T Nation

22 or 23 Gauge for Sust?

any preference betw the 22 or 23 gauge for sust?
-ive used the 22 1.5in just fine but just curious…

there is not much between them… lol

I dont think I would be able to guess which one was which if I could only see one at a time.

So to answer your question either or is fine.

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
any preference betw the 22 or 23 gauge for sust?
-ive used the 22 1.5in just fine but just curious…[/quote]

personal preference would be neither, and use 25g instead

yea its all preference and i use 25 1 1/2

really? the 25? hmm i was always talk not to go higher than 23 does it make much of a noticable diff?

i draw and pin with 25…no prob patience is the key to drawing

22 23 ? …i agree with Lg

[quote]egnatiosj wrote:
really? the 25? hmm i was always talk not to go higher than 23 does it make much of a noticable diff?[/quote]

smaller pins ( higher number) makes for less damage and scar tissue. it does take longer the smaller the pin but its worth it if you cant handle the pain.

I use a 20g 1.5in pin personally wih no problems

20g? Ouch, you’re a beast! I’ve used 23 and 25g in the past. I’ve decided to stick with 25g from now on. It’s a little slower to pin, but not much.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
20g? Ouch, you’re a beast! I’ve used 23 and 25g in the past. I’ve decided to stick with 25g from now on. It’s a little slower to pin, but not much.[/quote]

all personal preferance.
I donate plasma when I am off cycle on a normal basis(gotta do my good sam part) and they use 14g fistulas

I actually like that “crunch” I hear when I am taking my core sample

alright thanks guys im gonna try the 25s… now second question im lookin for 1cc syringes to put those 25gauge pins on…any sites you could pm me? i tried gpz they dont sell the 1cc syringes solo

ive got messed up hands and i can barely hold the bigger 3 or 5 cc without fumblin it all over and i just moved so i dont have any 1 to help me inject right now…

smallest i know of are 3cc

slin pins are 1cc but they come with fixed pins on them so thats kind of pointless for what you want.

ya ive seen a bunch already attached for insulin pins but i cant find a site where they are detached, my ex gf had diabetes and used to hook me up with the syringe and i just added my own needle but… thats no longer a source

just get the 3cc and get over it

http://www.researchsupply.net/

thats easy to say id prefer to be comfortable when im injecting and feel like i can acutally control it i ahve a big chunk of two of my fucking fingers missings so i cant just fucking “get over it” but thanks anways

Buy the 3cc like everyone else does. Either that or backfill 29GA slin pins and only inject 1/2 cc at a time.

Barrels that small are hard to find it seems. There’s a site in Canada that sells them. But it’s way expensive.