22 Yr Old, About to Give Up...

i live in a very country area and the doctoring options are extremely limited. everytime i go into an office the only thing theyll talk about is how im 22 years old and that im fine. i mean i had one girlfriend for 4-5 years and the ED started with her so its not like im nervous or something and in almost a years time i went from being the overachiever gungho kinda guy to the lazy prick who wont get out of bed. as far as the ultrasound the only thing i could get over the phone was that there were cysts but the doctors notes only said that they were non-specific so in two seperate ultrasounds ive been told the cysts dont mean a thing. right now im looking into getting hooked up with dr crisler in michigan but still trying to decide if that would be a legitimate option, thoughts?

[quote]diesel44 wrote:
i live in a very country area and the doctoring options are extremely limited. everytime i go into an office the only thing theyll talk about is how im 22 years old and that im fine. i mean i had one girlfriend for 4-5 years and the ED started with her so its not like im nervous or something and in almost a years time i went from being the overachiever gungho kinda guy to the lazy prick who wont get out of bed. as far as the ultrasound the only thing i could get over the phone was that there were cysts but the doctors notes only said that they were non-specific so in two seperate ultrasounds ive been told the cysts dont mean a thing. right now im looking into getting hooked up with dr crisler in michigan but still trying to decide if that would be a legitimate option, thoughts?[/quote]

I’m not familiar with Crisler himself, does he have a website?

If you have a car, I would read the “How to find a good TRT doc” thread and call a bunch of compounding pharmacies in the closest city to you. For your thyroid you can probably ask the compounding pharmacies for docs who prescribe dessicated thyroid and armour.

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]diesel44 wrote:
i live in a very country area and the doctoring options are extremely limited. everytime i go into an office the only thing theyll talk about is how im 22 years old and that im fine. i mean i had one girlfriend for 4-5 years and the ED started with her so its not like im nervous or something and in almost a years time i went from being the overachiever gungho kinda guy to the lazy prick who wont get out of bed. as far as the ultrasound the only thing i could get over the phone was that there were cysts but the doctors notes only said that they were non-specific so in two seperate ultrasounds ive been told the cysts dont mean a thing. right now im looking into getting hooked up with dr crisler in michigan but still trying to decide if that would be a legitimate option, thoughts?[/quote]

I’m not familiar with Crisler himself, does he have a website?

If you have a car, I would read the “How to find a good TRT doc” thread and call a bunch of compounding pharmacies in the closest city to you. For your thyroid you can probably ask the compounding pharmacies for docs who prescribe dessicated thyroid and armour.[/quote]

Find out who prescribed compounded slow release t3 only in doses 70mcg and higher and you’ve found yourself an aggresive doctor.

Have you looked on yahoo groups to see if there is a thyroid group for your state?

I agree with Hallowed and SCJ that you should exhaust your local(ish) options first before moving on…but if worse comes to worse, Crisler is an excellent choice…

ive pretty much seen every local endo in my area, ive even been to a few docs 4-6 hours away… crisler seems like the most legit choice and hes only 7hrs away from me.

wont have insurance in a month or so, so that should make things more interesting…

[quote]diesel44 wrote:
wont have insurance in a month or so, so that should make things more interesting…[/quote]

You ever go out to see Crisler? Any other updates?