T Nation

25 y/o 5'11 225 Progress Pics

Hello members of T-Nation. I made a post awhile back to get some feedback about where to improve on my physique. I’d like to get some constructive criticism about where I need to make the most improvement.

My goal is to get bigger and stronger while doing my best to focus on areas that are lacking. I am 25, 5’11, and about 225lbs and not sure about bf %. I understand that I will put on fat while bulking; that doesn’t scare me. However, I do have to keep it in check because I have to pass a fitness test for the Army which includes a 2-mile run.

before

before

before

after

after

after

after

after

after

after

You have big legs, need more back :slight_smile:

So, I really don’t mean to sound like a dick here, and honestly, that’s not what I’m trying to be, but somethings gotta be said…

This whole obsession we have with our culture around males needing to be as BIG as possible utterly fails to accommodate a basic thing: HEALTH! Going through “bulking cycles” followed by calorie restriction cutting phases, is simply a fancy way to say Yo-Yo diet syndrome. Over time this totally fucks up your metabolism, and if you look at almost every bodybuilder, they ALL end up being obese in the end. Essentially, chronically resetting the metabolic set-point with dieting will put you at a higher end-point.

From a medical and performance perspective, you look way healthier, and way more athletic in your Pre photos to the Post photos. In fact, in the pre photos, you look fantastic! You have a strong, muscular, and FIT looking body. Not even close to being an underweight skinny marathon runner… In the post photos, sure, you’ve gained muscle, but you’ve also gained a bunch of fat. Lets say you can diet the fat off, but as I stated, dieting just jacks things up in the long run. What you need to ask yourself, is “why do I feel that I need to get bigger?” What most guys don’t want to hear, is that there is a difference between being motivated around fitness and performance, and eating disorders. And yes, the obsession with getting huge IS an eating disorder.

Again, sorry if I sound like a dick… Its interesting to me how insecure we all are with our bodies, even if we look great!

Good luck

[quote]bmxer109 wrote:
So, I really don’t mean to sound like a dick here, and honestly, that’s not what I’m trying to be, but somethings gotta be said…

This whole obsession we have with our culture around males needing to be as BIG as possible utterly fails to accommodate a basic thing: HEALTH! [/quote]

Weirdo… Sorry, you just HAD to be called that.

It’s a fair point but the brah in this post isn’t bulking into heart attack. Sure, the issue you raise in your post does sometimes HAVE to be said. But here, this brah looks to be doing things at a steady pace and doesn’t need to be told the obvious (cutting and bulking is more taxing on your body then a more “moderate” apporach to your diet)

Keep doing you bro. If I were you, I’d strip away the fat and see what I’ve built. Looks to me like you’ve earned it.