T Nation

24 Months Progress

Looks like its time for my bi-annual progress thread again. Two years of mostly bulking have gone by, and to be honest, I’ve been a little bummed about my progress lately. My goals for the end of this year may or may not happen, and failing goals really takes the wind out of my sails.

In any case, at the end of last year I recomped from 215 to just under 200. Messed around a bit trying to gain weight without eating big meals ALL THE TIME (failed at that) and then went back to real bulking. I’m now sitting at 218 in the morning before food and water.

one year - http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/first_year_progress

One and a half - http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/18_months_progress

Current stats: BW - 218-222
Chest - 46
Shoulders - 54.25
Waist - 37.5 I’m really hoping some of this is back muscle
Thighs - 25.125
Biceps - 16.5
Forearms - 13.5
Calves - 15.25

Lifts:
Bench - 275 - barely budged, but I haven’t really been working on it
Squat - 405 - last time I maxed PL style
DL - 475 with a trap bar. For me, its equivalent to 450 with a straight bar.
[photo]28657[/photo]
[photo]22767[/photo]

Trying to get these pics the same size, but the originals got deleted. Not working out.

[photo]28656[/photo]
[photo]22768[/photo]

Just read the new issue with Kroc talking about how slow his mass gain was. Four years from 187 to 225. Makes my 208 to 218 seem a little less depressing.

Looking at my goals from last year, I was pretty naive to think I could get to a lean 225 by the end of this year. I still want that 3/4/5 plate total by the end of this year, though. I’ll settle for a 500 trap bar DL, and I think I could add 40lbs to my bench by that time if I work it right.

good progress man. Looking bigger and leaner. Keep it up and I’m sure you’ll reach your strength goals. The lean 225 might be a little off but that all depends on what you consider lean? :slight_smile: Looking good though.

.greg.

Looks like you have made some really good progress in two years. Going from 170 with a 35.5 waist to 218 with a 37.5 waist as well as a 5 inch gain on your thighs.

Setup new goals for the rest of this year and post your plan so others can advise.

Thanks guys. I’m going through one of those periods when I’m questioning why the hell I’m doing all of this, so the encouraging words are appreciated.

My new goals for the end of this year are to bench 315, trap bar DL 495 or better, and add another inch or two to the lower portion of my quads.

I haven’t decided on a body weight goal yet. I might just do another short recomp and then continue bulking, but I definitely don’t want to cut until next year.

Bump. As I’ve said before, I like to keep these up at the top for a few days. Y’know, for motivation to do better next time.

Looks like you made some good progress. Out of interest, where is the correct place to measure you thigh muscle? I measured mine a few days ago at 24 inches which is only an inch less than you, but you squat 100 pounds more than me and i’m only 165 and have been training for 8 months. I’m guessing I’m measuring wrong maybe?

I just measure at the biggest point below the glute-ham tie-in. I do, however, take a separate measurement four inches above the top of the knee, which is about 20.5" right now.