23 Years Old: No Facial Hair...

[quote]Pete The Newbie wrote:
sorry to hi jack this thread but i am just curious at to what age do you actually stop growing?
[/quote]

The average age is 21 for men.

It’s all about genetics my man and sometimes you get things others have and sometimes you get things that set you apart. I’m a quarter native-american and therefore can’t grow any facial hair to save my life. I also don’t have any chest hair but the women I’ve been with tell me they like that. But I don’t let that affect my pride in my heritage.

Cheers prof. x. Is this height and width?

[quote]Pete The Newbie wrote:
Cheers prof. x. Is this height and width?[/quote]

Width? There are people who die at very old ages due to growing in width.

[quote]Spad wrote:
For some reason I got hit by the ugly stuck of genetics and I didn’t hit puberty until after I graduated high school. I didn’t start developing hair on my crotch and under my arms until I was about 19 years old. I’m 23 years old now and I still can’t grow a beard. The only place I can grow facial hair is on my chin and it’s fairly spread out. I don’t even use shaving cream and I only shave about once a week or so. I just scrape it off with a razor and I’m done.

I’d like to be what people consider normal. I want to have real facial hair. Is this something I should talk to a doctor about? I already have gyno so I’m hesitant to try any steriods or testosterone replacement for fear of it worsening. And that’s all I can see a doctor recommending.

My diet and training are perfectly in check, although I just started lifing weights a few weeks ago. I’m currently lifting three days a week and doing cardio every other day. I have a fairly large body frame and I’m 6 foot 2 inches tall. I don’t have any medical problems and my blood work always comes back normal. I haven’t actually had testosterone levels checked though…

What do you guys recommend? I’ve considered natural test boosters but I’m not sure whether it would be worth the money. I’m really interested in talking to someone that has been in this situation before. Is it even possible at this point or have I pretty much missed the opportunity?[/quote]

Do not worry, I am almost 39 years old and have no chest hair, little facial hair, and most people like I’m around 30. It is most likely your ethnicity - do you have any american indian in your blood line. Sometimes it takes several generations for a genetic trait to remerge.

Gyno could very well be a sign of low testosterone, brotha.

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:
Gyno could very well be a sign of low testosterone, brotha.[/quote]

Um, it could also be the sign of someone susceptible to an increase in testosterone during puberty.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Not necessarily. It also depends on his ethnicity or genetic inheritance. [/quote]

Yes. My family has Native American on both sides. My brother is 26 and NOT hairy. He shaves maybe once a week. And only because peach fuzz looks funny.

I don’t have to shave my pits. (For health reasons as well as genetics.) My legs get shaved once every 7-10 days. The hair just doesn’t grow. My calves have NO hair. None. They are smooth.

[quote]Gothic77 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Not necessarily. It also depends on his ethnicity or genetic inheritance.

Yes. My family has Native American on both sides. My brother is 26 and NOT hairy. He shaves maybe once a week. And only because peach fuzz looks funny.

I don’t have to shave my pits. (For health reasons as well as genetics.) My legs get shaved once every 7-10 days. The hair just doesn’t grow. My calves have NO hair. None. They are smooth.

[/quote]

Same with me. My grandmother was Native American. Shave your legs? You have some hairy ass Indians in your family. There is no reason for to ever shave my legs unless someone is checking them out with a microscope…at which point everything has obviously gone to hell anyway.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Gothic77 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Not necessarily. It also depends on his ethnicity or genetic inheritance.

Same with me. My grandmother was Native American. Shave your legs? You have some hairy ass Indians in your family. There is no reason for to ever shave my legs unless someone is checking them out with a microscope…at which point everything has obviously gone to hell anyway.[/quote]

A kid I know who is into bodybuilding is dominican. He has absolutely no body hair at all. I am jealous of this and yell at him frequently and tell him he sucks. So yes, I think genetics play a large role into body hair and facial hair, moreso than T.

V