25 Years Old, Low Testosterone

Hey guys

A quick background on myself: I’m a 25 year old male, enjoys lifting weights and training muay thai most days after work (I work a desk job) and on the weekends. I’m a very health conscious individual, my diet consists of plenty of complex carbs, fats, proteins, fruits + veg. Despite my active lifestyle and fairly successful career I always felt low energy, depressed, brain fog, low self esteem. I supposed I have low libido but I rarely have a girlfriend as approaching women gives me too much anxiety.

I decided to have a blood test done to see why I was so tired all the time. I decided to skip the GP and go straight to a private blood test. Results are from 28/03/2017:

THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 3.15 mIU/L 0.27 - 4.20
FREE THYROXINE 16.77 pmol/L 12.00 - 22.00
TESTOSTERONE 8.77 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
17-BETA OESTRADIOL <18.35 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99

I also have various hematology and biochemistry results if interested (red/white blood count, cholesterol etc)

Noticed my T was low so followed up with another test a couple of weeks later (11/04/2017):

TESTOSTERONE 8.72 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED)*0.209 nmol/L 0.30 - 1.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL <18.35 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 25.82 nmol/L 16.00 - 55.00

Decided to contact a ‘specalist’ TRT doctor who wanted to run more tests (22/05/2017):

TSH 1.66 uIU/mL (0.35 - 4.94)
FSH 1.7 mIU/mL (0.95 - 11.95)
LH 1.3 mIU/mL (1.14 - 8.75)
Oestradiol 81 pmol/L (40 - 160)
T 10.80 nmol/L (9.00 - 30.00)
SHGB 26 nmol/L (18 - 50)

Again with this test I have various hematology and biochemistry results that I can provide if needed.

At the end of the consultation with the Urologist he suggest putting me on a course of Clomid therapy. Of course being a health conscious individual I had done a lot of reading on TRT treatment before the consultation and saw that Clomid therapy had the ability of restoring T levels but doing very little for symptom relief. I tried to push for injectables but he was reluctant given my age which is understandable. I told him I would consider the Clomid and would come back to him at a later date if I change my mind.

I’m feeling a little lost at the moment. So far I see my options as:
Try Clomid
Buy everything I need online and self administer (no interest in cycle steroids)

I am from the UK btw and TRT seems to be a little behind the US. If anyone could give me some advice it would be appreciated

Thanks!

Please post latest CBC, hematocrit, RBC, ferritin, hemoglobin

TSH lower last set of labs. Almost like you were not using iodized salt [is available there] then started getting more iodine, perhaps in vitamins.
TSH should be closer to 1.0

E2=81, what happened?
Something changed.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Hi KSman

Sorry for the late reply

Please find latest results regarding hematocrit, RBC and hemoglobin:

I took your advice and measured my temperatures, I was slightly below and have been following your protocol for iodoral loading, I will be getting my thyroid levels tested soon.

Since the 29/05 I have been injecting 30mg Test Prop EOD without AI or hCG. I injected Monday morning and had blood drawn the following Tuesday afternoon to get a trough level of TT and Oestradial (I know this isnt ideal but I am not with a doctor). The results were as follows:

TESTOSTERONE 9.65 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
17-BETA OESTRADIOL *217 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99

I am completely shocked at these results. Firstly because despite the testosterone injections, my results are still very low. I know I don’t have full blood work which can provide answers but it appears that the injections have only raised my E2 levels. I know you will recommend getting a full panel done ASAP but do you have an idea what may be causing this? I have started taking .25mg anastrozole E3D from today to manage E2. Should I increase my testosterone dosage? I will also start 250iu hCG EOD from tomorrow.

Thank you for your help

Hope you’re Doing lots better Man, by the way that Hemoglobin and HCT is basically Anemic levels. that equals 36% Hematocrit & Hemoglobin 12.7 i can imagine you have ZERO energy to do weight lifting or any kind. Also hope you got your Testosterone healthy levels now, if you’re still on an Injectible protocol.

Hi brother

My haemoglobin and HCT have improved a lot since starting TRT. Results from a few weeks ago:

Haemoglobin (Hb) 145 g/l (130 - 170)
Haematocrit (HCT) 0.436 (0.400 - 0.540)

Its been a long road been to 3 different Doctors since my last post but currently being treated by Dr Robert Stevens from http://themenshealthclinic.co.uk/. He really knows what hes doing.

Good for you!