24, Low T, Advice Needed

OK, so long story short - had low t symptoms ever since puberty. Was always good at sports until other boys grew bigger and stronger in school. Did read anything on natural hormone optimization out there, of course also the stickie. Nothing helped (no iodine, no Vit. D, no …)

Visited the first doctor at the age of 18 and was at five different doctors ever since (Austria). Male hormone issues are a big red flag here and so it wasn’t a surprise that i got no real help. Three voiced the opinion my low T and my symptoms are something i have to live with. One at least listened but concluded my problems aren’t that bad (he told me asians most of the time don’t develope a beard - wtf!? - as if that is my main concern…).

The last doc was good, but ultimately told me i should come back when i already fathered a kid, cause he doesn’t want to go the T+Hcg route.

Anyhow, i am now at a point where i am 100% sure to take matters into my ow hands. I don’t want to look like a child anymore, i want to enjoy sports again, i want to have energy to tackle tasks on uni and in life and i hate to be skinny fat even if my diet and training is pretty good.

The thing is there are different (oral) routes to go: Clomid + AI or Novaldex. 12,5mg EOD of Clomid or 25mg. Aromasin or Arimidex. And so on and so forth I am just searching for an option which will work more or less for the next 6/7 years. Then i can visit back the doc and jump on TRT.

@KSman - i read a lot of your posts. Your opinion? Thank you a lot!

P.S.: Did a whole lot of labs. They were all common:

T: between 250 and 350
Free T: not as bad as Total T, but always a bit on the low side
E2: normal (middle of the range)
Thyroid: good and also good body temprature.
LH and FSH: both prett low.

Thanks all! Lookin forward to your help.

Please post all lab work with lab ranges.

Note that some do feel horrible on Clomid, other do well. Nolvadex does not do that.

LH/FSH low is a symptom. What is the cause? With young guys, should next test prolactin which would indicate a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma, treatable with 0.5mg/week cabergoline/Dostinex. If width of peripheral vision is reduced, that is a sign, should be near 180 degrees.

Waking body temps are 97.7F or better and 98.6F/37C in afternoon?

and for good measure:

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

1 Like

Nolvadex does decrese IGF-1, i am a bit worried about that fact.

Peripheral vision is good as far is i can say. Trauma (was bullied when i was a kid and yeah kind of rabbit punches were a thing) could be a reason why my pituarity gland isn’t working on full speed.

Body temperature is always over at least 36.5 and i don’t have cold hands or something like that. (salt is iodized in Austria - so there should be no problem).

I will post my labs later, when i am at home.

Thanks!