24 y/o - Low Free T, LH, FSH. Thyroid Problem

Hello all,

I am 24 years old man. This is my last hormone results in SI units(3 months old):

TSH: 0.14 mIU/l - overactive thyroid
FT4: 23.07 pmol/l - out of range
Total TST: 17.14 nmol/l
Free TST: 0,27 nmol/l
Estradiol: 106 pmol/l
SHBG: 48 nmol/l
Albumin: 47 g/l
Prolactin: 6 ng/ml
FSH: 1.06 IU/l
LH: 2.01 IU/l

I have issues with ED last 6 months. My endocrinologist said that my thyroid status will be transformed from hyper to hypothyroid(Hashimoto’s disease).
I think that current thyroid status fu*k up my hormones.
Have anybody some experiences with such low hormones(low t,free T,fsh,lh) and high shbg due to thyroid problems please?

I found also this quote from one guy on another website

Blockquote
“Besides estrogen, thyroid hormones can also increase SHBG and lower bioactive, free T** which is seen in people with hyperthyroidism.
Blockquote

I didnt get any medication as this should be transformed to hypo state in next months but i dont want to stay & watch in this state.
Are there any natural herbs or something in order to increase GnRH or LH/FSH directly please?

P.s. Going to gym 3-4times/week with good diet.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Can you please include labs ranges so I can get a better idea where Free T scores within the ranges? By our measurements your Total T is 493 ng/dL which is about midrange and not terrible if SHBG was lower, higher SHBG men require more Total T to have adequate Free T levels.

I see lots of people with hyperthyroidism and great testosterone levels together with healthy LH levels. The process of LH secretion is separate from the secretion of TSH to stimulate the thyroid gland.

You have hyperthyroidism and may have low testosterone. If there was a natural supplement to increase LH we would have no need for TRT. Clomid can raise LH but am unsure since you have hyperthyroidism, Clomid increases SHBG and yours is already close to the top of the range so I’m not sure if it’s a good idea right now.

SHBG scavenages sex hormones and when elevated lowers Free T and increases Total T, in this case Total T should be ignored and LH is a better indication of testosterone production, LH on the lower end means testosterone on the lower end.

You can add FSH as a fertility treatment, it’s very effective and expensive.

1 Like

Of course.

TSH: 0.14 mIU/l - range(0,35-5,10)
FT4: 23.07 pmol/l - range (10,5-22,7)
Total TST: 17.14 nmol/l (7-26)
Free TST: 0,27 nmol/l (0,14-0,53)
Estradiol: 106 pmol/l (0-181)
SHBG: 48 nmol/l (14-94) - I think this range is not up-to-date or incorrect
Albumin: 47 g/l (33-48)
Prolactin: 6 ng/ml (2-17)
FSH: 1.06 IU/l (1-19)
LH: 2.01 IU/l ( 1,21-11,48)

Also I found now bioavailable T → result 6,92 nmol/l (3,39-13,13)

I agree about the SHBG ranges not being up to date, SHBG starts affecting Free T negatively in the 40’s regardless of age. If you can fix thyroid problem be lowering SHBG, you may not need TRT.

You want Free T closer to the top of the ranges, men with high normal testosterone have the least cardiac effects, cardiac events increase in frequently when testosterone dripping below midrange. Testosterone is cardioprotective.