22 Yrs Old on TRT, Could Really Use Help

Your testosterone levels posted do us little good, we do not know if they are free or total test. We do not know the units of measures, in addition ranges are recommended. Before making any changes I would do a bit of research on here. First lets talk about what you are taking since it is to late to get your baseline LH and FSH. Also I hope you did get a full CBC and thyroid panel (If so please post the results). Testosterone does not work instantly. The benefits will increase over the course of many months. First to improve is often sexual function then comes energy and mental health over the course of six months. You are currently taking, I assume, 1ML of 250mg testosterone enanthate every other week. This ester is nearly identical in half life to test cyp at 7 days ±1.5 days depending on metabolic and other functions. This gives the ester smooth ups and downs which lends to greater tolerability. The issue with taking this ester at twice its half life that it causes great “peaks and valleys” in serum concentrations. This large peaks have an effect on Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) by lowering this level greatly. With SHBG low in the blood the testosterone does not bind making more free testosterone. While one would think this is a good thing, it really makes keeping steady serum testosterone and estrogen difficult (yes estrogen is important in men). To prevent this reduction in SHBG, one can smooth out the “peaks and valleys” ins serum concentrations. This is accomplished by greater frequency of of injection. Weekly injections of 125mg test e would not only assist in keeping SHBG within reference range, it will also reduce estrogen levels because the peak of test is not so outrageous. That pesky aromatase enzyme can slow its business down if the peaks are lower. To further smooth out the peaks and valleys, many on this site will recommend twice weekly injections of half the weekly amount. So for you that would be 62.5mg twice per week which would further assist in keeping SHBG at a healthy level. Many here not only inject twice per week but they also do subcutaneous injection so there is greatly reduced concern for scar tissue buildup. With this last protocol I understand we have members doing twice weekly injections of 50mg and no not need an aromatase inhibitor (AI). Back to estrogen, yes it is important. The target here is 24pg/ml, lower than 20pg/ml begins hot flashes, mood issues and erection quality concerns and a level north of 30 does the same for most men. What else before I get tot the test prop? Oh your 22, are you taking HCG? If not fertility will very soon become an issue. You may not want kids today but someday you might and if you shut the boys down for to long with TRT they may not come back online.

Test prop has a 4 day half life ±22hours, so to smooth out those aforementioned peaks and valleys you would need to inject every 4 days (to equate roughly with the results of Test e weekly) or every other day (to equate to the twice weekly protocol of test e). Talk about building scar tissue ouch!

Now please read the stickies and add the needed information to your post. Have a great day @snownet

1 Like