T Nation

24 Year Old With Low T-Levels

Hey guys, Im a complete newbie, I found this site and figured someone would help me. I’ll keep this brief.

In the past 2 years, my sex drive has been slowing down, and so have my body-building gains. I became less able to concentrate, etc … I researched the matter a little and found low T to be a good suspect.

I went to my general doctor, he took a simple metabolic blood panel, along with total testosterone. Everything turned out normal … except Testosterone was 420 on a range of 350 - 1100.

I dont drink, I dont smoke, and I hit the gym 4 times a week. It seems obvious to me that 450 is not right. I couldnt find any possible explanation for this.

After doing way more googleing than is humanly possible, I came across the “Varicocele”. I checked myself and I have one (on the left side, as expected) for sure! Uh-oh, could this be the problem?

Now Im super worried about this. Can a varicocele damage the testitcle beyond repair? I already scheduled a doctors appt. to get more tests done … and I do NOT want to go on TRT.

Does anyone have any advice on what tests to get? How about experience with this kind of situation?? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shafik

Not too much help I can give, but I am in the same boat. 24 years old, got two blood tests.

Results of first:

Tot Test - 447
Free Test - 11.6

Doc wasn’t concerned as he said it varies, and told me to try again in
a month, so I just got the results back from that one:

Tot Test - 405
Free Test - 10.3

I almost don’t want to go back for another because I’m worried it will be lower yet…

I would tell you to get another one, with total T, free T. There are other things that can help pinpoint it… FSH, LH, estradiol, etc. Check out some articles here and search for it on lef.org for more info.

[quote]shafik23 wrote:
Hey guys, Im a complete newbie, I found this site and figured someone would help me. I’ll keep this brief.

In the past 2 years, my sex drive has been slowing down, and so have my body-building gains. I became less able to concentrate, etc … I researched the matter a little and found low T to be a good suspect.

I went to my general doctor, he took a simple metabolic blood panel, along with total testosterone. Everything turned out normal … except Testosterone was 420 on a range of 350 - 1100.

I dont drink, I dont smoke, and I hit the gym 4 times a week. It seems obvious to me that 450 is not right. I couldnt find any possible explanation for this.

After doing way more googleing than is humanly possible, I came across the “Varicocele”. I checked myself and I have one (on the left side, as expected) for sure! Uh-oh, could this be the problem?

Now Im super worried about this. Can a varicocele damage the testitcle beyond repair? I already scheduled a doctors appt. to get more tests done … and I do NOT want to go on TRT.

Does anyone have any advice on what tests to get? How about experience with this kind of situation?? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shafik[/quote]

Are you a vegetarian by chance? Or do you consume a large amount of soy?

Nope, I eat 5-6 meals a day and they almost always contain animal protien.

during a Poliquin seminar I learned that cortisol to testosterone ratio is more important than total or free.

Try getting a saliva stress test done that also does t levels.

Eating lots of Protein and training does not ensure high t levels. in fact that can lower your t levels if you have elevated cortisol, or do alott of cardio. or eat few fats

Try UPPING YOUR GOOD FATS< especially saturated, cream, eggs, oliveoil,and omega 3s. at least 100 g a day.

there are so many factors that can affect t levels. High estrogen, heavy metals, overly acidic, low calories, high insulin levels.

my two cents,
up your calories, and fats, no cardio,
take TRIBEX and Rez V, don’t limit carbs, make sure to get enough fruits and vegetables to counteract your dietary acids. Follow a massive eating protocol to up your calories.

youll be walking around with a boner all day long in like two weeks.

Im just about 20, and have had no sex drive for over a year. Here are some threads that might give you some useful advice

www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25082
www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20505

I had a blood test recently but havent had a chance to hear the results yet. I need to find the phone number of the Dr (I dont live there any more).

[quote]shafik23 wrote:

Thanks,
Shafik

[/quote]

dont panic …ok …just go and buy 2 books of rob faigin NATURAL HORMONE ENHANCEMENT AND HORMONALLY INTELLEGIENT EXCERCISE
This 2 books will help u a lot and ur test levels will be allright …its manily our diet which is low in fat and again …what time u workout what type of excercise u use ur total lifestlye all depends and this books will correct all the missing links .

and more then anything the more u get jacked up the problem will get more fire …just let it go from ur mind read this books it will help u immensly …and this site has a thread call anabolic diet …pls do read that thread …i do follow that diet …and not ony u will have dramatic strenght gains u will be leaner and more harder then u ever were

all the best …read those books and the thread …belive me ur life will change for good