24Y/O Male, Low Libido & Energy, Brain Fog

Hello! I’m a 24yo guy from germany and I have already desperately seen a lot of doctors without any diagnosis by now… hopefully you guys can give me some kind of advice:

-age 24
-height 6.1
-weight 165
-describe body and facial hair
full beard, low hair on chest, normal pubic and arm pit hair

-describe where you carry fat and how changed
I guess I could still use some more pounds :wink:

-health conditions, symptoms [history]
I was into thriathlon for about three years and only weighed about 140lbs at 6.1… I stopped because of low energy, frequent colds usw. I also used to have a vegetarian kind of diet in this time.

I switched my diet about two years ago, I eat a lot of meat, eggs etc. at the moment and I ganed about 25lbs.
Unfortunately I still experience a lot of dizzieness, brain fog, low energy, low sex drive and my body feels always cold, especially my hands.
Anyway, I dont have a thermometer at the moment, but I’m going to buy one next week and I will post some more data on my temperatures.

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]
at the moment I try to eat about 2600 - 3200 kcal with about 200g Protein, 80-90g Fat and the rest as CHO, but it may be that I didn’t ate enough for the last month (often only about 2400 kcal), I try to eat more for some time and hopefully I will make some progress

-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]
I’m doing a 5/3/1 style of training for about a year but I hardly do any progress I often feel dizzy while lifting (not more than without…)… I try to stick to the plan anyway because I feel even more weak if I do nothing.
My Squat max is at 230lbs, my DL max is at 308lbs and my bench is at 154lbs (had some shoulder injury what kept my bench from progressing for a while)

-testes ache, ever, with a fever?
yes, i felt a dragging pain in my left test for a while but it’s gone by now - no fever and I didn’t see a doctor for it.

-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed
I normaly have nocturnal erections, morning wood sometimes, not every morning. Definetly less than some years ago.

-lab results with ranges:
Thyroid:
TSH - 0.75 (0-3 - 3.5)
ft3 - 2.38 (1.5 - 5.0)
ft4 - 1.04 (0.7 - 2.0)

unfortunately I don’t have any information about the rT3

they have also tested my thyroid volume and according to the doctor it’s all perfectly fine (15ml volume)…

Hormones (about 8am in the morning)
E2 - 8,9 (0-45)
SHBG - 50.1 (10-57)
Testosteron - 6.58 (2.49 - 8.36)
f. Andr. Index - 45.57 (15-95)
LH - 2.7 (1.5 - 12.4)
FSH - 2.5 (1.5 - 12.4)
Prolaktin - 4.3 (4.04 - 15.2)
STH - 2.31+ (0-1)
IGF-1 - 252 ng/ml (no normal range)
Cortisol - 185.5 ng/ml (no normal range)

I read the guide on Iodine and figured I may be deficiant. I never used iodinized salt but I try to eat fish 2-3 times per week (always thought I’m fine with that…)
I ordered some Iodoral 12,5 mg

would you recommend to try filling up on iodine?
I thought about 50mg/week for two weeks followed by two weeks of 25mg?

How much selenium would you recommend?
I still hope I can push my thyroid hormones and testosterone naturally…

Any advice is appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!

If you get a multi-vitamin that had trace elements, including iodine and selenium, that should be good. No need for a product for selenium only.

You feel cold easily.
Are outer eyebrows sparse?

What is STH?

E2 is low and SHBG is high. That is not right.

"SHBG levels increase with estrogenic states (oral contraceptives), pregnancy, hyperthyroidism, cirrhosis, anorexia nervosa, and certain drugs. Long-term calorie restriction of more than 50 percent increases SHBG, while lowering free and total testosterone and estradiol. "

With high SHBG, more T is bound to SHBG [SHBG+T], which is not bioavailable.
Can you test for free testosterone [FT] there?

TSH looks good, but fT3 and fT4 are both low and should be near midrange.

If you are iodine deficient, TSH should be elevated.

LH/FSH are low, for a young ,male and E2 and prolactin are not the reason. Perhaps something is going on with estrONE [E1] and esTRIol [E3]

So there are two odd things in your lab work.

Triathletes are NOTORIOUS for causing their own adrenal fatigue as well as lowering their testosterone. I love cycling and swimming but during the season all those miles add up and your hormones suffer. Overtraining causes testosterone to drop and the adrenal gland to be fatigued. Normally they reverse if you take time off or stop all together.