24 Year Old T and E

Got an appt for next week to go see an actual endo. Let’s see how that works out.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:
Might want to get proper e2 testing done which is senitive assay not ultra or rapid. The ultrasensitive had me high and when I ran the other sensitive assay I was actually low. Test can be miss leading if the proper ones are not ordered. Make sure you get the properl ones next time 4021x (13-54).

I have ran hundreds of test on patients and I have seen a huge variation once this was adjusted then treat ment was correct symptoms started to resolve. HRT can be very tricky some times and just needs a good understanding not to base things on tests, but symptoms instead.[/quote]

I thought the ultrasensitive was the way to go because it made it possible to see <29 or whatever. That way I can see if I am even remotely close to the recommended 22.[/quote]

I was a victim of the ultrasensitive test as well as many others. I kept bringing it crisler’s attention about how off it for 2 years of bad rollercoaster ride. Finally he moved his guys to sensitive essay from quest 4021x and lab corp 3-70 and things seem to level out for many people on this rollercoaster ride. I had several reading of <2 and I had e2 like symptoms of being high which when tested properly it showed. I am just giving you my personal experience. e2 ultrasensitive is desigened for breast cancer not TRT.

I did a search and found that arimidex has a side effect of sore throats but only seemed to find that listed as a side on the breast cancer sites- no reference to this problem on any BB/HRT/etc sites. I have gone on/off arimidex 3 separate times for different reasons and I find that after 1-2 weeks back on I seem to get a sore throat every time.

Any ideas? It makes it painful to swallow but I know getting off arimidex brings back the head fog and other issues.

Going to get another set of labs today. Last test said T in the high 8’s and E of 28. I question this so we are retesting. E of 28 was 7 days post last dose of adex (16drops). That puts me at ~2-4 drops at the time of labs due to half-life. Right now I am 4 drops every day.

Another issue I have run across is I have lost sensitivity in my penis. I am still getting wood sometimes but I seem to have lost feeling. A little research shows that I could be taking E2 too low. This would probably agree with my labs. I will cut back after the test but could still use some advice.

I did a search and found that arimidex has a side effect of sore throats but only seemed to find that listed as a side on the breast cancer sites- no reference to this problem on any BB/HRT/etc sites. I have gone on/off arimidex 3 separate times for different reasons and I find that after 1-2 weeks back on I seem to get a sore throat every time.

[/quote]

interesting. Have you had your Thyroid numbers checked?

I wonder if the sore throat could be linked to aggravation of the Thyroid gland (which is on your throat basically). We know that hormones and the Thyroid seem to have some impact on each other.

and yes, loss of sensation can be a sign of too low or too high estrogen - I experienced it when my E2 was at or above 40 and when my E2 was below 15.

Yea. I have had just about everything checked I feel like. Doc (and PA) reported my reverse t3 levels are higher than my t3 levels. This is going to be something we make adjustments to after the blood work comes back.

Just got the blood work done. Have to pee in a big tub for 24hrs too. That should be fun and makes for a good coversation starter haha.

Here are all the vitamins, chems, etc I am on as of TOMORROW (few changes made):
-6000iu Vit D
-4000mcg B12
-50mg Zn
-500mg Mg
-.125mg Arimidex EOD (or .06 every day- easier for my schedule)
-18g glutamine
-MultiVitamin http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1313&sourceType=cs&source=FG&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-googleproduct-_-Especially%20For%20Men%20-%20300%20Tablets%20-%20Men's%20Multivitamins-_-VS-1313&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=VS-1313

Here are all the vitamins, chems, etc I am on as of TOMORROW (few changes made):
-6000iu Vit D
-4000mcg B12
-50mg Zn
-500mg Mg
-.125mg Arimidex EOD (or .06 every day- easier for my schedule)
-18g glutamine
-MultiVitamin http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-1313&sourceType=cs&source=FG&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-googleproduct-_-Especially%20For%20Men%20-%20300%20Tablets%20-%20Men's%20Multivitamins-_-VS-1313&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=VS-1313
[/quote]

x2, except I’m not taking glutamine and am taking a higher dose of Adex (.14 mg EOD).

I haven’t decided on a multi yet, but those look fine. You went with those instead of the Krantz Prime Nutrients or whatever it was called?

What was the range for your TT test? They didn’t use the same range for this one as they did the last one for mine, so I have no idea how to compare the two.

Glutamine is to help me repair my GI tract from the Celiac’s disease (btw people, I have celiacs now, yay!) I’m just going to drop down the adex dose and see how I respond. Maybe I can keep the boners, gain sensitivity, and resist the brain fog. That’d be great!

I have no idea what Krantz thing you are talking about. This is just the multi I bought for myself forever ago that I am still taking. I had/have about 3yrs worth of multis laying around

Never saw my labs. They were mailed, right? I haven’t been home to check them out. Would the range (range of normal) really matter? I see they are both in ng/dL. I don’t think the range should effect anything- that is just what is considered “normal” to them; the range for what they may find out of control. I still think it shows an improvement of 190ng/dL. Just my opinion…

I am going to stop taking adex for a few days and see how this gluten free diet + all these vitamins are making me feel (hopefully with full rest). Having a lot of trouble ejaculating and I want to see if it’s the adex causing this.

like PureChance said, after reading your posts I believe you took it too low at one point and cutting it back when you got your “wood” back would be a good reference point im betting for the “sweet spot” id play with it (the dex dosage haha) and see what feels best. I wish you luck man.

Quest has been incredible slow with getting lab results in past few times. I do not know what the hold up is, but will let you know when they do come in. Sucks that quest has not linked up their data bases so we can view results from patients all around the country. It make things so much easier…You also have to check multivitamin for gluten as well because it can hide. Correcting the thyroid rt3 can also correct the e2 as well, but the rt3 is coming from the stress of the gluten in your diet for a long long time.

So with 4drops every day my lab results came back (after a second batch for confirmation). T was 871 and E2 was 26. Not sure what I did that changed it but that is 2x what I saw a few months ago. Maybe taking arimidex to flush my system of E2 “unclogged the drain” and now I am running ok?

What does this mean though? I still experience low energy, decrease of libido, trouble with bf and muscle. Have the changes on the cellular level not taken place? Are my thyroid T3 numbers still causing an issue? What did the 24hr urine and prolactin results say? These are all questions I need to pose to the doctor and PA when I have my consult.

I have been off arimidex for almost a week. Sore throat is gone and I don’t have any brain fog. But E2 was at 26 w/ 4drops ED. Should I try again?

why did you stop arimidex again? 26 E2 looks just about perfect. why do so many people go the all or nothing route? Moderation + slow steady incremental changes are key.

post your other test results once you know them.

I stopped b/c of problems with a sore throat and then having low libido, lack of sensitivity, and lack of ejaculation. Now that I am off, the only known change has been my sore throat is gone.

Only tests performed in the labs this last week were T, E2, prolactin, and 24hr T. I’ll drop those in when I know them.

Soooo many other tests were performed when I went to the doc there is no way I could list them all.

so it doesn’t sounds like E2 is the cause. I would stay on the Arimidex with 26 E2 levels.

It could be imbalances with D3, ferritin, cortisol, DHEA-S, Pregnenelone, free T, SHBG, B12, free T3, etc.

Doc is going to work to correct the imbalance between T3 and reverse T3. Hopefully that will get things going. I haven’t really felt any different with the T levels double…

Haven’t been on arimidex in a few weeks. No head fog but I am severely lacking in energy and ED is still present.

Doctor is prescribing 5mcg Cytomel everyday to help clear RT3 and boost T3. We will evaluate along the way and up the dose as needed. Hopefully this will get the energy levels up. Brain fog is pretty much lifted.