24 Years Old: 5'4 142lbs

I’ve decided to start my own progress log. A few years of phaffing about with trying to gain or lose, gain or lose and really just spinning my wheels.

The bulk of my training has been low rep, lot’s of rest and heavier weights. My body:strength ratio has always been pretty good, and my shorter limbs has been a benefit in this area.

The current pics are after 3 months of no consistent training, partying and poor nutrition.

After the advice from another thread I a going to concentrate on gaining mass and getting above the 160lb mark.

Back in training mode and ready to gain some mass and hopefully hit some new PR’s along the way.

Here is my nutrition plan breakdown:

Calories 18xbw = ~2500 cals

Protein @ 1g/lb = ~140g
Fat = ~100g
Carbs = ~ 250g

These are my starting macros and I will adjust accordingly - possibly up the carbs a bit as my weight increases with a view to dropping the fat a tad.

You would probably get more people to comment if you put your log in the “training log” section of the site.

[quote]CPFC_1905 wrote:
Back in training mode and ready to gain some mass and hopefully hit some new PR’s along the way.

Here is my nutrition plan breakdown:

Calories 18xbw = ~2500 cals

Protein @ 1g/lb = ~140g
Fat = ~100g
Carbs = ~ 250g

These are my starting macros and I will adjust accordingly - possibly up the carbs a bit as my weight increases with a view to dropping the fat a tad.[/quote]
A bit more protein probably would do you some good… I have heard closer to 1.5 grams per pound is better if you want to add muscle…

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:
A bit more protein probably would do you some good… I have heard closer to 1.5 grams per pound is better if you want to add muscle…[/quote]

Thanks, as said I these are my starting macro’s.

I will see how I get on at 1g/lb and look to bump it up if progress is slow.

I am following Layne Norton’s PHAT training - modified to match the equipment available in my gym. 2 strength days and 3 hypertrophy days each week.

Week 1 is complete: I have never done body part split training (full body whore) - my word it is so different to anything I have done before. Where as I may do 1 or 2 exercises per body part per workout, I am now doing 3 or 4.

Just gotta keep consistent.

I’d try to even out the carbs/protein to 200/200 or something around that

[quote]akmcsnarfy wrote:
I’d try to even out the carbs/protein to 200/200 or something around that[/quote]
I like that idea