24/03/07 Comp + Few Lifts

Those are some real good numbers…Nice squats too…you’re a beast

very impressive.

[quote]Seattle_Lifter wrote:
Impressive lifting Koing! Way to go.

I really appreciate the critiques you give to others on their lifting programs and videos. Thanks for your contributions. I’ll have to to post some videos soon.

Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Cheers. If people want help I’ll help out where I can. I’m lucky to have a great coach and a very good club with a bunch of lifters about.

[quote]agr117 wrote:
Those are some real good numbers…Nice squats too…you’re a beast[/quote]

I’m a beast when I start hitting 135/160 :). I should get on to those numbes within 2-3yrs. It’ll be interesting to see how much more I can get in this year and how the next few years will progress.

I’ve noticed when people get on to 130/160-170 the gains are slow for guys @ 85Kg in England. They hardly progress at all from year to year.

Koing

sick numbers keep the PRs coming
i like your screams.

Koing,

In another thread you sketched out your 8 session per week lifting schedule.

…Any chance you could go into more detail?
I’m sure we could all benefit from seeing your ‘template’ as it were.

With that much frequency -I’m supposing that each session is relatively short/low volume/high intensity.

What’dya say mate?

peace

[quote]digitalairair wrote:
sick numbers keep the PRs coming
i like your screams.[/quote]

cheers, haha, EVERYONE points that out but I guess I don’t see many lifter scream about at most of the comps I see. It just feels natural to let loose and scream. I’m not even aware of it to be honest.

[quote]Pauli D wrote:
Koing,

In another thread you sketched out your 8 session per week lifting schedule.

…Any chance you could go into more detail?
I’m sure we could all benefit from seeing your ‘template’ as it were.

With that much frequency -I’m supposing that each session is relatively short/low volume/high intensity.

What’dya say mate?

peace[/quote]

My schedule is split as follows:

Mon: Lunch Squat: Evening OLift
Tue: Lunch Upperbody : Evening Hurdling
Wed: Lunch Squat : Evening OLift
Thur: Lnnch Upperbody : Evening Hurdling (not that often, usually when I am on a recovery week OLift wise)
Fri: Lunch Squat
Sat: Lunch OLift

Squats at lunchtimes about 3-4-5hrs before my evening session, depending on when I go to lunch I do my squats. My % cycle about a lot so no two sessions are the exactly same, but they may be similar.

My bread and butter was: 80% 6reps x 5sets.

Now my % cycle about a lot more depending on what week of my cycle my coach has for me but they usually go like so:

Progressive week
Progressive week (increase reps and average weights)
Impact week 90-95% week heavy,
Recovery week 70%
Impact week
Recovery week
Progressive week
Progressive week

My coach picks my exercises to address my weak points. But the template is as follows:

I have 2 sessions. Snatch and Clean and Jerk sessions. These just alternate.

A:
Snatch :
Ex1: Snatch lift [Snatch, Snatch from hang, PS, Snatch from Hang]
3reps x 5sets
Ex2: Snatch if I hadn’t done full Snatch first of all
2-3reps x 2-3sets
Ex3: Technical to address weakness
Ex4: Pulls [Pulls from mid thigh, halting pulls, dynamic pulls from mid th igh (bounce in to the start o the 2nd pull position then do the pull)]
Ex5: Ab exercise [Decline weighted sit ups, isometric obique holds, dragon flags, bulkoffs, knee raisers, hanging leg circles]

B:
Clean and Jerk
Ex1: Clean and Jerk lift [C&J, Clean from Mid thigh & J, PC & PJ, halting Clean and Jerks]
Ex2: C&J if I didn’t do the full lifts
Ex3: Technical [PJ, Behind Neck split Jerk, Behind Neck PJ, rack Jerks
Ex4: Pulls [Pulls from mid thigh, halting pulls, dynamic pulls from mid th igh (bounce in to the start o the 2nd pull position then do the pull)]
Ex5: Back [weighted hyper extensions]

Front Squat on Snatch days
Back Squat on C&J days

On my Impact weeks I do both in the same session and I get battered :stuck_out_tongue:

Hurdling sessions I do my sprint drills, hurdle drills and do appropiate sprint / hurdle distances and technical runs according to the coach. Been doing this for the past 4months or so. A lot of fun but seriously tiring. They also do a circuit at the end of some sessions and that royally f0cks me!

Upperbody Tue:
Bench press: 12reps x 3sets
Whatever this exercise is called:
I lie face down on a bench, and my arms move about if I was about to fly but with a DB in each hand. Reverse DB flys? Again 12reps x 3sets
Sot Press (MP when your in the bottom of a front squat position/ pull ups)
Abs: 2sets, less reps, see exercises from above

Upperbody Thu:
Incline bench press; 12reps x 3sets but now switching over to Incline DB bench press as the incline bench is w@nk…
Bicep curls/ pull ups
bent forward rows
Abs: less reps and 2 sets from list of above

Basically the upperbody sessions are to rest my legs and to get some training in.

Thats about it for my sessions. For more details check out my log:

http://www.fortified-iron.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11877&st=575&gopid=691228&#entry691228

If the link is not allowed here I please take it down.

If people want me to post a training log on here I can do that also if it helps people or if people just want to see what i do.

Nothing ground breaking. Just tried and true and variety. Every new cycle has a few different exercises in it that my coach sees fit to do. I switch in a different ab exercise to mix things up.

I ALWAYS finish my sessions with an abs or back exercise. The lunchtime gym I train doesn’t have a hyper extension or a bench higher enough for me to do them…trunk (abs and back) strength is VERY important in lifting. If you crumple you have lost the lift and you don’t maximise your leg power.

Wed and Sat I do GHR so my quads don’t dominate my knees!

Sat I’ll add in some MP exercises for fun.

Koing