25th Workout clips

Had a fun day today

Right click on each clip and save before watching to avoid errors!

CleanPull + HighHang Clean HighPull + 3 HighHang PowerCleans with 165lbs

Well the High hang olys were done with a very small dip, about 2-3 inches. with the 165lb sets, the bar was coming up high enough to rack with a small dip, but as I started fatigue, and grip starting slipping the bar got lower, so by the last set, I racked it quite deep with the hammies down to parallel

Something I rarely do, and normally kills my hammies, but the Drop jumps today and complexed partial ROM frontsquats last week helped a lot here.

I figure if I had done a 5th set I would have had to squatcleaned it :slight_smile:

Bar is crashing on me though - something that always happens when I rack the bar with open hands instead of holding onto the bar

http://www.members.optushome.com.au…165_25Jan04.mpg

Overheadsquats with 55lbs :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a habit of turning out my feet too much on the first rep, need to fix that

http://www.members.optushome.com.au…s55_25Jan04.mpg

Fullsquats with bands exploding onto toes. I complexed these with 30lb jumpsquats

http://www.members.optushome.com.au…5x3_25Jan04.mpg

workut that day

Sunday 25th January - Week 15 - Speed Strength - Day 1 - Lower/Squat - Afternoon

Good workout today. Can feel like I’m making progress on the form and strength front.
Long, but I was sipping my Powerade/Whey combo mixture all the way through :slight_smile:

Warmup+ CoreWork+Plyos

Rest - 30secs alternating between each exercise. 1min between pairs.

1. Back Extensions x8, With a twist to each side after rep 3 +10lbs x11
  2. Incline situps with Russian twists to each side at the top - arms held outstretched x6, +10lbs x8

Low Ankle Jumps 3x10secs, low to high 2x10secs

Romanian Deadlift ISO hold - 50lbs x 30secs

Deep landing 12inch Box Alttitude drops - rest 1 to 1.5mins
5x3
Concentrated on landing softly, landing into a deep hamstrings at parellel, on toes then rolling back on heels

Olys

Warmups - Shoulder Dislocates with Purple Band+ some overhead squats
Bar for a few oly warmup stuff

CleanPull + 5 HighHang Clean Highpulls + Squatclean - 89lbs
CleanPull + HighHang Clean HighPull + SquatClean + PowerJerk - 89lbs

Rest - 2 mins - Hookgrip until after first clean

CleanPull + HighHang Clean HighPull + SquatClean + PowerJerk - 119lbs x 3sets
CleanPull + HighHang Clean HighPull + 3 HighHang PowerCleans - 155lbs, 165lbs x 4 sets

One high hang MuscleSnatch + 6 Overhead squats - one full rep with a slight pause, then partial rep with pause and so on - 45lbs, 55lbs x 3 sets

Well the High hang olys were done with a very small dip, about 2-3 inches. with the 165lb sets, the bar was coming up high enough to rack with a small dip, but as I started fatigue, and grip starting slipping the bar got lower, so by the last set, I racked it quite deep with the hammies down to parallel
Something I rarely do, and normally kills my hammies, but the Drop jumps today and complexed partial ROM frontsquats last week helped a lot here.
I figure if I had done a 5th set I would have had to squatcleaned it

Overhead squats were tough but I made em all no probs, up the weight next week. Warmup for full squats

Full Olympic Back Squats + Light Bands - RAW in Oly Shoes - Complexed with Jumpsquats

Light Bands kicking in one inch off the bottom - wrapped around 25lb plate on the floor, with another 45 ontop.
Band tension - bottom 0lbs , top 120lbs (?)

Warmup sets - resting 1 min
Bar x5, 135lbs x5, 135+bands x 3, 5 moderate intensity jumps
Tempo 10X0

exploding onto toes and jerking bar off back on squats
155lbs+bands x3, rest 1min, Jumpsquats 30lbs x3, rest 3min
175lbs+bands x3, rest 3min, Jumpsquats 30lbs x3, rest 1min
2-3 sec pause on the 2nd rep of each squat set
195lbs+bands x3, rest 3min, Jumpsquats 30lbs x3, rest 1min
195lbs+bands x3, rest 2min, Jumpsquats 30lbs x3, rest 1min
195lbs+bands x3, rest 2min, Jumpsquats 30lbs x3, rest 1min

Cleangrip full Frontsquats+Bands - tempo X0X0 - rest 1min
exploding onto toes and jerking bar off shoulders
135x5, 185lbs 2x3

The pause on the 2nd rep of each fullsquat set felt about 30lbs heavier than without!
The bands while they do make the top harder, sure make the stretch reflex much greater than normal, as evidenced by how much harder the paused rep felt!

First time doing frontsquats with bands, and it did feel harder, but what got me was the fact that 185+bands = about 285-305lbs up top and it didn’t feel as heavy as I thought it would. I did all sets fine, with no breathing or blackout problems. Sure gives me a confidence boost
I would rested longer than a minute between sets and have done another set, but someone was waiting to use the powerrack - damn - gym only has one rack now!!!
I was slightly airbourne on all squats, right up on my toes

Bits and Pieces

Bulgarian Splitsquat
70lbs in dumbells - 1x8 each side

GluteHam Raise on Incline Situp Board
Tempo 20X0 2x5 - using hand to help - rest 1.5mins

Single leg Back Extensions - twist to alternating sides on each rep
Tempo 1010 BW x 20 - 10 reps each leg

Then layed over a swiss ball face down to stetch out the erectors and open up the spine for a couple of mins

Low Pulley L-Flyes on Free Motion Machine
tempo 2020 10lbs 2x12 each arm

here is a revised clip of the band squats, with the Jumpsquats added in now at the end

right click and save!

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolco…5x3_25Jan04.mpg

Unfortunately I didn’t get to film the band frontsquats