24 Hour Fast Schedule

Hi Paul

I’d just like to share my current plan - it’s led to some amazing re-comp over the last 4-5 weeks.

I’m nearly 41, live in Bangkok and now have visible abs!! - I’m 178lbs (not quite 6ft)

Monday - Training day (heavy traps and shoulders, some sled dragging) - First meal 10.am (30g carbs, 50g protein, 10g fat) , train at 4,pm (EAA’s), carb and protein shake after (coconut water, banana + whey) hydro, then large post work out meal (lots of carbs and protein) - ABOVE maintenance

Tuesday - metabolic conditioning full body workout (KB’s, rope pulls, sled drabs, KB presses, push-ups, RDL’s) then a 30 minute weighted walk 20lb vest + 20lbs chain. Proten fat meal at 10.am, shake (less carbs) after session, last meal less carbs - BELOW Maintenance

Wed - fast util 6.pm (24 hours since last feeding) 500 cal meal - veggies, protein bit of fat

Thursday - chest and back (some TBDL work as well)
High protein and carb feedings 7.am 12.pm - shake after training and last meal - OVER maintenance

Friday - fast util 6.pm (24 hours since last feeding) 500 cal meal - veggies, protein bit of fat

Saturday - Arms (including chin and JM presses), light shoulders and heavy conditioning (including sled pushes and drags)
Same nutritional strategy as Thursday (few beers in evening)

Sunday - fast until 12.pm, then PF meal, one more meal in evening (with family)

I feel great, am getting stronger and leaner while putting on muscle at a appreciable rate in the right areas (traps, shoulders and arms) Sled (every weight session) work and TBDL work means my legs are still looking and performing well. Just sharing as I incorporated many of your training and nutritional approaches/methodologies - and would like to thank you.

The 24 hour fasts have seemed to help in terms of my bodies ability to use the nutrients provided on the other days more effectively, and my gut health is much better also

Cheers brother

1 Like

This is awesome! Thibs and I are working on a 5/2 fasting program and it’s got a lot of science based around it. But you’re on the right track with this!

Any idea timeframe of the program? would be very interested to try as my goals are more health and longevity related now I’m getting older…

Cheers Paul

I’m going to try a 4/3 approach from next week:
Mon - fast
Tues - train
Wed - fast
Thurs - train
Fri - fast
Sat - train
Sun - train

High carb/protein on training days, 500 cals evening feed on fast days.

Will allow me to get a shit load done at work on fasting days (feel great and really cognitively switched on) and more leeway in terms of diet on weekends.

Might even do an early AM then a later PM session on Tues/Thurs, really high cals - what are your thoughts on this please Paul?

I’m really loving this type in of dieting approach - suits my P profile and genuinely makes me feel great - can go long periods without food no problem when I can eat a big surplus on other days

I’ll keep you posted on progress buddy

Moog :0)

On any high calorie day I’d go really high carb, moderate protein, and really low fat. I would also make sure that on those days you’re not pushing the carbs until AFTER training. And training itself should be very high volume and lots of reps.

Understood, thank you again for your advice and insight Paul

Hey Paul

Just a little feedback in regards to a recent shoulders and traps AM and PM sessions (following your advise about macros and volume)

Had EEA’s and BCAA 15 mins before AM sessions at 5.30.pm (session 40 mins)
A1 - SGHP
15 secs
A2 - Military press (plates attached to BB with bands as enables me to ‘feel’ the press more effectively if that makes sense)
4 x 4-6 on both exercises
B1 - Seated BNP
15 secs
B2 - BB rack shrugs (leaning froward and scraping against the power rack - 4 sec squeeze at top)
4 x 8-10 and both
C - 100 band triceps kick backs (awesome pump)

Post workout shake - 30 grams (whey hydro)P 30g carbs (banana + coconut water)

Post workout meal and lunch (40-50g P, 6-8g F and 60-80g carbs)

PM (around 4.30.pm) - pre work out same as AM
A - chest supported wide grip BB row ( 3 sec squeeze of scapular)
(hip and ankle mobility in between sets) 4 x 12-15
B1 - v-raise
15 secs
B2 - incline lateral raises
Both 3 x 12-15

C1 - plate raises
15 secs
C2 - chest supported KB shrugs
Both 3 x 12- 15

D1 - kb press (5 low partials, 5 high partials, 10 full reps)
15 sec
D2 - Band pull-a parts (20-25)
3 sets

Post works out shake as before, post workout meal 60g protein, 10g fat, 150g carbs

Felt strong, great pumps (esp PM session, but still good Am with stored carbs from last high carb day)

LOVED IT, thanks again for the feedback. Fasting today (feel great) , big chest and back AM and PM sessions scheduled for tomorrow)

Moog (Mike)

1 Like