21M, Advice on Blood Test Results

-height: 5’8
-waist: 33
-weight: 182

-describe body and facial hair: Extremely hairy legs & ass, moderate hair on chest, takes 2 weeks to grow out my beard

-describe where you carry fat and how changed: Fat is carried on my glutes, I legit have a bubble butt. A lot on my stomache, love handles, and I have huge quads (i guess mostly fat, even though it doesnt feel like it). Some on chest.

-health conditions, symptoms [history]: Asthma
symptoms:
**ALWAYS tired. I can sleep 9-10 hours, and still be exhausted all day. I simply have no energy & its extremely difficult for me to get out of bed. **
Anxiety, low confidence, no motivation, I never want to go out/do anything, I am a emotional bitch (angry, sad, high highs and low lows…), one testicle hangs a lot lower than the other, low sex drive, extremely dry skin on hands in the winter, brain fog, terrible memory, sex drive is really low, and my erections are weak.

-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever: I’ve been using Nizoral for ~1 year

-lab results with ranges:
TSH: 1,451 [0,350 - 4,940]
Testosterone: 15,8 [5,8 - 32,1] nmol/L
Bio-available T: 8,7 [3,4 - 12,8] nmol/L
Free T: 422,3 [223,0 - 915,0] pmol/L
SHBG: 24 nmol/L [11 - 78] nmol/L

other stuff of interest?:
cholesterol: 5,17
A/G: 2,5 [1,0-2,1]
Bilirubin: 29 [0-21]

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]: Before taking the test I did not track my food, and just ate when I was hungry. Moderate protein/fat, high carb i’d say. Now I’m trying to lose weight, so I’ve been eating 120g protein/50-70g fat. rest carbs @ like 1800cals.

-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]: I rarely train. Maybe twice a month.
-testes ache, ever, with a fever?: ache yes, rarely and w/ no fever.
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed: I never get morning wood, been like this since I can remember.

Of course, the doctor said my results are normal and he wants to treat my anxiety now. From what I gather, my levels are fairly low for my age, aren’t they? I just want some guidance on what to do next. Are my levels low enough to be worried about? Should I ask for more tests, go to another doctor, or change my lifestyle (more exercise, for instance)?

The chances are you’re suffering from anxiety or depression, rather than low T. 15.8 nmol/L is 456 ng/dL, which is probably above the range that most places would treat.

I’d go with your doctor’s suggestion of getting the anxiety treated. TRT isn’t a magic bullet that will cure it overnight, see Bignoknow’s YouTube channel as an example.

Depression can raise cortisol levels, which in turn will reduce testosterone. It might be worth getting them checked.

I see. I can ask for another blood test w/ cortisol levels. Is there anything else I should ask for? I posted on another forum and they said to check prolactin + e2.

Someone like @KSman will be able to answer that question better. I’m just a recovering depressive with no real knowledge of biochemistry. :grinning:

I think that there’s a tendency to expect miracles from rebalancing hormones, but it’s difficult to deal with a mood disorder, and there are no magic bullets. Hence my comments about checking out Bignoknow’s YouTube channel. He’s on TRT, but still struggles with serious depression.

Your testosterone is certainly low for someone your age, but as @Graemsay says, its very likely that you have other issues to address first.

At 5’8, 182 and only training twice a month, you need to get into shape. That’s contributing not only to testosterone, but also your general sense of well-being.

Being an emotional bitch is just life for some guys. I had extremely high levels in my teens and was still getting teary-eyed in sad movies.

Yes, T levels are low, but that does not explain dry skin.

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin
CBC
hematocrit
AM cortisol [at 8AM]
Vit-D25
TSH
fT3
fT4

Thyroid: ?

• low energy - yes
  • dry skin - yes
  • generalized hair thinning [not male pattern baldness]
  • feel cold easier
  • history of not using iodized salt

You seem depressed. Are you sleeping OK?

Please list all supplements and meds, Rx and OTC.

Please follow these links in 2nd post 1st forum topic:

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones

One testes always hangs lower.

generalized hair thinning - yes
history of not using iodized salt - yes

I sleep fine but I have some trouble falling asleep sometimes. Never feel ‘refreshed’ despite sleeping 9-10 hours, always tired in the morning.

supplements/meds: vitamin D 5000 IU

Thank you guys for the advice, appreciate it. I will ask for more blood work to be done and I’ll post here when I have the results.

And feeling cold?

If not using iodized salt, we can assume iodine deficiency and follow the implications of that.

Please follow these links in 2nd post 1st forum topic:

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • Thyroid Basics Explained – Please check oral body temperatures as suggested.

feeling cold: I guess, its more that i cant tolerate it (i.e. outside, need to wear gloves/have hands in pocket)

yesterday:
98.6 in the afternoon

today:
I measured twice back to back using a 7$ fever thermometer
morning:
1st: 35.9: (96.62)
2nd: 36.1: (96.98)

afternoon:
1st: 36.9 (98.42)
2nd: 36.8 (98.24)

will post bloods as soon as i can… next doc appointment is mid march

from initial blood test:
hematocrit: 0,451 [0,420-0,500]

I was denied the extra bloods from my doc. I live in Canada, and he said the public lab wouldn’t retest my T or any thyroid hormones because T & TSH are in range, and they wouldn’t test vitamin D either. So I guess I’m going to have to go to a private doc.

Anyone know if this is normal?

If you’re worried about your vitamin D levels then buy a bottle of 5000 iu tablets, and take one a day. That will get you back into the healthy range if you’re deficient.

There’s no risk of overdosing at that level, so you don’t really need a blood test to check that out.

Other than that listen to your doctor, and get your anxiety treated. That’s your real issue.

My anxiety has been a constant throughout my life, i.e. high school and beyond, but just now I am experiencing these other symptoms. It really only happens if there are big events coming up that I am worried about, or in social situations. It doesn’t have a large enough negative impact on my life to consider taking meds for it. I was happy, confident, had plenty of energy etc ~2 years ago, when I would still be anxious about things, and would worry about every important event, etc.

I’ve been taking 5000iu tablets for a while now, I’m going to stop and switch to a multi that has 2000ui D3 a day.

My body temps are low, morning and afternoon, and i’ve tested them a few times. I’m going to do IR and pay for more bloods to be done.

Your afternoon body temps are decent. Do the IR and if body temps are good and you feel better; doing labs may not be needed.