21st-Century Slavery

Last night I listened to an OnPoint radio show about the worldwide sex slave trade. See link below.

These are children - with absolutely no say in the matter. Sometimes they are kidnapped; sometimes their parents sell them. And the brutality of the people running these brothels is just utterly fucking breathtaking.

How can people treat each other like this? Perhaps if they believe there’s no god then everything is permitted? It reminds me of the Jewish prisoner who was made to dig his own grave for the guards who intended to shoot him as soon as he was done. His last words: “God is watching you.” The fuckers.

Part of me wants to pray for the sick and twisted souls of those responsible; the other part wants to assemble a swat team to rescue these poor children, and then use these people for fucking target practice.

I would not hesitate to execute the people kidnapping them, the parents, and the clients.

Some of those clients could be people in your own neighbourhood, who go on sex tours. Kill 'em all.

I like this quote “The global sex trafficking of young girls, in numbers greater than the 19th-century Atlantic slave trade ever knew” - which makes me angry at people living in western luxury complaining about things that happened to their previous generations, which, however appalling (and recent) is nothing compared to what is going on right now.

Furthermore, apart from sex slavery, there are countless millions of slaves working for crap wages to produce goods for the idle west.

Yes, slavery never was so big as it is today.

~end rant~

I doubt that the numbers are that large.

However, there are people whose personality could be remarkably improved by a 9mm bullet in the head.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

Furthermore, apart from sex slavery, there are countless millions of slaves working for crap wages to produce goods for the idle west.

[/quote]

Oh please.

Slavery is the systematic exploitation of labour. As a social-economic system, slavery is a legal or informal institution under which a person (called “a slave”) is compelled to work for another (sometimes called “the master” or “slave owner”).[1] Evidence of slavery predates written records, and has existed to varying extents, forms and periods in almost all cultures and continents.[2] Slaves are held against their will from the time of their capture, purchase, or birth, and are deprived of the right to leave, to refuse to work, or to receive compensation (such as wages) in return for their labour. As such, slavery is one form of unfree labor . Today, slavery is formally outlawed in nearly all countries, but the phenomenon continues to exist in various forms around the world.[3][4]

emphasis mine

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
[/quote]

Slavery implies involuntary servitude.

Show me an instance of any person that is forced into and cannot leave a job voluntarily for any reason and I will show you slavery.

When I was stationed in Korea I definitely had run into more than a few women at bars that were sold into their positions. Most were from the Philipines whose parents had sold them to mama-san, the parents would then tell the girls that they were going to work in Korea as a waitress or something like that. Once they were “working” in the “bar” (brothel) they had to earn some pre-determined amount for mama-san before she won her freedom.

I remember this because a guy who lived in my barracks actually paid a giant fee to mama-san to release one of the girls so she could marry him (I think it was around 2k). Anyhow, he pays the fee and she releases her. He never saw her again as she somehow managed to buy a plane ticket back to the Philipines, she did leave him a thank you note though.

Anyways, it’s definitely in existence in Korea.

[quote]druryk wrote:
When I was stationed in Korea I definitely had run into more than a few women at bars that were sold into their positions. Most were from the Philipines whose parents had sold them to mama-san, the parents would then tell the girls that they were going to work in Korea as a waitress or something like that.

Once they were “working” in the “bar” (brothel) they had to earn some pre-determined amount for mama-san before she won her freedom.

I remember this because a guy who lived in my barracks actually paid a giant fee to mama-san to release one of the girls so she could marry him (I think it was around 2k). Anyhow, he pays the fee and she releases her. He never saw her again as she somehow managed to buy a plane ticket back to the Philipines, she did leave him a thank you note though.

Anyways, it’s definitely in existence in Korea. [/quote]

Good for him - and good for her. Thanks for the story.

Orion, I don’t think the numbers actually matter all that much. Even if it were just one girl it would be no less evil - for example, the poor girl whose “master” gouged out her eye with a piece of scrap metal because she wasn’t pliant enough, and to make her an example to the other girls.