230kg Raw Squat

my 230kg raw squat belt only,used a 12inch box touch and go was inch below paralell,i just been squatting since i turned 40,and im 42 now,life tie drug free lifter 107kg bodyweight

Strong squat!
Have you seriously only been squatting for two years? What kind of training did you do previously?

[quote]panzerfaust wrote:
Strong squat!
Have you seriously only been squatting for two years? What kind of training did you do previously?[/quote]

thanks man,yes honestly started in january 2010,i was just doing bodybuilding style lifting,only ever done leg press leg curls atc for legs,i worked hard to build my squat 5x5 at start,then just heavy 5s and smolov base cycle

thats a beastly squat but you’re not near an inch below parallel, more like 3 inches above parallel.

We do have a thread for this…

[quote]illgixxer wrote:
thats a beastly squat but you’re not near an inch below parallel, more like 3 inches above parallel. [/quote]

If you pause the video right at the bottom of the squat you can see that your hip joint is above your knees. You seem to lean forward quite a bit, causing your butt to stay up, making it hard to hit depth. You need to sit back a little more. This is not to discredit your accomplishment though, that’s a great squat.

[quote]EveryLastingScar wrote:

[quote]illgixxer wrote:
thats a beastly squat but you’re not near an inch below parallel, more like 3 inches above parallel. [/quote]

If you pause the video right at the bottom of the squat you can see that your hip joint is above your knees. You seem to lean forward quite a bit, causing your butt to stay up, making it hard to hit depth. You need to sit back a little more. This is not to discredit your accomplishment though, that’s a great squat.[/quote

thanks man,we tested me touching the box to test depth with my lean and from side view its an inch below,camera angle from front dosent help

12" box and you both thought he was above parallel from a front view only. LOL

dum dum dum dum dum…

I didn’t read about the box height, I was just going off of the video. I suppose it’s a pretty crappy camera angle throwing it all off.