225 Power Clean at 17

[quote]tdopb wrote:
chicktuna wrote:
Im really not that fat that you should be making fun of me like that. I not obese so shut the fuck up and show some pics you pussy. I also have abs but very faded.

Big deal, Everyone has abs jackass…
[/quote]

Ill post a pic later.

So in a dumb sense, its olympic lifters cleaning as oppose to highschool kids cleaning. Ill say squat cleans cause i seen some catastrophic cleaning when your not really suing technique

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
So in a dumb sense, its olympic lifters cleaning as oppose to highschool kids cleaning. Ill say squat cleans cause i seen some catastrophic cleaning when your not really suing technique[/quote]

by catastrophic you mean good or bad.

bad…very bad

[quote]chicktuna wrote:
masonator wrote:
Polish Rifle wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:
Looking at the pictures in your profile . . .I have to suggest that a basic lifting program and learning to eat right would be more appropriate for you.

Edit: you joined 4 days ago and already friended cheeta? Lol. That’s funny right thur.

Not nearly as funny as putting “football” down as a profession.

Profile Fail.

More like Priorities Fail.

EDIT: Or Reality Fail. Taken from OP’s profile: “I can run a 40 in 5.6 at a bulk of 205…I could do the splits and a back flip. maybe that why I could run so fast.”

Ok first of all. I am heavy not super fat but bulky. I am flexible which is a huge aspect in running and strenth which I do have. I also have a good body relative strenth. I was also burn with a flexible tenden in my ankle. If you do not know what I mean by that look it up.
[/quote]

Your reply was ANOTHER Reality Fail. You missed the entire point: what world do you live in that a 5.6 is fast?

he has ‘faded abs’

holy shit watch out

Hi chicktuna To answer your question you will once you get your form correct perform heavier weights in the squat clean but they are harder to learn and involve much more technique. Power Cleans are probably better than Squat Cleans for football as you are in a more athletic of stance. I am not a Oly Lifter but, that seems a logical argument.

Now on to what Brant Drake said.I am sorry but, he is right you need to clean up your eating and start seriously lifting focusing on the basics. You are not in very good shape NO I AM NOT SAYING your Obese but, you are not in the best of shape. But I am in the same boat you are I have just in the last week after taking a major thrashing from the people on here have just started eating correctly and cleaning my stuff up and lifting with the basics I am 17 also.

P.s. At 205 a 5.6 is not fast at all. At my school we have 280 lbs guy who run the forty in 5.3 not saying that impressive but it squashes your excuse of being slow because your 205. Also from your pictures I dont see any abs… faded or chiseled to much of any extent… And I have a picture posted so I am not a pussy as you said above to the other posters.

Suggest you get your hands on “ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE” by Bill Starr, old book now but sets the trend for football training with weights.

Bill was a top OL and a very good deadlifter in his day.

not an easy going book but lots of very well thought out info…

Squat cleans really work my traps like nothing else, but considering injury potential, and time to learn, and the requirement for dumping the lifts you will miss, I doubt you could justify the time required,

Your question should be “should I do them from the hang, or the floor”. If you can learn a good second pull, then you get good bang for your buck with power cleans, stick to trying to learn the second pull and leave squat cleans for later.

and without knowing you or your profile, you are certainly having a very uncomfortable start here…good luck

[quote]im_the_truth_ wrote:
Hi chicktuna To answer your question you will once you get your form correct perform heavier weights in the squat clean but they are harder to learn and involve much more technique. Power Cleans are probably better than Squat Cleans for football as you are in a more athletic of stance. I am not a Oly Lifter but, that seems a logical argument.

Now on to what Brant Drake said.I am sorry but, he is right you need to clean up your eating and start seriously lifting focusing on the basics. You are not in very good shape NO I AM NOT SAYING your Obese but, you are not in the best of shape. But I am in the same boat you are I have just in the last week after taking a major thrashing from the people on here have just started eating correctly and cleaning my stuff up and lifting with the basics I am 17 also.

P.s. At 205 a 5.6 is not fast at all. At my school we have 280 lbs guy who run the forty in 5.3 not saying that impressive but it squashes your excuse of being slow because your 205. Also from your pictures I dont see any abs… faded or chiseled to much of any extent… And I have a picture posted so I am not a pussy as you said above to the other posters.[/quote]

First of can I say you look older like in your 20s not as a bad things. Secondly you are right but I want to keep the weight. I could still run a 6.45 mile time and although it does not look good im still in good shape. I feel I perform better even though I gained but I will have to maintain and or get stronger. Wait wat is a good 40. I know that it was really good but maybe I miss understood a 5.6 if that is fatass slow.

Hey OP, This site is lame, and full of people who dont know what they are talking about, this site is MUCH better…

idk but since you call me op you use this site way too much and you know you like this site. I like this site better. Although there are people that are bigger or just as big as people hear the name bodybuilding is just a good site where lots of randoms that do not know site just join. Get ME?

[quote]im_the_truth_ wrote:

P.s. At 205 a 5.6 is not fast at all. At my school we have 280 lbs guy who run the forty in 5.3 not saying that impressive but it squashes your excuse of being slow because your 205. Also from your pictures I dont see any abs… faded or chiseled to much of any extent… And I have a picture posted so I am not a pussy as you said above to the other posters.[/quote]

I will post a better pic of abs. They are not good looking but good for some my age and weight plus height. You will see.

[quote]chicktuna wrote:
Get ME?[/quote]

Are you asking me to pick you up somewhere? I dont know you that well, sorry.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
chicktuna wrote:
Get ME?

Are you asking me to pick you up somewhere? I dont know you that well, sorry.[/quote]

one word bodbuilding.com for you

[quote]chicktuna wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
chicktuna wrote:
Get ME?

Are you asking me to pick you up somewhere? I dont know you that well, sorry.

one word bodbuilding.com for you[/quote]

All hope is lost for you.

chicktuna, is English your first language?

Lol. I get that all the time but I am in high school and I am only 17. No 5.6 is not fat ass slow but its not very fast either that was all I was saying. I understand about keeping the weight and if thats what you wanna do and you feel you are stronger with a slightly higher bodyfat and are content with the way you look then by all means don’t lose weight but, that does not mean you should not clean up your diet but still eat for mass.

Honestly I keep a little more fat on my body as well not much but, when I am really low body fat I do not feel as strong and I am training for powerlifting and strongman which exactly what I dont want. But cleaning up my diet I have already strated to feel stronger, look better, and I feel like I am recoverying much better from my workouts.

Try something like this this is exactly what I am doing. Some probably wont agree but this basic, taste good, and is working for me so why not.

Breakfast- 5 Whole Eggs, 1 Cup Oatmeal, and 3 cups Skim Milk.

Snack-Peanut Butter on Whole Grain.

Lunch-2 Grilled Chicken Breasts, 14 oz Potatoes(About 70 Carbs), and Large Salad with Low-Fat Italian Dressing

Before workout or after school- Piece of fruit.

After Workout-4 cups of fat free chocolate milk.(protein would be just fine but, chocolate milk is cheaper LOL and this only on workout days.)

Dinner:Varies But I always have 8 oz of Lean Beef.

dude when i played highschool football i ran a 5.1 and i weighed 225 at 5’8 and did not look nearly as fat as you. you really aint big get the picture you are never going to go anywhere in football running a 5.6 and now im in the military and i am willing to bet my life you do not run a 6.45 mile i see some of the fittest fastest guys only running a 8.30 mile and a half but hey warren sapp get the picture slim down an come to realization with yourself

I was 205 and ran 4.7 when I graduated HS. That was considered DECENT. Your height says you need to slim down. Once you do slim down, your size will dictate that you should run 4.6 at a maximum. Unless you grow a few inches, in which case you should be a hard 205 and run 4.7. Learn this early, be harder on yourself than anybody else, be realistic about yourself, and always see if there is any merit at all to any advice you are given. If you are slow, fat, weak, admit it and change it. Nobody faults the slow, fat, weak guy for being that way unless he thinks he’s not and isn’t trying to improve.

Tough crowd so you may not find the answers you are looking for but your posted question is hard to decipher as well.

I am not certain what a squat clean is and I have been involved with football for over 20 years. I think snatches are term you are looking for but I have been wrong before.

In any event, the power cleans is going to be your best best to create explosiveness and strength.

Sprints and bleachers are good too.

You should search the archives for football workouts. We have had several threads about it.