25 Y/O - Right Levels?

Did you ever get your issue resolved? I’m kinda in the same boat but with much lower T levels. My testosteron, Serum Value is 272 ng/dL out of a range of : 280-800. I’ve seen multiple endos and they all say I’m fine even though my free floating testostrone is below the range also. I honestly feel f#$&#% there is nothing I can do about it.

Unless you are diagnosed with a disease with a standard protocol, you’r on your own. Understand that improvement in your health will coincide with the amount of focus you put into researching and educating yourself.

Low T is a vague symptom that can origin from a multitude of conditions. Once you have grasped the theory, apply a process of elimination to arrive at what is the cause in your case. Then you can begin to treat it.

I’m hopefully at the end of that process.

Interested to hear the results of your experimentation Shakespear.

Yeah but its frustrating when you see doctors who are suppose to know how to treat this issue. For instance, I have been suffering from low T my whole life. Suffering from a undescended testicle that could not be surgically brought down. My doctors told me from a young age and even when I was in college that it would eventually come down on its own and function properly…it never has. I have described my very genuine feeling of always feeling depressed, lack of energy, feeling confused/hazy, practically zero sex drive but the docs always refer me to their friends to seek further evaluation.

Every endo that I have seen have told me that it is all in my head and that I’m just being influenced by all the commercials I see on TV regarding Low T etc. and refuse to treat me with T therapy. My primary care doc said I have low T but prob am just depressed so he put me on anti depressants. I was then referred to psych and they think I have adhd so they put me on some adhd medication.

Then my docs told me to lose weight and start eating clean and lift heavy. I started doing that and nothing changed. Then my primary care doc told me to do lots of cardio so I decided to do that lost some weight but seemed a unhealthy amount of weight (got weaker) and my T levels decreased after that. All these meds and forms of life style treatment have done nothing for me. These docs just treat me like some sort of junkie seeking a fix whenever I begin to discuss my testosterone issue.
These physicians need to realize that there are individuals out there that are not body builders or athletes that are seeking T therapy for some sort of competitive edge.

Honestly I really believe that Iâ??m $%#%$% for life. The quality of my life has been so poor post puberty. It is the worst feeling ever, I just want to have a fair shot in life, to be able to make something of myself rather than being put on anti-depressants and ADHD meds that are doing nothing for me. I feel like Iâ??ve done everything I could do in order to obtain treatment yet Iâ??m denied every time.

sgu25, please pick up your thread here: https://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/25_low_t_and_doctors_wont_do_a_thing_about_it

Worth noting that, like the vast majority of the 20 year old crowd who end up posting on here, his symptoms were entirely explainable by lifestyle choices and/or things entirely psychosomatic:

SYMPTOMS
-Brain Fog
-Social Withdrawal (really don�¢??t feel like going out tonight)
-Really Excessive Sweating (especially after exercise)
-Exercise intolerance (feeling too tired after exercise, blood pressure drop?)
-No Libido, Hard to maintain EQ
-Gyno
-Serious muscle mass loss
-Adipose fat
-Dark bags under eyes
-Neck temporarily increase in thickness then gone (goiter?)
-Sexual Dysfunction immediately after certain drugs (loss of sensation, maybe blood flow)
-Lack of restorative sleep

Nothing personal to the OP, but give me a break. Just writing things like “Social Withdrawal (really donÃ?¢??t feel like going out tonight)” and “neck temporarily increases in thickness” just reeks of “I don’t feel like I’m at some hypothetical state of perfection and want to be able to blame it on something external.” The only red flag is lack of morning erections. My guess is that TRT would lead nowhere with this guy.

MinusTheColon should go sit in the corner and think about playing nice.

1 Like