23 y/o Ex-College Football Player Thinking of Competing

Great articles thanks I’ll definitely put some of that into practice! Not gonna lie i shed a small tear when you said no more shrugs, I’ve always wanted this tom hardy traps IMG_7574

Some Soviet Sports Supplement action going on there lel

1 Like

Can you post pictures of you in like your living room against a flat wall or something similar? All your pictures either look edited or in “half natty” lighting.

That’s more lower trap than upper. Face pulls with a long peak contraction, trap-3 raises and bent-over presses can help.

1 Like

hugh doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about. There’s no way anyone can say anything positive or negative about your deadlift form from that picture. You’re fine. Without seeing your starting position or how you got to that position, there’s no way to say if you’ve done anything right or wrong in the lift.

You don’t look like a physique guy. Your thick waist would never serve you well in that division. It’s possible that you could overcome the frame you have for that purpose, but I would suggest working with it rather than against it, and just packing on muscle everywhere instead. I’d prefer to see you in classic bodybuilding or just the open division.

I was talking about the under over with straps, I can’t tell much from that photo other than that lol

1 Like

That’s not even secure enough. I use hook grip mixed grip with figure 8 straps and chalk

1 Like

This guy asked for a physique critique and y’all are caught up with his straps and grip on deadlifts. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Like everyone else said, lat width, you have a thick torso you need wide lats. I’d also venture to say your arms have some catching up to do

2 Likes

And calves. Lots of calves.

1 Like

1 Like

uh huh. you said ‘fix that sumo form’ because of the way he used his straps. Totally makes sense. Totally.

Obviously a bit of a derail here, but I’m curious as to why you believe over/under with straps is a problem in the first place, and enough to call someone out for it at that. Why would it be ok to deadlift with over/under without straps, but when you add straps it is suddenly a ‘form problem’? Your arrogance kills me man.

Just seems a bit redundant. How you grip the bar is definitely a part of form for me.

so it’s not a form problem then. it’s simply not the way you would do it, because it seems redundant. fwiw, it’s not redundant. If I was competing in powerlifting still, and I used straps in training, I would likely do the same. If you’re going to have to use over/under when you step on the platform, why would you train double-over? Double-over changes the leverages, the bicep tendon strain on the under hand, etc. Even if you disagree with the point I’m making, you have to see that it’s at the very least not a clear-cut form issue.

I also wonder how you think a blanket ‘fix your form’ statement was helpful in any way. You clearly did not intend to expand on that until you were called out. If you thought he should use his straps differently, and you wanted to actually be helpful, I think you would have said something to that affect.

Just stop being a dick to everyone. It’s so annoying, particularly given how young you are. You’re gonna get yourself banned if you keep it up.

1 Like

Fair point abou the changing the leverages I didn’t think of that. I take my comment back.