T Nation

25y/o Bloodwork. Should I Go on TRT?

Hi im 25 otherwise healthy and active male. Over the past month my libido is way down i cant get boners and im depressed/unmotivated. Here is my bloodwork. The “M” stands for MALE ranges in the reference.

Total test= 239 ng/dl ref- 249-1450

That image is useless, please fix.

Looks like there was another attachment that failed.

You can edit the above post directly, look for pencil icon below the post.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Sorry about that. It is now fixed and cropped properly. Also i went to 2 endocrinologists and they had me get my free test check to be put on trt. They said if that comes back low then they will put me on trt injectables. Probably test cyp. But anywho do you think since i have low toyal tesy my free test will also come back low according to the rest of my results?

Low T with high LH/FSH means that your testes are not working aka primary hypogonadism.

Your FT will be low, do not need a lab to know that.

Did this happen suddenly or have you struggled for years.

Please read those stickies.

You should be self-injecting T, 50mg twice a week. Doc will have other ideas.

If you only inject T, your testes will probably shrink and you can easily become infertile. You need to have an explicit conversation with your doctor. 205iu hCG subq EOD or 20mg Nolvadex EOD will avoid those problems.

The E2 lab test does not resolve below 20pg/ml, you might ask if a more sensitive lab can be ordered. You will see that we suggest all almost all will need anastrozole to have optimal E2 levels, near E2=22pg/ml. Many doctors do not understand this at all. The male adult range is shown as 7-56 and 56 would be a disaster. If doc is bound to lab ranges you will need to try to find another doctor.

Have you had your testes examined?

So yes, you do need TRT, no known way out of your condition. - unless you had severe vascular abnormalities of both testes that were surgically repaired.

Im going to get a scan of my testies as well. an ultrasound. So basically she said i need to come back once i get my free T levels and a testies ultrasound. Which will come back this friday or saturday. I feel horrible man im so just down about life. I cant have sex i dont have motivation to progress in life. Ive found myself overthinking about the meaning of life and so on. All this has been happening for over 2 months

Did this happen suddenly or have you struggled for years?

If you can follow the TRT guidelines offered here, your life will be transformed. Please try to focus on that and drum up motivation to read the stickies.

This happened after a 14 week cut. I lost 30 lbs of fat and went from aprox 25% bf to aprox 12% bf.

Starvation diets can increase SHBG and as a stress, affect the adrenals and might cause or contribute to adrenal fatigue that can elevated rT3.

But the above possibilities are not even remotely connected to your primary hypogonadism.

I expect that TRT is your only options and you should be studying the protocol for injections sticky and the others. Understand the fertility issues. You are probably going to need to fight your doctors.

It would be good to repeat those labs to have confidence that this is a persistent state and also not acting on lab errors.

Thank you for the response im in the waiting room for my ultrasound as we speak. Much respect!