UGL hormones I can lastly resort to, but don’t want to. The reason for this is because unless I know what is the cause of the low testosterone in the first place, this could be a very bad idea to self prescribe this and maybe make something worse, something you may not know you have.

Been enquiring about privacy endos just as a last resort in the new year, haven’t received any treatment, or any trials which I should have been offered with a test lower than 12nmol but above 8.0nmol.

@cooller0831

Speaking about thyroid gland, a telltale sings that Hashimoto (autoimmune thyroid gland disease) exists are:

TPO AB, TG AB (thyroperoxidase antibodies, thyroglobulin antibodies) are above normal range (usually significantly above)
subclinical or manifest hypothyroidism (you can determine it according to tests listed above TSH, FT3, FT4, oral temperatures as a more exact test can be done too)
ultrasound
frankly, i don’t think this is your case, but may be it is worth a try to check out?

I haven’t been back the doctors since. I had my latest hormone results done, and they confirmed everything was normal. I couldn’t get a copy but the lady over the phone could reveal my test numbers. My Testosterone Serum came back at 14.2nmol/L which I still think is way to low for someone who is 25BMI, 26. Still unable to lose weight the past 3/4 months have put weight back on and just as weak as I were. I can not Bench press any more than 120lbs for 6 reps 1 set and I am 5ft9 at 168lbs.

Might take interest in the latest tests you have mention and may get those checked. Thanks.

@cooller0831

Still not resolved.
Should I endow my own TRT treatment for 6 weeks and see how I get on?

Anyone ?

Very informative

1 Like