T Nation

25 Years Old, First Comp

Here is a pic from my first comp.

Let me know what you think!

Are you related to Greg Oden? Because you don’t look 25, you look 45!!! LOL!

Anyway, that one shot looks pretty good. What weight class were you in? What are your stats? More pics? Training and diet?

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Are you related to Greg Oden? Because you don’t look 25, you look 45!!! LOL!

Anyway, that one shot looks pretty good. What weight class were you in? What are your stats? More pics? Training and diet?[/quote]

LOL!

Thanks!

That comp held 3 weeks ago. I weighed 190.6 lbs with 8.2 % on the Durnin body fat scale, drug-free. I had a 7 weeks diet for this one wich I started at 200 lbs (I’m 6 foot)

Last week of the comp (Saturday trough Wednesday) was mainly eggs for breakfast.

The three other meals repeated 2 times to make a total of 7 meals troughout the day:

Meal 1: Horse with 1/2 table spoon of soya sauce
Meal 2: Chiken Breast with 1/2 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
Meal 3: Boiled white fish with 1/2 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard.

At that time superset was the main part of my workout:

Day 1
Chest, Biceps, Triceps

Day 2
Quads, Hams, Abs,

Day 3
Shoulders and Back

Thursday was my depletion workout and I carbed up until the Saturday Competition. That was an experiment.

This week-end I had another contest WNSO Fame East 2007 and this time from Saturday trough Tuesday, no carb.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, carb up and on Friday evening I started a fat load trough Saturday morninng and the results were much greater!

You eat HORSE? o.O

Does that say horse?

You eat horse? What, is dog to expensive.

Sorry Guys,

My translation from french to english is sometime bad LOL

I meant horse meat.

[quote]jjbarrett wrote:
Sorry Guys,

My translation from french to english is sometime bad LOL

I meant horse meat.[/quote]

i’m pretty sure they understood you meant horse meat, they’re just shocked about it. cause they dont know it’s something people eat in quebec.

i think CT said that it’s the best meat or something like that.

They eat horse meat in Quebec!!!? I did not know that, mind you, I don’t think I know anyone from there.

Very interesting.

Does anyone have a link to an article comparing the various meats? I’d like to know how Elk ranks.

People eat raw horse meat all the time here (Japan), and many Americans regularly ate horse meat up until the 1950’s or so, when it became scarce. What I’ve had has been pretty damned good, strangely spicey, very rich.

Then again I think that raw cow liver with sesame seed oil is about the best thing there is…you’ll disagree, and even be revolted, until you try something on your own without voluntarily conjuring up wretched images in your mind. Most of you might be surprised what you would like, if you’d give it a chance.

Wow, seriously I had no idea people in Quebec ate horse.
How does it taste and how lean is it?

Horse meat = 4 g of fat per 100 g and 25 g prots per 100g. One of the leanest meat and pretty good taste too.

sry, its 22 g prots.

From the looks you got your diet right…that’s important, you can bring up your lats more, and dont see a picture of the wheels to give you an overall opinion…

Damn…if I could eat horse I probably wouldn’t… horses are nice beautiful animals, cant eat beautiful animals…c

hickens are dumb creatures just sit and lay eggs and click clock all day, buffalo meat is great cuz they’re ugly creatures and dumb, cow’s are lazy and pretty dumb…

but a horse I don’t know…I like horses so x nay or the horse meat…by the way how does it taste? any good?

[quote]Hypertrophykid wrote:
Damn…if I could eat horse I probably wouldn’t… horses are nice beautiful animals, cant eat beautiful animals…c

hickens are dumb creatures just sit and lay eggs and click clock all day, buffalo meat is great cuz they’re ugly creatures and dumb, cow’s are lazy and pretty dumb…

but a horse I don’t know…I like horses so x nay or the horse meat…by the way how does it taste? any good? [/quote]

what’s your deal with posting your own photo in everyone else’s critique threads?

I think I remember now. Americans regularly bought horse meat at any typical grocery store up until WWII, with the reason being that, like scrap metal, horses were essetial to the war effort (cavalry). After that, horse meat disappeared from the shelves, and never came back.

I don’t know the reason it stayed gone, but I imagine much of the aversion to eating horse nowadays comes from a lack of familiarity with it. I will agree with the above poster, though, in that eating a beautiful animal is somewhat disconcerting.

That’s why everybody got pissed when all of the dolphins were getting killed in tuna nets. Nobody gave a shit about the tuna…

So people know who I am…you gota problem with me? why are you hating? there’s no problems with me posting my pix in someone else’s threads…I like to see who’s critiquing me…so if someone posted their pic in my thread I wouldn’t have any problem with it…so do you? its not even your thread…so whats your problem?

Horse meat is pretty popular in France too.

Simply it tastes really good, low in fat, high in protein and it’s an inexpensive peace of meat.

In Quebec we love to eat wild animals such ducks, vison,etc.

And yeah as Hypertrophykid had mention, I need to work a bit more on my lats.

Good job there, and dont worry, I ate horse meat in Italy when I was young. Tough meat, you are better off chewing on a tire.