24 Year Old Guy, Low T

Hey KSMan, thanks for the prompt response. Just to clarify, I have not yet stopped taking Clomid, I have been in the process of tapering off for a couple weeks, down from 25mg/day to 12.5mg/day, will then be moving to 12.5mg EOD before being off of it. If necessary I can get another pack just to make the transition a little easier.

Symptoms kicked in after about a week of starting the taper off, though my taper-off was a little inconsistent due to a business trip, i.e., “oh shit, I haven’t taken my clomid in two days” “oh shit, did I already take it tonight?”

I will report back with all lab results. Spoke to doctor and he wants me to get the tests after I’ve been off for a month but agrees that the whole panel you listed up above is the best bet. Should I not worry about Anastrazole/HTPA restart at this time?

Your are feeling a drop in T and possible E2 effects as well as possible E2 reducing T.

Your labs will tell the story.

Cool. Will keep everyone posted.

Alright, last question - is there any merit to the idea that I need to wait until I’ve been off for a month before I get my labs? Because I feel like crap NOW, man.

If worse comes to worst I can probably try to find some Clomid somewhere and re-taper off, but I’ve been pretty consistent in my tapering and began to feel like garbage as soon as I dropped below 25mg/day for a few days consecutively (finished taper off with 12.5mg EOD)

@KSMan, just wanted to update.

Two years on, my levels seem to have tanked again, which my doc says is not unheard of, especially after taking Wellbutrin, which I started doing. I’m back on Clomid 25mg/day but I do not IMMEDIATELY feel GREAT like I did last time. Is this to be expected?

I also say they “seem to have tanked again” because bloods will be back on Monday morning. Symptoms are all identical to last time, except worse. I just wanted to check in the interim to make sure my shit isn’t permanently ruined. Ha!

I had been getting regular blood work every 3-6 months and there was little to no variation from normal ranges mentioned earlier in this thread (T levels at approx 800 in the morning, fasted) until about three months ago when I started feeling horrible, and also my insurance ran out and I lost my job so I don’t have a blood test from that point. Like I said, just want to know if my delayed response to Clomid is normal, especially while pushing Wellbutrin out of my system. Starting Wellbutrin seems to be the catalyst here, as that made everything MUCH worse about a month and a half ago, and my doc said that could absolutely have an effect.

Anyway, yeah, just checking in.

Thanks again.

Addendum: looks like Wellbutrin takes about 2-3 weeks to clear out of your system so I’ll hold out until then to panic :wink: