24Y/O - Aus Blood Test. Low T, High Prolactin. Help

Hey guys,

So I just got back my blood test results and it seems I was right. My T levels are low.

Height - 175 CM
Weight - 62 KG
Age - 24

Blood Test Results:

Testosterone:

Total Testosterone: 17.8 nmol/L - 513 ng/dL
Free Testosterone: 2.83% (Calculated from this website - Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator)
SHBG: 18 nmol/L
Albumin: 43 g/L
Estradiol E2: 99 pmol/L
Prolactin: 650 mIU/L (High)

Thyroid

TSH: 1.66 mIU/L
TPOAb: 0.3 IU/mL
TGAb: 2.3 IU/mL

FT4,FT3, RT3 - I told him precisely, but he still didn’t do it. Don’t know why.

Diabetes

HbA1c: 5.1
GHB: 32 mmol/mol

Other Tests:

EDIT:

Full blood count: Normal

Hemoglobin: 144 g/L (130-180)
Ferritin: 50 ug/L (30-300)
Hct: 0.44 (0.38-0.54)

What do you guys think I should do? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

~Mike.

Bumping. Anyone?

You are located where?

Please directly edit your post above, find pencil icon, and edit to add lab ranges to the results. Also see if you can get a calculated FT absolute with range and not just %.

Hi prolactin levels are often from prolactin secreting pituitary adinomas. A MRI is needed to see what is going on. Perhaps a second prolactin lab to confirm. Should not be ignored as it can become large and press on the optic nerves. Can typically be managed well with 0.5mg/week Dostinex/cabergoline, do not panic.

For prolactin lab: Avoid these things for 3 days that cause prolactin increases - hugging {babies | puppies | kittens} and orgasms.

%FT=2.83 is higher than typical, but easily explained by lower SHBG.

Blood count:
please provide with ranges - hematocrit, RBC, hemoglobin, ferritin

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Thanks for the reply KSman. Located in Sydney. Edited the post.

The doc wants me to do a Head CT scan. Should I tell him to write MRI instead? I don’t want to do CT scan if I don’t have to.

And do you think lowering the Prolactin levels will increase T levels?