BB row
1x5x62kg

4x8x72kg

Good mornings
1x5x49kg

4x8x64kg

Lat pulldown
4x8x50kg

really nice training, i felt like i really needed this deload week.

Menu

meal one: 3 fried eggs, 2 slices of whole wheat bread
meal two: Protein shake (30 gr of protein), one spoonful of peanut butter
meal three: 3 scrambled eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, veggies
meal four: Protein shake (30 gr of protein), 10 almonds
meal five: 100gr of chicken breast, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, veggies

lots of cold water

any thoughts? tips? suggestins?, anything is greatly welcome

busy week, but i keep the hard work.

this week i missed my wednesday boxing and bench session, i felt really tired of my shoulders so i just gave them a break.

i’ve noticed that i’ve improved a lot on my punching drills, i hit faster, i do a better foodwork, i’ve learned how to use my mid section properly and so on.

also i’m dealing with some pain on my shins(after jogging), it happened to me once while playing my football session, so i know i’ll be better in a couple of weeks.

my yesterday’s training session

5/3/1 cycle 1, deload week

squat
1x5x50kg
1x5x70kg

working sets
3x5x88kg

Front squats
4x8x60kg

Romain DL’s
1x5x60kg

4x8x80kg

Hanging Knee raises
2x12
2x10

nice session here, sweated a lot and ended up happy, i think fat loss is happening, but not as fast as i wishit, well i guess it’s the price i gotta pay for being that fat so many years.

this week menu:

meal one: 3 fried eggs, 2 slices of whole wheat bread
meal two: Protein shake (30 gr of protein), one spoonful of peanut butter
meal three: 3 scrambled eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, veggies
meal four: Protein shake (30 gr of protein), 10 almonds
meal five: 100gr of chicken breast, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, veggies

tomorrow is monday, and it’s the day i have to face the weight scale, let’s see how i did, wish me luck.

as always any tips or help it’s really aprecciated

well today was a bad/good day, let me explain it, i woke up early and remembered that today was my scale day, shittt!!, so i stepped on the weight scale and mmmm, 115.6kg or 255lbs, that sucked, that was only 800gr less than last week, mmmm i won’t complain like a fat lady, cause i had like 3 cheat meals that week, so here are the consecuences.

then i headed to my boxing classes, when i got there i warmed up carefully my legs and my ankles, and then went to run to the football field, 5 laps, then some pad work, (there was a hot woman who i worked with :)), then 3 rounds on the speed baf and 3 on the heavy bag.

came home and had my protein shake.

Weights

5/3/1 cycle w, week 1

Deadlift

1x5x67kg
1x5x87kg
1x3x102kg

working sets
1x5x127kg
1x5x135kg
1x6x145kg :slight_smile:

BB row
1x6x62kg
5x10x77kg

Good mornings
1x6x50kg
5x10x70kg

Lat pull downs
5x10x54.5kg (progressing)

the best part of this day was that a woman looked at me and told me- you’ve lost weight, you look better, damn this made me happy.

ok so 3 weeks since i started seriously wiht box and diet and already lost 4.4kg or 9.7lbs

shitt, running in the morning gets harder each day, but i do it anyway :), boxing classes are going very well, i’m still improving my endurance so i can last more than just one round, so i’ll keep putting some effort.

Damn thought i only have dieted for almost 4 weeks, hell it has been a long track, and hell i’m not even close to my goal, but i’ll go on, no matter what, even if it takes me 50 weeks, but i wont lie, it’s frustating to still having a huge gut, but it only encourages me to train harder.

Today training session

5/3/1 bench press, cycle 2 week 1

1x5x40kg
1x5x49kg
1x3x58kg

working sets
1x5x70kg
1x5x75kg
1x7x80kg

Incline DB bench press
2x10x22kg
1x8x22kg
2x10x19kg

Bench press
3x10x50kg (pecs were really tired)

here the good one

FULL CONTACT TWIST (core exercise)
5x5x15kg+ 9kg bar

Tuchavito,

You are working really hard and I give you a lot of credit. I have a friend that went from 125kg to 98kg in about 6 months from training hard and eating right. You will do it too!

You may want to read the 5/3/1 book again. Unless you made some changes to it on purpose. It looks like you are using sets of 5 for all of your work sets leading up to the last max rep set. One week should be sets of 5, the next week sets of 3, and the following week a set of 5, a set of 3, and a set of 1+.

Best of luck to you I will be following along.

[quote]mrodock wrote:
Tuchavito,

You are working really hard and I give you a lot of credit.[/quote]
thanks a lot man, now i know i’m doing well :).

[quote]
I have a friend that went from 125kg to 98kg in about 6 months from training hard and eating right. You will do it too! [/quote]

thanks man, these 4 weeks have been really hard (i’m serious), but i have a killing desire, something i can’t explain, something that keeps me going on, something that won’t let me fail, something i’ve been looking for a while, and i’m gonna succeed, thanks for the encourage man.

jaja, my bad, after finishing my first cycle i read the book again, and realized that i wasted some precious energy, but now that i noticed i’ll follow the program as it’s supposed to be.

thanks man, been watching your log, sick trainings man, good luck too

today i was feeling really good, so when i got to the boxing gym i made a quick warm up and headed to the foot ball field, but this was a weird one, there were two courts (one next to the other) so it was a long field, so i walked one lap and then started jogging, i was listening slipknot and korn songs so i got really primed, i made 3 laps running and 3 jogging, then did some shadow box, then 2 rounds of pad work ( the guy i was training with was like 140 lbs and he got pissed off 'cause i punched “too hard” he said), then made 7 rounds on the heavy bag (power punching), 3 round on the spped bag and that was all, ended up swaeaty.

later at evening

5/3/1 cycle 2, week 1

Squat
1x5x60kg
1x5x70kg
1x3x82kg

working sets
1x5x103kg
1x5x110kg
1x6x117kg (started leaning forward so i ended the set)

Front squat
4x6x60kg

i don’t know what happened here, i tried and couldnt go over 6 reps (no muscle failure, no pump)i think it was because of the previous squat, so i think i’ll drop front squats volume.

Romain deadlift
1x5x60kg

4x10x80kg

these were easy but at the end of the fourth set i felt really tired, so i just made 4 sets.

hanged knee raises
4x15

i think that i’m taking too much volume on the acesory work, i think i’ll drop it to 4x10 or 5x8-something like that, you know it’s only accesory work and i don’t want to burn out.

Todays menu:

Meal one: 3 fried eggs, two slices of whole wheat bread, 1 litter of cold water :slight_smile:
Meal two: protein shake (30 gr of protein, + some chocolate powder), 15 almonds
Meal three: 4 scrambled eggs, lots of veggies, two slices of whole wheat bread
meal four: protein shake (30 gr of protein, + some chocolate powder), 10 almonds
meal five: 150 gr of pork steak, 1 slice of whole wheat bread
meal six: 5 almonds,one teaspoonful of peanut butter

lots of water between meals, it helps me to keep cravings away

as planed i had a fourth training session, i felt really good and like the feeling of having made some exercise.

5/3/1 cycle 2, week 1

Push press
1x5x29kg
1x5x38kg
1x3x44kg

Working sets
1x5x54kg
1x5x60kg
1x6x63kg (gotta work on my technique)

Accesory

One arm DB clean & press
4x5x20kg

Full contact twist :slight_smile:
4x5x20kg +9kg bar

ended with some light stretching and a couple of rounds of shadow boxing (to cool down).

shitttt, damnnnn, so happy, today i woke up early and went to the bathroom ,i war really nervous, today was the day i had to weight my self, uffff!!, i was actually looking for excuses for not to do it, but i had to, so i took the weight scale, turned it on and steppen on, and damnnnnm, 114.1kg or 251lbs, that is a 1.5kg, coool.

that’s really rewarding, cause you know, it ain’t fucking easy to diet, but in doing it, so i fot really primed and went to my boxing classes, there i warme up walking to laps to the field (the bigger one), then gave 5 lasp jogging and 1 more walking to cooldown, no pad work today, but i did 3 round on speed bag and 5 rounds on the heavy bag, that was it, then came home and had my shake.

i’ll post later my DL session, ufff

ufff, great training, i’m really tired and happy.

5/3/1 cycle2, week 1

The all mighty

DEADLIFT
1x5x67kg
1x5x87kg
1x3x102kg

working sets
1x3x127kg
1x3x132kg
1x6x155kg PR!!!(i guess this finally gives me my 400lbs pull, :slight_smile: fucking great)

BB row
1x6x62kg
5x8x82kg (loved these ones)

Good mornings
1x6x50kg
5x10x70kg

Lat pulldown
5x10x60kg

shitt, good session, it was hard i gotta admit, but i’m really happy 'cause i almost taste my 400 DL, lets see how i do next week reping 160kg, if i do 4 or more reps i think i got my 400lbs pull, will be waitning for the next monday.

i love mondays, it’s the day that the scale shows me that i’m closer to be lean and lots of DL PR’s

mmm, today was a shitty day, a really bad one, i woke up like at 6 am and went running to the bathroom, i had diarrhea, damn, i felt week and without motivation, so i didn’t go to my boxing class, i decided to stay and rest, i had my meals as always, but damn, i was really tempted to quit, or at least have a bunch of junk food, and then i just calmed down, drunk one litter of water and started thinking on my progrees and all what i’ve been trough to get here, damn i’m really pleased.

you know, before starting my transformation mmm i was kind of mmm pathetic, some days i could drink 2 litters of soda, have 1 or 2 bags of doritos, lots of bread, tortillas, sugary foods etc, ufff, just thinking about that made me peace out and stay on the right track, so what i did was just to add a big banana to my protein shake, and felt better, so decided to make a little work out.

Two arms DB snatch

5x10x8kg

5 rounds of shadow boxing.

not much, but i felt really better and i killed my guilt of not having trained box today, ufff just one bad day, i’m still gonna make it.

i was busy yesterday, but here is the training i did.

5/3/1 cycle 2, week 2

Bench press
1x5x39kg
1x5x49kg
1x3x59kg

working sets
1x3x70kh
1x3x75kg
1x5x83kg

shitt, i just can’t seem to improve my bench, i guess 5/3/1 wiil help, i’ll just make the workouts, won’t care if i don’t get PR’s

BBB bench press
5x10x50kg

Real lateral raises
3x10x8kg

Full contact twist
1x5x15kg

4x5x25kg
Great exercise, maybe it’s just mental, but my punching power got better since i included this exercise.

[quote]tuchavito wrote:
mmm, today was a shitty day, a really bad one, i woke up like at 6 am and went running to the bathroom, i had diarrhea, damn, i felt week and without motivation, so i didn’t go to my boxing class, i decided to stay and rest, i had my meals as always, but damn, i was really tempted to quit, or at least have a bunch of junk food, and then i just calmed down, drunk one litter of water and started thinking on my progrees and all what i’ve been trough to get here, damn i’m really pleased.

you know, before starting my transformation mmm i was kind of mmm pathetic, some days i could drink 2 litters of soda, have 1 or 2 bags of doritos, lots of bread, tortillas, sugary foods etc, ufff, just thinking about that made me peace out and stay on the right track, so what i did was just to add a big banana to my protein shake, and felt better, so decided to make a little work out.

Two arms DB snatch

5x10x8kg

5 rounds of shadow boxing.

not much, but i felt really better and i killed my guilt of not having trained box today, ufff just one bad day, i’m still gonna make it.

[/quote]

You will be successful. If you can keep on going through the tough times, then nothing will get in your way.

[quote]mrodock wrote:
tuchavito wrote:

You will be successful. If you can keep on going through the tough times, then nothing will get in your way.[/quote]

hey thanks a lot man, you know something really good heppened on friday, i was doing some pad work, i was working with a dude with experience, so i was hitting fast and hard, almost at the end of the third round i noticed that my couch and some ladies were staring at me and i heard that he told them that i was training really hard, and that he expected a lot from me.

god that made me really happy, when i finished all the ladies (they are mother of some kids that take classes also) told me that i was a good looking guy and that in less than a few months i will look incredible, damn, so effort started showing some results :slight_smile:

on friday i made a really intense boxing training, at the end i was starving, so my trainer bought some roast beef and i ate like 3 pieces, that was my cheat meal :).

when i got home i inmediatly had my shake and than made my leg training, ufffff, finishing i took a shower and went out to hel my sister to move, (a lot of stuff, so sad my legs were so goddamn tired).

here is the training i did.

5/3/1 cycle2, week 2

Squat
(i used a very wide stance, it felt great)
1x5x54kg
1x5x69kg
1x3x82kg

working sets
1x3x103kg
1x3x110kg
1x6x123kg

i had 1 or 2 reps more to give, but my quads were really pumped, i think it was because of the unusual stance i used.

Front squats
5x8x64kg

Romain DL’s
1x6x59kg
5x10x88kg

Hanging knee raises
4x15
1x12

i loved the squats, with the wide stance my lower back felt a lot better, they were even easy.

my today training session.

5/3/1 cycle 2, week 2

Push press
1x5x29kg
1x5x39kg
1x3x44kg

working sets
1x3x54kg
1x3x60kg
1x5x67.5kg

damn i almost sliped with the sweat on the floor, so i just made 5 reps.

Single arm DB clean & push press
1x5x10kg
1x5x20kg

3x5x25kg DB (sweated a lot)

Full contact twist
1x3x15kg+bar
1x3x25kg

4x5x30kg+9kg bar

i’m really happy with my progress so far, but i really want more, i’m not even at the half of the road, i kind of feel proud, when i started this log there were like 3 or 4 more fat loss logs, so sorry than they gave up. but good luck to those who are still fighting.

jeje i had too much free time, so i had a brief training, a complex

warm up     working sets

Front squat 6x20kg 5x6x30kg

BB row 6x20kg 5x6x30kg

Romain DL 6x20kg 5x6x30kg

Hang clean 6x20kg 5x6x30kg

Squat 6x10kg 5x6x30kg

90 seconds rest between complex, no rest between exercises, sweated a lot and really liked, though i think i could have used more weight, so i’ll repeat on tuesday and again next saturday.

damn guyss, i’m desesperating, when i’m doing nothing i feel like i could do something to improve more, this is getting hardcore, so i think i’ll add one session of complexes on non-weights days, today i did the following.

Deadlift
Romain DL
BB row
Power Clean
Push press
Back squat

i did 3 reps of each exercise, no rest between exercises, i used 40kg and rested 60 sec between sets. 8 total sets.

i’ll repeat this complex on tuesday, but i’ll try to do 5 reps per exercise and work up to 10 total sets.

Tomorrow i’ll weight my self, i hope i lost at least 3 pounds or 1.5kg, also tomorrow i’ll rep 160 kg on the DL, so i’ll see if i’m close to my 400lbs pull.

wish me luck

bitter-sweet day, today i steped on the scale and mmmm just 1kg dowm 113kg or 249lbs, i expected a little more, but it stills really good.

i’ll definitly drop DB push press from my saturday session, my left shoulder was hurting, i couldn’t get a good boxing training, i don’t want to agrraviate the injury, so i didn’t do pad work, in stead i ran 6 laps to the big field (very proud) and some heavy bag work.

Here comes the good part.

5/3/1 cycle2, week 3

The all mighty

DEADLIFT

1x5x67kg
1x5x87kg
1x3x102kg

working sets
1x5x127kg
1x3x137kg
1x5x160kg (damn, i just made than fucking bar my BITCH!!!, she screamed a lot but had no mercy :wink:

BB row
6x62kg
9x67kg
8x72kg
6x87kg
7x92kg (really good).

Good mornings
1x6x49kg

5x10x69kg

Lat pulldown

5x10x60kg

Fucking aawesome training session, really proud of the deadlift, but i’ll go for more, i’ll rep 170kg next cycle, and now will pursuit the 500 DL!!!, yeah baby yeahhh