T Nation

225 Zercher Deadlift

I have no Squat rack so I decided to play with these so that I would be able to add another squat variation to my training (I do front squats but i’m limited by my clean). I did it from mats to protect the floor and plates. Does anyone use zercher variations in their Squat and Deadlift training?

Nice lift. I use a Zercher variation from pins set to where I can barely get my knees under the bar. This allows me to use more weight.

Lifting it from the floor like you did looks tough as shit. To get more weight on the bar, you might want to consider deadlifting the bar, then crouching and setting it on your lap, the readjusting your hold into Zercher position if you don’t have access to pins and want to handle more weight. You can probably google around for an example.

Keep up the good work.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

Lifting it from the floor like you did looks tough as shit. To get more weight on the bar, you might want to consider deadlifting the bar, then crouching and setting it on your lap, the readjusting your hold into Zercher position [/quote]

Thanks, I tried deadlifting the bar and crouching but somehow I feel as if i’m putting my back in a compromising position when I try it. I would check out the videos and try to figure out the physics of doing it though.

You can make squat stands pretty cheaply. Google it.