Hi guys, I am writing here as someone might give me a good advice at how to approach testing for my condition.
Little bit about me:
Not muscular, just fat.
Pubic hair, little bit of chest hair, sparse beard (with a lot of space not covered).
Penis has always been under my peers size since I was a kid (now 11 cm erected).
Normal size testicles.
My lab results:
Somewhere in 2015 (21 years old) I have had testosterone (total and free), LH, FSH, E2 and something else tested. I don’t remember or have those numbers anymore ,but I do remember that my total T was border low (something like ~300) and I was sent home with advice to loose weight and I am going to be good as my LH and FSH where normal (don’t remember anything about free t).
Later in 2015 I had total T tested at 325 ng/dL and TSH: 1.71 uIU/mL. After that was sent home with “All good”.
Than I was tested again:
05/12/2016 11:24 AM
Testosterone, TOTAL 385 ng/dL >=240 ng/dL
TSH 1.03 uIU/mL 0.40 - 4.20 uIU/mL
Prolactin 8 ng/mL 2 - 18 ng/mL
LH 4.0 mIU/mL 1.0 - 12.0 mIU/mL
ALT 48 U/L 0 - 36 U/L
Then retested with additional tests (with free t and cortisol requested by endo):
05/18/2016 8:34 AM
Glucose, fasting 94 mg/dL 60 - 99 mg/dL
Cholesterol 155 mg/dL <=239 mg/dL
Triglyceride 129 mg/dL <=499 mg/dL
HDL 34 mg/dL >=40 mg/dL
Low density lipoprotein calculated 95 mg/dL <=159 mg/dL
Iron 141 ug/dL 50 - 212 ug/dL
Iron binding capacity, unsaturated 221 ug/dL 110 - 370 ug/dL
Total iron binding capacity 362 ug/dL 228 - 428 ug/dL
Transferrin % saturation 39 % 14 - 57 %
PT 13.9 second(s) 11.7 - 14.3 second(s)
PT INR 1.1 Ratio
ALT 36 U/L 0 - 36 U/L
AST 19 U/L 10 - 40 U/L
Ceruloplasmin 18 mg/dL 16 - 50 mg/dL
TESTOSTERONE, FREE, CALCULATED 101.3 pg/mL 59.0 - 166.0 pg/mL
CORTISOL, 9H POST 1MG DEX 1.6 ug/dL 0.0 - 1.7 ug/dL
And that is about it with the tests, I couldn’t get anyone looking into my tow total T and I have no idea what kind of calculations they have done for my free T.
As my symptoms goes:
- No morning wood in my lifetime (well 3,4 times I can remember ,I really wanted to pee and I was about 14 years old).
- Always had problems with maintaining an erection.
- Always has been fat even playing sports like hockey, basketball all my childhood (my diet was under parents control).
- I have been to urologist appointment 6 or 7 times in my life (starting from 14 years old). I periodically have shooting pain in my balls and sometimes in penis, burning sensations in penis after ejaculation and recently started having problems with urination. Tension in testicles (light massage is helping a lot).
Urologist could not find anything except underdeveloped prostate which showed up on scan. All STDs where checked and negative, cystoscopy showed nothing except weak urine flow.
- Libido has always been off, never had an urgency of having sex or something ,cute girls are more of good art for me, but if there is a chance to get sex I am trying to do it as in my brain I understand that I want to be normal. During sex I am usually finishing in a minute and can’t make it last longer, “recharge” time is very long (~5 hours).
- Muscle gain… Forget it ,no matter what I do, it is the same as I had since 14-15.
- As of my mood… I have always been a moody person, depressions and pessimism are the things to describe me (it doesn’t mean that I never have good mood or I can’t laugh) ,but usually depression is happening to people sometimes ,for me it is vise versa: good mood - is something that is happening sometimes.
There is much more to go detailed about, but I think that is enough to get an idea. I kind of thought it is the way I am and I am chosen to deal with that stuff or it is in my head, but number of shit happening with my body is getting other whelming, so I think there is something medical involved.
If you have any idea what I can look at as a reason of my low t and symptoms, it would be helpful.
My plan is to do full thyroid, pituitary, testicular testing to rule out everything and if still nothing found I am going to commit to TRT (I didn’t do sperm count yet ,but I am kind of sure that I am already fertile as a banana).
If you wan’t any additional info ,just ask for it.