23 YO: 101 Total Test and 11 Free Test

you have a thyroid problem - I would guess high Reverse T3 (but you should get it tested to confirm).

also when was the blood drawn? if at 8am, your cortisol is at CRITICAL levels (ideal 8am test is 15 - 20). If not at 8am, you need to get a new cortisol test with an 8am blood drawn.

was it DHEA or DHEA-S? DHEA is useless because it varies so much. DHEA-S is a more stable indicator.

Pregnenolone is low as well.

[quote]PureChance wrote:
you have a thyroid problem - I would guess high Reverse T3 (but you should get it tested to confirm).

also when was the blood drawn? if at 8am, your cortisol is at CRITICAL levels (ideal 8am test is 15 - 20). If not at 8am, you need to get a new cortisol test with an 8am blood drawn.

was it DHEA or DHEA-S? DHEA is useless because it varies so much. DHEA-S is a more stable indicator.

Pregnenolone is low as well.[/quote]

It was DHEA-S sorry for that, the blood was drawn around 12 or 12:30 in the afternoon. What type of test would I need for my thyroid? They seem to think the thyroid numbers were fine, not necessarily saying I trust everything they say.

fT3 looks decent. Please take waking body temps, before you get your feet on the floor. That will eval your functional fT3 status. Any CBC data such as hematocrit, RBC, serum iron would be useful too.

[quote]KSman wrote:
fT3 looks decent. Please take waking body temps, before you get your feet on the floor. That will eval your functional fT3 status. Any CBC data such as hematocrit, RBC, serum iron would be useful too.
[/quote]

Sounds good, I will take waking body temp tomorrow morning and post right after. Thank you.

ft3 does look decent, but TSH near 2 says that the thyroid is having to work too hard to get the ft3 up to that level. high RT3 might explain that, as would a ferritin or cortisol problem.

This morning waking body temp was 97.1

thyroid + cortisol controls metabolism and body temperature

ideal thyroid + ideal cortisol = daily temps always between 98 and 99 degrees
low thyroid + ideal cortisol = low avg daily temps 96.0 - 98.0
ideal thyroid + low cortisol = widely fluctuating temps (day to day or within one day) of 96 - 99
low thyroid + low cortisol = widely fluctuating temps (day to day or within one day) of 95 - 98.0

http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph

Was given a diff protocol by two very well known people in the bodybuilding world, and so now I’m not sure what to do…

Here was their recommendation

Week 1 and week 2 Hcg 2,000iu monday and Thursday
3rd week Monday 2,000iu hcg, start 100mg/day clomid thru week 3-4
Week 5-10 1mg adex EOD or 25mg aromasin EOD

What do you guys think?

HCG mimics TSH. excess HCG can cause hyperthyroid symptoms and cause problems for your thyroid.
excess HCG can also desensitize your Leydig cells (that is a bad thing).
It is generally accepted that 500iu or more of HCG EOD can possibly cause desensitization.
but then again I am not a body builder and have never done cycles before.
HRT/Thyroid balance/Cortisol balance is hard enough without the extra stress of cycles.

[quote]PureChance wrote:
HCG mimics TSH. excess HCG can cause hyperthyroid symptoms and cause problems for your thyroid.
excess HCG can also desensitize your Leydig cells (that is a bad thing).
It is generally accepted that 500iu or more of HCG EOD can possibly cause desensitization.
but then again I am not a body builder and have never done cycles before.
HRT/Thyroid balance/Cortisol balance is hard enough without the extra stress of cycles.[/quote]

Thanks for your response, yeah I don’t think I like such high doses of hCG especially after reading some more about it. They also were stating the ineffectiveness of Nolva which I didn’t quite understand. One is a Dr. and both are IFBB pros so I’m not totally discounting their information but I don’t just accept everything that anyone says.

Quick update, I have been doing hCG at 250mg EOD with adex .5mg EOD for a month now…Here are my new blood work numbers

Here are the test results I got back today…

T4, Free, Calculated 2.03 RANGE 1.4-3.8
T4, Total 6.5 RANGE 4.5-12.5
T3 UPTAKE 31.3 RANGE 22.0-35.0
FERRITIN 202 RANGE 20-345
FSH 2.8 RANGE 1.6-8.0
LH 3.5 RANGE 1.5-9.3
TOTAL TEST 600 RANGE 241-827

TSH, 3RD GEN 2.84 RANGE 0.40-4.50
T4, FREE 1.0 RANGE 0.8-1.8
TSH W/REFL FREE T4 2.84 RANGE 0.40-4.50
PROLACTIN 8.0 RANGE 2.0 - 18.0
T3, TOTAL 106 RANGE 76-181

TSH went from 1.86 to 2.84
FSH went from 2.3 to 2.8
LH went from 2.6 to 3.5
Test went from 101 to 600

You really need to test for Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3 + AM Cortisol

you are taking arimidex, but not testing your Estradiol levels???
No free Testosterone or Albumin levels either??

plus testing for Vitamin D25OH never hurts.

[quote]PureChance wrote:

plus testing for Vitamin D25OH never hurts.[/quote]

I found an old script for bloodwork, I changed the dates on it and checked off everything that seemed plausible…For some odd reason there was nothing to check for E2 or estradiol

I did list free t4 however which was a 1.0 with a range of 0.8-1.8

Free t3 on my last blood work was 3.2 with range of 2.3-4.2

Albumin was 4.7 with range of 3.6-5.1

[quote]PureChance wrote:

plus testing for Vitamin D25OH never hurts.[/quote]

I found an old script for bloodwork, I changed the dates on it and checked off everything that seemed plausible…For some odd reason there was nothing to check for E2 or estradiol

I did list free t4 however which was a 1.0 with a range of 0.8-1.8

Free t3 on my last blood work was 3.2 with range of 2.3-4.2

Albumin was 4.7 with range of 3.6-5.1