Current Stats
lifting on off for 4/5 years
Weight: 65kg
Been on 1mg of Finasteride for a year.
b/f 16% (calipers)
working on getting oral temps
Quick summary of history:

University
Started gyming at age 20 body-weight 61 - lower upper body split 4 times per week.
Got upto 68kg after about a year.
Reached 72kg by age 23 following a bodybuilder split.

Work
Age 23/24: Left varsity and started work. Continued gyming but began looking quite “chubby buff” so decided to cut. Got down to 63kg.

Other potentially relevant info:

Low libido
Low Erection Quality, hardness down (have never had great hardness though)
No morning wood
Left testicle occasionally aches (started in varsity before I started finasteride, never with fever though)
I get cold quite easy, this never used to be problem
Oily facial skin
Occasional brainfog
I have lost A LOT of mass on my legs (most thigh fat seems to have moved to my waist)
Fat stored almost entirely at the back of my back (love handles) , lower abdomen and face
Little body & facial hair (no chest hair & can’t grow a full beard)

I used to gain muscle and keep fat off a lot easier, i am finding that when i up my calories i seem to only increase strength and body-fat. I have only managed to put on 2kg since i started finasteride. In this time i have been doing stronglift 5x5 and I hit a 5 rep bench max of 100KG, Squat of 110kg and OH press of 60KG at a bw of 65KG. Additionally, on three meals a day spaced between morning to evening i found i gained quite a but of fat so i switched to IF and eating two meals + protein/carb/creatine shake.

LAB RESULTS

Looks like my TT is about normal for a 55 year old man and my Free Test is also low. My high SHBG could potentially be impacting how much test is available for tissue, which could be impacting my inability to put on muscle? My FSH & LH could be low due to the lack of DHT?

What are your guys thoughts? I’d like to be the most optimal i can possibly be (really missing how i looked at 72kg), not keen on dropping finasteride as it has done wonders for my hair. What about TRT + Finasteride with Hcg for the gonads?

Thanks!

Never touch finasteride

Thanks @je2907. I see you were on finasteride for awhile. What did you end up doing?

I took it only once, and it ruined my homrones and my life, 4 months later i still have no libido, depression, anxiety etc

I’m currently looking into TRT

Thats crazy bro, sorry to hear. I hope you come right with TRT.

Elevated SHBG is lowering FT, creating more non-bioavailable SHBG+T which inflates TT so TT then overstates your T status.

SHBG is made in the liver and E2 increases, FT or bio-T decreases and liver conditions/disease can increase SHBG. Sometimes no reasons exist. Your liver AST/ALT do not present any concerns. Your liver E2 clearance seems good.

Feeling cold suggests low thyroid function which then drives fat gain and makes energy low. Low thyroid function has most of the same symptoms as low-T so you can then have a double dose of misery. Your problem might be as simple as an iodine deficiency from not using iodized salt. If so, your whole household might be affected. You are working on the oral temperatures which is great.

Teste aches: Testicular cancer is a young man’s disease. Most cancers secrete FSH and your low FSH seems to rule out testicular cancer. You could have a vascular problem, often correctable with surgery.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.