25yr Old, Started Testim, Questions Regarding T

Hi everyone,

I am a 25 year old male who is on my first week of Testim. For the past 4 years I’ve been having ALOT of medical problems. Severe chronic pain and fatigue, depression, low sex drive (and everything that comes along with that), and a lot more symptoms. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

The chronic pain and fatigue got progressively worse to the point where I was taking very high doses of prescribed opiate pain medication just to get through the day. My self esteem, confidence, and self worth plummeted and were at an all time low. Feeling so fragile…and being in my early 20’s, I lost all sense of a masculine identity. I used to work out and be contently in shape…now I’m weak and fragile.

For a long time I suspected that at least part of my health problems were due to low T. After jumping through a bunch of hoops I finally got my blood test results my total T was 166! My doctor immediately started me on Testim. Today is day 5.

I understand opiates can lower T and being on heavy doses for 2 years, without a doubt has hindered my T. While I’m excited to be start Testim I have some questions/concerns. First, how long does it normally take to feel better/different. I really don’t know what to expect.

Does the increase in T really improve sex drive? I’ve been applying it to my chest, arms, and inner thigh. How long should I wait to take a shower? Will I have to be on Testim for the rest of my life? Will I become sterile?

I’d appreciate any insight or help

Thank you
-T

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys - note 1st paragraph
  • things that damage your hormones

You should have had LH/FSH tested before TRT, now the diagnostic window is closed.

You need these labs:
TT
FT
E2
prolactin
LH/FSH - too late baby
DHEA-S
AM cortisol
IGF-1
CBC
TSH
fT3
fT4
fasting total cholesterol
fasting glucose

To function properly, you need T, cortisol [adrenals] and thyroid hormones at decent levels.

Have you used iodized salt and/or vitamins that list iodine? Or are you iodine deficient.

Please do not tell me that labs were normal, need numbers and ranges please.

If you have low thyroid function, you probably cannot absorb transdermal testosterone and will need to inject and yes, there is a sticky for that.

If your body temperatures are low, that indicates a degree of low thyroid function,
Oral body temperature when you first wake up should be 97.7 - 97.8 or a bit higher. 97.3 is way too low.
Also see if you hit 98.6 mid-afternoon.
So that is fast, easy and conclusive.

Lab numbers may reveal other things.

TRT should be:

• testosterone
  • anastrozole as/if needed to get near E2=22pg/ml
  • 250iu hCG SC EOD to preserve fertility

TRT is forever. Young guys should treat low-T as a symptom and try to identify the root cause and try to fix that. Try to list your medical problems and time-line VS perceived drop in vitality and sex drive/function. Some drugs are endocrine disruptors.