22 Y/O Almost 120kg...Am I Fat?

My total might disagree

1 Like

18% BF is my guess

I’m gonna day lower. I had a DEXA at 20 and 17 I think it was and I carried more fat then him. My guess is 15ish lol. Not that it matters.

Update: I’m slowly starting to cut, already 3kg down

(118kg)

What’s your plan? 3 kilos in a month starting at 120 kilos doesn’t strike me as very aggressive (which is fine)

I’m a powerlifter, so my plan is to cut very slowly without losing any muscle and mainly strenght. I just want to look more ripped :wink: I guess at 112-113kg it may will look good.

Okay, that’s cool. Losing muscle really only happens if you diet for too long or take in too little protein (assuming you’re still training hard). Dieting for longer, but less aggressively, isn’t necessarily ideal. Have you considered a more aggressive deficit for two weeks, and then eating at maintenance for two, repeat until you reach your target weight? Please note that I didn’t mean to imply that losing those three kilos is something to scoff at.

That isn’t for me. Gradual calorie reduction has proven to work best for me.

1 Like

Curious, where did you get these ideas?

1 Like

My experience. But certainly should very elaborated more.

The former is more in reference to that dieting rarely is pleasant, and seeing as you’ll eventually see things like metabolic downregulation and mounting hunger levels as the diet drags on I discourage long diets (however, I’ll be the first to acknowledge that without first discussing how many weeks we are talking that’s not a helpful statement on its own). I. e. depending on where you are starting out 16 weeks isn’t going to cost you that much — however, if ones goal is primarily to muscle and strength I’d argue its a long time to chase another goal. Secondly, and now in reference to what I just wrote, maybe these mechanisms are side effects that you’d see as a result of low levels of bodyfat moreso than the duration of the diet. So, I don’t really know

The latter statement
 Yeah, that’s just not factually true written as it is. It can be an indirect consequence of a drawn out diet but not a direct one.

Sorry